[Confirmed] Hideo Kojima will be leaving Konami after the completion of Metal Gear Solid V

Sharkyx1

That I understand, what I don't get is why freak out over the cover, that has lost the logo :)

No one is freaking out, people are just stating their opinions on the whole situation.  :)

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

That I understand, what I don't get is why freak out over the cover, that has lost the logo :)

People are pissed off because it is straight up disrespectful on Konami part. "a hideo kojima game" has been a mark on his work since mgs2 for those that get MG. The man is a genius and amazing at what he does, not only that but Metal Gear has made his employer probably more money then almost all their other franchises (I can only think of 1 that might be at it) and I imagine hes their greatest source of money if you look throughout their history if you look at all their games. So as it was said it's incredibly disrespectful since kojima deserves his acknowledgement for his work, rather then konami try and cover him up.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Not sure if you read my reply to you above, but Konami will be selling the game and making money off it, without properly crediting the people behind it.

If that sits well with you, then no issues there. Like someone said, just people stating their own opinions.

Now it looks like a bootleg. 

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

So, if you made a game and you weren't credited properly for your part in it, you'd be perfectly fine?

Honestly, I think that you need to leave the thread of you have nothing to contribute besides complaining due to not understanding what's going on

This would not be considered respectful in film productions if that person was a major contributor

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

So, if you made a game and you weren't credited properly for your part in it, you'd be perfectly fine?

Honestly, I think that you need to leave the thread of you have nothing to contribute besides complaining due to not understanding what's going on

Name on the box is "properly credited" ? I thought that's what the end-game "credits" are for, but that is just me... very few people I know buy actual physical copies anyway...

Name on the box is "properly credited" ? I thought that's what the end-game "credits" are for, but that is just me... very few people I know buy actual physical copies anyway...

Most box art at least has the logo of the studio that developed it if they have a logo.

Still, just leave if you only want to complain like a child.

Like I've been saying since day one, the Metal Gear Solid series finished with Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, It's great legacy would have continued for eternity had this one not been made, despite the fact that Konami are shitting all over the series, Kojima should have shut up shop and moved on following the success of 4 the story was finished. 

All that is going to happen now is Metal Gear Solid's reputation is going to be destroyed by this game because of Konami's dealings with this situation. The only way to show them how pissed you are about it is to not buy the game.

Cpu: Intel i5 4690k @3.5 Ghz*cooled by Corsair Hydro H105* | Case: NZXT H440 Black/Green | Motherbord: Gigabyte Z97X-UD5H-BK Black Edition Ram: Avexir Venom 16GB
Video Card: Asus Nvidia GeForce GTX980 4GB | Power Supply: Corsair TX850 | SSD: Samsung 500GB 850 Pro SSD: Samsung 500GB 840 Pro 
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG Swift G-Sync 144mhz | Keyboard: Logitech G710+  | Mouse: Logitech G700s| Headset: Logitech G35 | Speakers: Logitech X530 5.1
NAS Set-up: Netgear ReadyNAS 104 "populated by 4 x 2TB Western Digital Red in RAID 6"

Most box art at least has the logo of the studio that developed it if they have a logo.

Still, just leave if you only want to complain like a child.

Like I said, given the trend of digital downloads, not many people buy physical copies... but yeah, sorry for being a dick and stating my opinion, I beg you farewell...

5H0MVLq9wraQU.gif

This is absolutely disgusting imo, Kojima has had a very real hand in the fortunes for Konami and like others have said his franchise has earned them more money than almost all their other works combined except maybe Silent Hill, and it doesn't matter in what situation Kojima's studio was disbanded, his team and himself worked hard on that game, and he should be credited along with his team, to do anything else is basically stealing their work.

Although having said that last part Konami probably took the rights to the game and the name when Kojima signed his contracts, so I guess that there is nothing he can do about it unfortunately.

It's an awful situation, because if you boycott the game then the devs don't get the money they rightly deserve and I doubt Kojima would want that, but on the other hand if you buy the game Konami get the impression that their actions don't matter and that it's basically okay to pull shit like this and get a shed load of money to boot for basically zero effort, while riding the coat tails of an incredibly talented dev and producer.

At least Kojima can now focus on doing what he wants to do and maybe he'll go on to even greater things while Konami flounders around trying to produce shitty mobile games that earn next to nothing.

I guess that's the positive we can take from this, Kojima won't be dragged through the mud when Konami start pissing around with mobile games and he can do what is right for him and his team.

CPU: Core i5 2500K @ 4.5GHz | MB: Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX @ 1866MHz | GPU: XFX DD R9 390 | Case: Fractal Design Define S | Storage: 500GB Samsung 850 EVO + WD Caviar Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM650x | Soundcard: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium
Click here to help feed our lasses Pokemon

Fuck Konami anyone?

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Jim Fucking Sterling, son!

;)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

strange normally people go the other way when someone dies and promote it as their last "thing" no matter how much of a role they had. 

But he didn't die, he left the company to form his own or something, I don't follow MGS news but I know that Hideo Kojima is not dead.

Spoiler

4790k @ 4.5Ghz 1.180v NZXT Kraken X31 | MSI Z97 Krait | Kingston Hyper X Fury 32GB 1866Mhz, 2 DIMMs white and 2 black | GTX 980 Ti - G1 Gaming | GTX 680 - Reference | SilverStone ST75F-P | Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Wow. What a cheap shot. 

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

The thing that's interesting here is that both are Japanese entities, and Japanese companies have almost disgusting levels of respect and calm in business. Getting angry doesn't fit their style.

So, instead of assuming foul play which doesn't match up with how Japanese companies usually do business, let's pick something far more logical - this was a mutual decision?

Maybe he wanted nothing tondo with the game anymore. Maybe he felt it as a disservice. Maybe Konami thought the game was too far removed from his original vision and so didn't feel it was right. Who knows?

I find it weird that we all just jump to his side to "defend him". Who knows what happened between the two groups, who knows what was really said and done. Take Konamis perspective - this is a man who quite frankly has a God complex (HE LITERALLY VOICED GOD IN HIS OWN GAME), he used very disturbing themes as plot devices, he routinely says "this is the last MGS game I'll make" for every single game since 2004/2005, only to hype things up. He thinks he's on par with Hollywood greats by his use of cutscenes that go on for hours. He plasters his name everywhere like he's Spielberg or Abrams or Tarantino. For every "this guy is a gift to gaming" story there's also a "this guy is a drama queen".

So, what is it? There's clearly a side we don't know and given NDAs and Non-disparagement agreements we likely never will. Just saying that Kojima isn't some innocent being and his shit might definitely stink more than Konamis.

Well, they have already removed Kojima from the in-game credits (quite some time ago actually), so it was expected.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Well, they have already removed Kojima from the in-game credits (quite some time ago actually), so it was expected.

that doesn't sound good, far form good even

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMK-kajdgMA

Is very unlikely he's not in the end game credits

But the roumors going around is that this is so kojima can keep his name, so good new studio can be "Kojima Productions" without legal trouble with Konami, since they own the rights to that name

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...