[Confirmed] Hideo Kojima will be leaving Konami after the completion of Metal Gear Solid V

Sharkyx1

UPDATE
This morning Konami & Kojima released a statement confirming the rumours but putting great detail into the fact that MGSV will still be completed by Kojima & Co, but that he will be leaving after its completion.
Konami also included in the statement that they will be movnig forward in the MGS series without its creator after his depature and they are currently looking to make a new development team for MGS for future titles.

Kojima said this about MGSV Today

I am 100% involved and will continue working on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain; I’m determined to make it the greatest game I’ve directed to date.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/03/20/konami-and-kojima-release-joint-statement

Original Write Up:

A series of curious events have occurred this afternoon, causing confusion about the state of Metal Gear Solid V and creator Hideo Kojima's relationship with Konami.

It all started from a Reddit thread, which later found its way to NeoGAF. In the posts, users noted that Kojima’s name was being removed from Metal Gear Solid 5 artwork. Furthermore, Kojima Productions – the development studio responsible for the series – also appears to have vanished out of existence, while its Los Angeles counterpart has been renamed Konami Los Angeles Studios.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/03/19/kojima-reportedly-leaves-konami-konami-responds

BspCgJl.jpg

Kojima's name was even removed from previous games in the series, the Metal Gear youtube banner and basically any other digital artwork Konami has alongside changing the name of his studio.

Speaking to IGN, a Konami representative said: "As we have already announced, we are shifting our production structure to a headquarters-controlled system, in order to establish a steadfast operating base capable of responding to the rapid market changes that surround our digital entertainment business. Konami Digital Entertainment (including Mr. Kojima), will continue to develop and support Metal Gear products. Please look forward to future announcements.”

Wonder what could be happening with all this, if it was just him being moved around or a restructuring, why go through the work of removing his name from everything and why so sudden? 

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/kojima-expected-to-leave-konami-after-mgs5-inside-/1100-6426024/

A fallout between Kojima Productions and its owning publisher, Konami, has led to senior staff at the studio being restricted access to corporate internet, emails, and phone, GameSpot understands.

Along with the restricted communications, key developers at the studio, such as Hideo Kojima, will now have limited opportunities to lend their appearance to promotions of the studio’s upcoming game, Metal Gear Solid 5: The Phantom Pain.

Power struggles between Kojima Productions and Konami have led the publisher to make drastic changes, including the employee status of its Metal Gear team. Some senior staff at the studio, including Kojima, now essentially work as contractors, not permanent employees.

The extraordinary measures were revealed by a source within the studio, speaking to GameSpot on the condition of anonymity. The person explained that, once the Phantom Pain project is finished, in all likelihood the management at the studio will disband.

"After we finish MGSV, Mr. Kojima and upper management will leave Konami. They said their contract ends in December," the source claimed.

The person added: "At a team meeting, Mr Kojima explained that team have to be one and make a good game for fans."

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

This seems a tad extreme, which means there is more to it. 

Creators leave all the time, their companies don't get manhandled into oblivion from a naming standpoint. So who did he piss off? 

Cause the alternative is that he asked them to remove his name from the games. People can be humble, no one is humble enough to have their name wiped from the face of one of gamings all time great franchises. 

That's some interesting and to be honest creepy stuff..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Probably a publicity stunt to garner more interest in the MGS series.. He's known to do this kind of stuff

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

popcorn.gif

damn there's some serious drama happening.  Is Konami really dumb enough to piss off Kojima?  There has to be more to this. Need more details.

OR this could some sick trolling by Kojima.........

Kojima went on a sneaking mission.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Kojima's last game was supposed to be ages ago. He's been working on the series for YEARS, I pretty sure he's mentioned before that this would definitely be his last game. Anyway seems extreme to take it from the artwork of the game.

@Sharkyx1 you can change the title if you go into the full editor for the post. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Kojima's last game was supposed to be ages ago. He's been working on the series for YEARS, I pretty sure he's mentioned before that this would definitely be his last game. Anyway seems extreme to take it from the artwork of the game.

@Sharkyx1 you can change the title if you go into the full editor for the post. 

Thanks friend, i fixed it

But yeah he said MGS1,2,3,4,and PW would be the last MGS game, but he's never really said he wants to stop making games, he seemed pretty Excited to be working with Del Toro on the upcoming Silent Hill reboot

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Capitalism. Ugh.

This sucks. When he said "The person added: "At a team meeting, Mr Kojima explained that team have to be one and make a good game for fans." I can tell they are battling with the publishers. Quite sad. They will be missed, and I most certainly will follow thier progress.

4790k @ 4.6 (1.25 adaptive) // 2x GTX 970 stock clocks/voltage // Dominator Platnium 4x4 16G //Maximus Formula VII // WD Black1TB + 128GB 850 PRO // RM1000 // NZXT H440 // Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 (MX Blue) // Corsair M95 + Steelseries QCK // Razer Adaro DJ // AOC I2757FH

Probably a conflict of interest. Kojima is quite literally his own brand now where Konami is being outshined by him. I don't see it as a problem as Kojima will probably be picked up very quickly by other publishers.

As an extreme MGS fan, this saddens my greatly...

JjTNACW.jpg

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

I'm thinking publicity stunt

I can't imagine this would be a positive publicity stunt, the current rumour is he was having a power battle with konami and after MGSV releases he and his crew will be leaving to make an independent studio

Konami just shot themselves in the foot.

The only other two big franchises they have are Silent Hill and Castlevania and they've been pretty rocky lately.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

This is going to be bad, I just know it.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I can't imagine this would be a positive publicity stunt, the current rumour is he was having a power battle with konami and after MGSV releases he and his crew will be leaving to make an independent studio

To be fair, how well received was the MGS2 fiasco (Bait and switch with Snake/Raiden)

Kojima does strange things, some work, some don't. Until I hear something official from Konami, aside from that statement they made about him still working on MGS5, I'd say take this with a grain of salt.

He could be either pulling his biggest troll-move ever, or.. This is a sad day/the beginning of the end for Konami. 

Konami just shot themselves in the foot.

The only other two big franchises they have are Silent Hill and Castlevania and they've been pretty rocky lately.

Jima's next project was a Silent Hill Reboot with Guilermo Del Toro too, so it sounds like that will probably be canned

An April Fool's joke, maybe.  It might build up to April 1st.

So this morning there was an official press release stating that kojima is leaving, there will be post kojima metal gears and they are already looking for people to replace him and his team

On mobile, I'll add it to the op later

So will Kojima be leaving Kojima Productions or will Kojima take his productions? Either way today is a sad day.

That, is really strange.. no idea whats happening

As an extreme MGS fan, this saddens my greatly...

nice collection

also MGS FTW <3

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

So this morning there was an official press release stating that kojima is leaving, there will be post kojima metal gears and they are already looking for people to replace him and his team

On mobile, I'll add it to the op later

First we lose David Hayter, now we lose Kojima.

So much for the franchise.

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

So will Kojima be leaving Kojima Productions or will Kojima take his productions? Either way today is a sad day.

It sounds like he's bringing some of his staff with him and whoever isn't going will be put in a different studio, and they changed the studio for the online portion from kojima la to Konami la

If it were me and I was removed as a project decision maker before I could finish, I would want my named removed as well. Anyone with any sense of pride in what they do would want the same.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

If it were me and I was removed as a project decision maker before I could finish, I would want my named removed as well. Anyone with any sense of pride in what they do would want the same.

No, they are telling him to finish the one that comes out in september, but they are removing his name from everything

Including previously released material like the Legacy collection which is all the games leading up to V (1,2,3,PW,4 and the msx ones)

which were his lifes work.