Anyone else feel bad for AMD? I do.

Jonathan W

I was just looking at some benchmarks and even though the Nvidia GTX Titan X [gotta work on the length of that naming] is the hot button topic right now, the card that everyone loves and is talking about, it still seems to get shot out of the water by AMDs R9 295x by ~20-30% but nobody is going to buy the R9 295X because the Titan X is the hot topic right now

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

Inb4 "390x will beat the Titan X"

I was just looking at some benchmarks and even though the Nvidia GTX Titan X [gotta work on the length of that naming] is the hot button topic right now, the card that everyone loves and is talking about, it still seems to get shot out of the water by AMDs R9 295x by ~20-30% but nobody is going to buy the R9 295X because the Titan X is the hot topic right now

I honestly can't feel bad for them over the GPU's, considering how well they've survived a couple of Nvidia generations. On the CPU side of things though.....

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

all depens on marketing and delivering more than hype

You may be saying the opposite when the 390x comes out, i want to see the AMD line-up

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Because the 295x2 is two fucking GPUs. And the titan x is not mean to compete price/.performance, and neither was the 295x2, which launched at 1500$ Plus everyone forgets how fucking bad crossfire is. It's bad, I've hated every xfire setup I've ever had. It's not just eh AMD drivers, it's games not supporting it out of the box I'm tired of hearing this shit. The 295x2 smashed the titan z at half the price not the titan x. 

Make correct comparisons people. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

it still seems to get shot out of the water by AMDs R9 295x by ~20-30% 

Can people please stop comparing the two; one is a dual gpu card and one is a single gpu card.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

I feel bad for the die-hard Nvidia fans.

Being milked every year must hurt

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

I honestly can't feel bad for them over the GPU's, 

But the R9 295x uses 2 GPU's, Not one

i7 920 @ 3.5 GHz / Gigabyte X58-USB3 / Corsair H100i / 12gb Kingston Hyper X Blu / EVGA GTX 970 SSC ACX 2.0+ / 120gb SanDisk Extreme II / 650w PowerCool / Phanteks Enthoo Pro / TTe Sports Challenger Ultimate / TTe Sports Black Element / Corsair Raptor HS40

I think they are waiting way too long to show us their new line up, atleast something like NVIDIA did with the TITAN, @AMD go to GTC and present the r9 390x ^^

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

This thread is as pointless as tits on a bull providing milk for the rich.

Threads will also no doubt be made when the 390X launches with YOUR SAME Original post.

"Anyone else feel bad for Nvidia" over the 390X

OP said it him/herself - It's a HOT Topic right now...

Like the 390X will be when released...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

high end GPU sales chart is kinda.... well...

AMD/ATI card is better on low-mid range price

specially when you compare it for price performance to games currently popular

and my opinion their GPU division contributes more than CPU division.

But the R9 295x uses 2 GPU's, Not one

GTX 970 getting matched at 2K, and beaten at 4K by an older R9 290X..... I don't even want anything to do with dual GPU cards.

PMSL

GTX 970 getting matched at 2K, and beaten at 4K by an older R9 290X..... I don't even want anything to do with dual GPU cards.

This is what i'm talking about. Much more reasonable. With the titan x and the 295x2, it's the wrong comparison. If the 390x comes out and at least beats the 980 for the same price or even the titan x than AMD will have won. Like they did with the 295x2. I mean holy crap the titan z was pathetic. 

That said the 290x cost more than the 970 on the 970's launch. But it is a generation behind, and that's a bit sad they are so close if the 3xx series does well. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

This is what i'm talking about. Much more reasonable. With the titan x and the 295x2, it's the wrong comparison. If the 390x comes out and at least beats the 980 for the same price or even the titan x than AMD will have won. Like the did with the 295x2. I mean holy crap the titan z was pathetic. 

That said the 290x cost more than the 970 on the 970's launch. But it is a generation behind, and that's a bit sad they are so close if the 3xx series does well. 

The Titan X is pathetic as well when you look at its double precision.

PMSL

Its silly to compare a single GPU to a dual GPU card even if its made to look like single card. Im honestly sick of hearing about them, if people want to mouth off about 295x2 benchmarks then compare them to an SLI configuration.

Its silly to compare a single GPU to a dual GPU card even if its made to look like single card. Im honestly sick of hearing about them, if people want to mouth off about 295x2 benchmarks then compare them to an SLI configuration.

they do it purely on price, forgetting that the 295x2 cost nearly 4-500$ more than 2 290xs. It's not meant to be ac heap card, neither is the titan x. While the 295x2 was a success for a dual gpu card,  it's that. A dual gpu card. 

muh specs 

All parts black

they do it purely on price, forgetting that the 295x2 cost nearly 4-500$ more than 2 290xs. It's not meant to be ac heap card, neither is the titan x. While the 295x2 was a success for a dual gpu card,  it's that. A dual gpu card. 

Fact: I'd rather buy 4x R9 290X 8GB instead of 2x "8 GB" dual GPU cards.

PMSL

Fact: I'd rather buy 4x R9 290X 8GB instead of 2x "8 GB" dual GPU cards.

Actually, I really like the 295X2's looks, and given the opportunity price wise in comparison to 4 290x 4GB, I'd go for it. That's me though. I do hate the fact they are advertised like that though. If I had the money to do 4 8GB 290xs I would totally do that though. That Vram. 

muh specs 

All parts black

Actually, I really like the 295X2's looks, and given the opportunity price wise in comparison to 4 290x 4GB, I'd go for it. That's me though. I do hate the fact they are advertised like that though. If I had the money to do 4 8GB 290xs I would totally do that though. That Vram. 

Yep, 2x R9 295 X2 will not do aswell at 4K compared to 4x R9 290X 8GB

PMSL

Nvidia is just superior 

This ^

Ryzen 7 3700x | Gigabyte X570 Aorus Pro WiFi | TForce Delta 32GB DDR4 | WINDOWS 10 64 BIT | WD Black 1TB NVME | Intel 1TB NVME | WD Black 4tb HDD | Nvidia 3080 FE | Seasonic 850w Platinum | Fractal Design Meshify C Tempered | BeQuiet DarkRock Slim |

to everyone saying well the R9 295x is a dual GPU card:

Well yeah no shit but people are spending nearly a grand on multiple 980s to get close to the performance of the Titan X or the 295x. I'm just saying i feel bad for them because AMD is losing all of their battles right now. Losing in the CPU maket and in the GFX card market, even though they have out really awesome pieces of tech. I mean I have an Nvidia card because people told me the 290x just wasnt enough and the 295x2 was way to much

Project Hephaestus

Intel Core i5 6600K @ 4.2GHz~ASUS Maximus 9 Hero~32GB DDR4 @ 3200MHz~ZOTAC GTX 980 AMP Ed.

This ^

if AMD was only putting out shite cards id agree but in reality they have some pretty strong cads out, i mean look at how amazing the PS4 looks and thats an AMD card lol

Project Hephaestus

Yep, 2x R9 295 X2 will not do aswell at 4K compared to 4x R9 290X 8GB

Unfortunately I'm thinking my next build I will be sticking with a single GPU nvidia card and a weaker quadro alongside it for 10 bit color.

muh specs 

All parts black