R9 295x2 is more powerful then a titian x, updated

Is this really news?

Dual GPU cards can outrun single GPU cards. I am shocked I tell you. Shocked! /s

But seriously, if you are even considering price/performance the Titan cards have never been for you. I don't understand why people seem to think that the highest end cards should offer the same price/performance as the lower end cards, that's not how it works.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

It is important. Who cares if it's 2 gpus on a single card ? It is more powerful and cheaper. I see no downsides to that. Why would anyone buy a Titan X is beyond me. Quad SLI ? Maybe a Quadro / FirePro is better suited for you. Gaming ? Well... 980s/290x/295x2 are all great cards, where 295x2 is the most powerful priced at a good sweet spot. 

Because Crossfire has tons of issues from scaling to bugs to no support at all.

You should always go with a single strong card over a dual card.

I personally wouldn't recommend SLI/Crossfire at all.

RTX2070OC 

Considering this is a dual GPU vs a single GPU, and most games don't benefit from the massive amount of VRAM of the Titan X the 295x2 should be winning by a lot more. 

Here is a list of common fallacies. Which ones have you used today?

Is this really news?

Dual GPU cards can outrun single GPU cards. I am shocked I tell you. Shocked! /s

But seriously, if you are even considering price/performance the Titan cards have never been for you. I don't understand why people seem to think that the highest end cards should offer the same price/performance as the lower end cards, that's not how it works.

Because gamers have some seriously screwed up priorities and expectations. 

Newsflash: Expensive stuff is sometimes just expensive for the sake of being expensive. There isn't a rhyme or reason. Not everything follow the "price to performance" standard that isn't even a standard. If you base everything you buy solely off "price to performance", you deserve to get neither a good price or good performance. 

The Titan X is the "Yea, I'm kinda rich" card. Its not for 16 year olds living off their parents allowances. Its for people who can blow a grand on a GPU like I can blow 2 dollars on coffee. Nvidia is making a statement. The statement is "if you can afford it, you won't cry. If you can't afford it, we don't give a shit". 

Yet every single time a expensive piece of tech shows up, people start crying that it doesn't cost $3.50 and can cure cancer and spawn infinite twinkles and al other shit. 

A single GPU card losing to a dual GPU card? 

WHAT? WHAT WITCHCRAFT IS THIS!? 

Given that no game on the planet can fill up the 12GB VRAM of the Titan X, the 295x2 should actually be doing BETTER than the Titan X, as its not exactly some chump dual GPU configuration thats using weak GPUs. Its two flagship, fully unlocked GPUs. 

The Titan X is losing to a dual GPU card. But thats the issue with SLI/Xfire scaling. You win some, you lose some. And the 295x2s scaling is almost being beaten by Nvidias single GPU flagship. 

What the hell is wrong with gamers? Your expectations are so bloody broken and often stupid. 

so a dual gpu outperforms it a bit? just makes the Xs performance scale seem crazier

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Wow its obvious a Dual GPU card will beat a single card try putting 2 titan x together then show the results bet it will destroy the 295x2 then

My PC specs are CPU: 6700k @4.7Ghz Ram: 16GB Corsair RGB Pro GPU: RTX 2070  PSU: RM650 CPU cooler: corsair H150 Case: corsair Motherboard: ASUS Z270 Pro SSD: 1tb Samsung 970 EVOand SK Hynix 1TB

Well...It's not going too bad. The only configurations that beat it are Dual GPU/SLI. 

And it is significantly better than any Single GPU card it is put up against.

Yes we know a duo GPU card beats a single GPU card... I think the point OP's are trying to get across is with price/performance you will be better off with a 295x2.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Yes we know a duo GPU card beats a single GPU card... I think the point OP's are trying to get across is with price/performance you will be better off with a 295x2.

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

I find especially BF:4 Titan X benchmark to be false, Jay avaraged ~70 fps without MSAA @ 4k maxed out, and with 4x MSAA ~ 40 fps. Maybe an AMD fanboy benchmarked those cards?

A single GPU card losing to a dual GPU card? 

WHAT? WHAT WITCHCRAFT IS THIS!? 

Given that no game on the planet can fill up the 12GB VRAM of the Titan X, the 295x2 should actually be doing BETTER than the Titan X, as its not exactly some chump dual GPU configuration thats using weak GPUs. Its two flagship, fully unlocked GPUs. 

The Titan X is losing to a dual GPU card. But thats the issue with SLI/Xfire scaling. You win some, you lose some. And the 295x2s scaling is almost being beaten by Nvidias single GPU flagship. 

What the hell is wrong with gamers? Your expectations are so bloody broken and often stupid. 

Well to be fair... At $300 more than the 295x2, you'd expect better. 

Also, that last sentence just makes you sound like a cunt. 

I should probably have rephrased the first sentence. I see both sides of the argument, i was just trying to play devils advocate.

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

It's like reviewing single core cpu against dual core. Wow, much logic, best results

EVGA SR-2 / 2x Intel Xeon X5675 4.4Ghz OC / 24GB EEC 1800Mhz OC/ AMD RX570 / Enermax Evoliution 1050W / Main RAID 0: 2x256GB 840EVO SSD / BackUp(1) Raid 5: 3x2TB WD HDD / BackUp(2) 8x2TB / Dell U2412M / Dell U2312HM

2 970's beat it?

CPU: i9 19300k////GPU: RTX 4090////RAM: 64gb DDR5 5600mhz ////MOBO: Aorus z790 Elite////MONITORS: 3 LG 38" 3840x1600 WIDESCREEN MONITORS

Exactly.

It's literally the fastest GPU on the market, how would you expect more? It's without a doubt a significant jump over any other single GPU solution on the market! The last sentence may have made him sound like a cunt but it's true.

By the logic of everyone on this thread, whenever a CPU is bench-marked all but one core should be turned off so it's fair. 

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k @ 4.7 1.3v  with a Corsair H80 w/Dual SP120s - Motherboard: MSI Z97 gaming 5 - RAM: 4x4 G.Skill Ripjaws X @ 1600 - GPU: Dual PowerColour R9 290- SSD: Samsung NVME SM951 256GB-- PSU: Corsair RM 1000  - Case: NZXT H440 Black/red - Keyboard: Coolermaster CM storm Quickfire TK, Cherry MX blues - Mouse: Logitech G502 - Heaphones: Beyerdynamic DT 770 - Monitors: 3x VE248H Eyefinity 1080P -  Phone: iPhone 6S Plus               Please post your specifications in your post, signature or even better, system page on your profile!

I like how 970 SLI in many cases is better, glad I kept mine :D titan x is overhyped

So don't buy it. It's a free market, nvidia can put any price on their product as they please ;)

By the logic of everyone on this thread, whenever a CPU is bench-marked all but one core should be turned off so it's fair. 

No, that's a strawman.

The way I look at it is a 2 year old dual gpu still beats a brand new flagship gpu, and for $300 less. That's still something to mention.

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro