[Confirmed] Hideo Kojima will be leaving Konami after the completion of Metal Gear Solid V

Sharkyx1

No, they are telling him to finish the one that comes out in september, but they are removing his name from everything

Including previously released material like the Legacy collection which is all the games leading up to V (1,2,3,PW,4 and the msx ones)

which were his lifes work.

They are removing his name from the cover art and advertising, nothing else. The former production studio and his name are still in the ingame credits, which is what most developers (even prestigious ones) receive. I don't claim to understand Japanese business ethics or practices, but I still believe Kojima had a hand in that decision. I've yet to see proof saying otherwise. 

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

I'm actually excited to see him work on something new, the last time it happened we got Zone of the Enders and it was awesome.  I'm sure if anyone is going with him, Yoji Shinkawa will be among them, so I think he'll be able to create his own studio with a lot of publisher interest fairly easily.

i7-5820k  |  MSI X99S SLI-Plus  |  4x4GB HyperX 2400 DDR4  |  Sapphire Radeon R9 295X2  |  Samsung 840 EVO 1TB x2  |  Corsair AX1200i  |  Corsair H100i  |  NZXT H440 Razer

They are removing his name from the cover art and advertising, nothing else. The former production studio and his name are still in the ingame credits, which is what most developers (even prestigious ones) receive. I don't claim to understand Japanese business ethics or practices, but I still believe Kojima had a hand in that decision. I've yet to see proof saying otherwise. 

Well, my point was that

If it were me and I was removed as a project decision maker before I could finish, I would want my named removed as well.

He still is a project decision maker until the end of this game, they aren't kicking him out of the seat and finishing his game without him, and yeah they aren't taking away his director credit, and i was just pointing out it seemed weird to change the cover of the old games, not just the promotional material for the new one.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Well, my point was that

He still is a project decision maker until the end of this game, they aren't kicking him out of the seat and finishing his game without him, and yeah they aren't taking away his director credit, and i was just pointing out it seemed weird to change the cover of the old games, not just the promotional material for the new one.

you are right, It really is weird. My best guess might be either 

a.) marketing. They don't want the old games to appear segregated or different, like a new chapter in the series.

b.) royalties being discontinued.

c.) an original agreement that Kojima signed years ago that threatened this action if he ever stepped down (blackmail).

d.) He did something bad enough to lose his honor and respect (again, maybe a cultural thing).

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

MGS is literally Konami's only franchise that's not dead. And since hes going, silent hills is probably going to suck too. Looks like Konami is exclusively pachinko machines, card games, and anime now.

MGS is literally Konami's only franchise that's not dead. And since hes going, silent hills is probably going to suck too. Looks like Konami is exclusively pachinko machines, card games, and anime now.

Yeah im more worried about Silent Hills than MGS, since i was quite excited about it after playing P.T.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Yeah im more worried about Silent Hills than MGS, since i was quite excited about it after playing P.T.

Me too, a chance for the franchise to come back and it's gone now. Looks like we're going to get shoddy spin offs and remakes now.

Why? ...  why all this? and now that there's a game to come out? this makes me wonder.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Is it Kojima's decision to leave? Is he leaving because he wanted to do something new or feed up of something?  Or is Konami forcing him to leave?

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

• 1 month later...

What on earth is going on in that company 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

• 2 months later...

"It's only a box!", I'm sure many of you will say, and I'm sure there will be a debate about this, but since they removed "A Hideo Kojima game" and Kojima Productions logo, I think this just shows how far the argument between Konami and Kojima went. Sounds to me like Konami is being disrespectful on purpose.

MGS_Boxes.jpg

Also earlier this week, the Japanese voice actor for Solid Snake said:

"[Kojima Productions] has been disbanded,: he said. :It appears that the work that the team has been putting their utmost effort into is nearly complete.:
:I’m not exaggerating when I say that I expect it will become their greatest masterpiece,: he continued. :I couldn’t help it. I just wanted to say 'Kept you waiting, huh?' But even if this is the end, Metal Gear Solid is immortal!"

We kind of knew that, this is just a confirmation.
What do you think all of this? I am not happy and I hope Kojima takes his work somewhere else and nails it.

Box Art sources: 1, 2, 3
Disband source

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

hqdefault.jpg

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I can foresee people giving bad reviews just because of this 

I'm quite sure some good independent reviewers will stay objective.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

RIP Metal Gear :( Im looking forward to one hell of a ride and kojima doing this right and wrapping things up nicely.

I fucking ADORE Metal Gear, you will be hard pressed to tell me something about MG I dont already know and it breaks my fucking heart seeing this, MGS5 looks nohting short of incredible. but at the same time it breaks my heart something I love so dearly is being forcefully taken away from me and there is nothing I can do about it. 

Part of me doesn't even want to get MGS5 just as a final fuck you to Konami, but I can't/

Looking forward to what is surely your greatest work Kojima. :(

Taking some words from ocelot right now.

Konami can rot for all I care.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

snip

Way to be productive to the conversation, if you dont care take your creepy pony fascination and get lost.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Way to be productive to the conversation, if you dont care take your creepy pony fascination and get lost.

Sorry, but WHY would this be important news, that a box has one less logo and a few less words on it?

It is like the "OMG a company changed the color of its logo" threads all over again...

strange normally people go the other way when someone dies and promote it as their last "thing" no matter how much of a role they had. 

I'm quite sure some good independent reviewers will stay objective.

Oh, I'm referring to reviews that come from individuals.  (Steam reviews)

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

I though this was the last MG that Hideo Kojima was doing why would they take his name off? Still buying it when it comes on PC xD my first MG game ever.

Desktop: ARX-Laevatein : soon to be ARX-8 http://au.pcpartpicker.com/p/8RyhHx

Custom Aurora R4 ALX case + Caselabs Merlin Pedestal | i7- 4820k @ 4.8 Ghz | Asus Rampage IV Gene Mobo | 16gb Corsair Dominator Platinum | EVGA/Gigabyte 12GB Titan X SLI | 128GB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 2x WD RED 3TB| EVGA 1200 P2 PSU | Win 10 | Razer Black Widow Chroma | Corsair M95 | Asus ROG Swift PG278Q | Sennheiser G4ME ZERO White

Laptop: M17x R4 Stealth Black :

i7-3940xm | 32 Gb G.Skill Ripjaws | 8Gb GTX 880m | Killer Wireless N-1103 | 500Gb Samsung 840 EVO, 1TB WD 5400rpm + 32Gb Msata SSD Cache | 1920 x 1080 120Hz 3D screen | DVDRWBD | Sound Blaster recon 3Di | M18x 330w PSU | Win 7 Ultimate | Zalman ZM-NC11 Black | Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB | Razer Mamba 2012 | Sennheiser PC 363D 7.1 Headset

Sorry, but WHY would this be important news, that a box has one less logo and a few less words on it?

It is like the "OMG a company changed the color of its logo" threads all over again...

Relax guys.

As to why this is "news", the game is developed by Kojima Productions and directed, designed, co-produced and co-written by Hideo Kojima. There was a fallout and Kojima was supposedly fired. But the fact that the team has had a hand in the development of the game cannot be changed.

This is a matter of proper crediting, and comparing it to the logo color change is unfair.

You have to understand what the meaning behind this is. I'm pretty sure they didn't do this just because they wanted to save a few dollars on ink. This means that Kojima and Konami parted ways in a very sour manner; someone did something. There's some juicy drama going on.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600X            | Cooler: Deepcool AK400  | Motherboard: B550 Elite AX V2  | Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 1TB  |

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB   | GPU: MSI RTX 3060 Ti    | Case: NZXT H440 (Red/Black)    | PSU: EVGA 650W G2             |

You have to understand what the meaning behind this is. I'm pretty sure they didn't do this just because they wanted to save a few dollars on ink. This means that Kojima and Konami parted ways in a very sour manner; someone did something. There's some juicy drama going on.

That I understand, what I don't get is why freak out over the cover, that has lost the logo :)

snip

I'm sad....

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

I'm sad....

image.png

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii