R9 295x2 is more powerful then a titian x, updated

This is news???

<p> AMD Ryzen 7 5800x l ASUS TUF X570-PLUS l G.Skill Trident Z Neo Series RGB 32GB l Sapphire Pulse RX 7900 XTX

It's literally the fastest GPU on the market, how would you expect more? It's without a doubt a significant jump over any other single GPU solution on the market! The last sentence may have made him sound like a cunt but it's true.

You can be right without being demeaning and just plain rude.

I don't expect more because i know the people buying multiple of them aren't (in most cases) gamers, even though the card is branded that way.

HOWEVER i do see why other people would see it that way. 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

So don't buy it. It's a free market, nvidia can put any price on their product as they please ;)

That has absolutely nothing to do with what i said... 

"My opinion is that your opinion is wrong." - AlwaysFSX    CPU I5 4690k MB MSI Gaming 5 RAM 2 x 4GB HyperX Blu DDR3 GPU Asus GTX970 Strix,  Case Corsair 760T Storage 1 x 120GB 840EVO 1 x 1TB WD Blue, 1 x 500GB Toshiba  

The cave/beast v2 (OLD) http://imgur.com/a/8AmeH                                  PSU 600W Raidmax RX600AF Displays ASUS VS278Q-P x2, BenQ Xl2720z Cooling Dark Rock 3, 4 AP120s Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Razer Deathadder 

Its more expensive because its the fastest single GPU on the market, SLI a titan and it will just destroy the r9 295x2, also no one is buying the titan because its cost efficient, its because they A, have a lot of money and want Sw4g or B they specificly need the titan x for what so ever

CPU: Xeon 1230v3 - GPU: GTX 770  - SSD: 120GB 840 Evo - HDD: WD Blue 1TB - RAM: Ballistix 8GB - Case: CM N400 - PSU: CX 600M - Cooling: Cooler Master 212 Evo

Update Plans: Mini ITX this bitch

That has absolutely nothing to do with what i said... 

Yes, it does.

Well to be fair... At $300 more than the 295x2, you'd expect better. 

That is your expectation. Meaning you don't find the Titan X good value. That does not mean the Titan X isn't worth the money to someone else or has different expectations. If the price is too high, the market will decide.

By the logic of everyone on this thread, whenever a CPU is bench-marked all but one core should be turned off so it's fair. 

There are several limiting factors when it comes to GPU's that makes separating single core and multi core solutions relevant. Power draw, heat output, VRAM (ie. the 295X2 will never have more than 4GB of usable VRAM), the amount of cards you will eventually be able to run etc. The two may be comparable in a single card bang for the buck use, but no one cares about that. The 295X2 is horribly impractical with it's 500W TDP and huge size + cooler. You build a system around a 295X2, a Titan X will fit in every system you could possibly imagine.

Yes, it does.

That is your expectation. Meaning you don't find the Titan X good value. That does not mean the Titan X isn't worth the money to someone else or has different expectations. If the price is too high, the market will decide.

you'd does not mean I expect better. It means It's what i'd expect the average gamer, WHICH THIS CARD IS BRANDED TOWARDS to expect. 

I was playing devils advocate. I see both sides on this one. 

you'd does not mean I expect better. It means It's what i'd expect the average gamer, WHICH THIS CARD IS BRANDED TOWARDS to expect. 

I was playing devils advocate. I see both sides on this one. 

The card isn't branded towards the average gamer though, it's branded towards the top enthusiast builders, the ones that are happy to pay any price for having the best of the best.

A single GPU card losing to a dual GPU card? 

WHAT? WHAT WITCHCRAFT IS THIS!? 

Given that no game on the planet can fill up the 12GB VRAM of the Titan X, the 295x2 should actually be doing BETTER than the Titan X, as its not exactly some chump dual GPU configuration thats using weak GPUs. Its two flagship, fully unlocked GPUs. 

The Titan X is losing to a dual GPU card. But thats the issue with SLI/Xfire scaling. You win some, you lose some. And the 295x2s scaling is almost being beaten by Nvidias single GPU flagship. 

What the hell is wrong with gamers? Your expectations are so bloody broken and often stupid. 

The only argument I can see when comparing them is the price of $999 vs $700, though you do have to factor in dual-gpu issues for the most part the $700 card outperforms the more expensive $999 card. And I suppose you could argue that nvidias form of "THE BEST" has been a strong single gpu while AMDs been more value oriented overall with there form of "THE BEST" being dual GPU/same PCB Setup so you could just say you're comparing flagship to flagship.

EDIT: I also get it, comparing it to AMDs strongest single gpu makes even less sense with the 290x coming in at less than a third of the price. In that sense if you're too look at Price to performance the 290x blows the the Titan X out of the water. That said in raw performance the 290x gets murdered so hard all its poor R9 xxx family dies as an after effect, and if you thought any card with the Titan brand on it was going to be even close to competitive in the price to performance area you're taking some mad drugs. Basically we have nothing decent to compare it against, the R9 295x2 though much more powerful is also two cards not one and the 290x though price to perf is ballin stands no chance vs a flagship Titan a generation newer..

That said I also agree, acting surprised by this is absurd, nobody should have expected the Titan x to beat what is essentially a dual 290x setup.

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

Well to be fair... At $300 more than the 295x2, you'd expect better. 

Also, that last sentence just makes you sound like a cunt. 

No it is the fastest single gpu card. Do you really think a card for just gaming needs 12gb of vram? Hell no, this is a card that blends Geforce and Quadro cards.

No it is the fastest single gpu card. Do you really think a card for just gaming needs 12gb of vram? Hell no, this is a card that blends Geforce and Quadro cards.

How about you read more of the comments before asking questions that have already been answered?

Lol, tell that to its complete lack of double precision. The argument that this is for "da pros" is basically dead at this point. 

CPU: Intel i5 4690k W/Noctua nh-d15 GPU: Gigabyte G1 980 TI MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 RAM: 16Gig Corsair Vengance Boot-Drive: 500gb Samsung Evo Storage: 2x 500g WD Blue, 1x 2tb WD Black 1x4tb WD Red

"Whatever AMD is losing in suddenly becomes the most important thing ever." - Glenwing, 1/13/2015

A dual GPU card beats a single GPU card. In other news, grass is green.

How about you read more of the comments before asking questions that have already been answered?

How about I pulled the page up just after he commented and I clicked off to do something else and came back? 

How about I pulled the page up just after he commented and I clicked off to do something else and came back? 

How about riiiiiiiiiiiiight... 

Jesus, you're comparing a single GPU and a dual GPU card. No shit.

No we're actually comparing 999.99 vs 699.99 and 699.99 is beating its ass 

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

i tell you hwhat

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

So everybody always says "LOOK AT THE POWER DRAW OMG WTF BBQ" So when doing the actual cost calculations, running the R295X2 compared to the Titan X, it would cost me 15 euros more per year to run the R295X2. Add to that that the Titan X is 300 € more up front, it would take me 20 YEARS to break even.

To me, the Titan X does not make sense from a consumer perspective over an R295X2.

I reckon that this thread was created to raise awareness that the Titan X does not really deserve so much fanfare. The R295X2 was not even mentioned ONCE in the Linus review, so SHAME ON THEM. I'm getting the sense that Nvidia is forming a (blind) apple like following, which isn't good.

PRICE / PERFORMANCE .

That's no moon, that's a death ball !
K'Nex Server -- R9 290 Alpenföhn Peter Review -- Philips BDM4065UC Review
CPU Intel i5-4760K @ 4.3Ghz MEM 4x 4GB Cucial Ballistix 1600 LP MOBO Asus Maximus VI Gene GPU 980Ti G1 @ 1.47Ghz SSD 3x Samsung 840 EVO 240GB Raid0 CASE Silverstone SG10 DISPLAY Philips BDM4065UC 40" UHD

And in 4 months again they will release a ti version of the 980 which is cheaper and faster just to piss off everyone who paid too much money for the titan x like they did with the original titan.

The r295x2 represents much more value for money. Yes its got 2 dies on it but its still cheaper packing the same punch and fills a single slot in the system.

Im wondering if board partners will be able to use their own coolers this time?

So everybody always says "LOOK AT THE POWER DRAW OMG WTF BBQ" So when doing the actual cost calculations, running the R295X2 compared to the Titan X, it would cost me 15 euros more per year to run the R295X2. Add to that that the Titan X is 300 € more up front, it would take me 20 YEARS to break even.

To me, the Titan X does not make sense from a consumer perspective over an R295X2.

I reckon that this thread was created to raise awareness that the Titan X does not really deserve so much fanfare. The R295X2 was not even mentioned ONCE in the Linus review, so SHAME ON THEM. I'm getting the sense that Nvidia is forming a (blind) apple like following, which isn't good.

PRICE / PERFORMANCE .

Not everyone cares about price/performance. If you're building a PC with essentially no price cap, 4 Titan X cards will run circles around 2 295x2 cards. Crying about how it's expensive to YOU doesn't mean it doesn't have a place in the market. If this was the case, companies that make expensive luxury cars (Rolls Royce, Koenigsegg, etc.) wouldn't be in business.

PRICE / PERFORMANCE .

When people bring up power draw, they aren't talking about how much more on their power bill. We're not poor idiots who penny pinch to save a pound. 

We are talking about the ramifications in smaller builds. ITX and mATX especially. A GPU that draws more power need a bigger PSU, that can hamper air flow in case sizes that are already compromised. A GPU will also kick out more heat into the case, which increases overall system temps and might make your fans work harder, making more noise. 

OR you can have a GPU that draws less power, uses a more efficient cooler for a case like that, requires a smaller PSU and thus can let you get away with having a smaller case that needs less active cooling overall. 

Its not about savings on the power bill. Its about not wanting a compromised mini build. Thats why I'll have the single GPU solution from Nvidia (or even the 390X, depending on its power draw and heat output). 

If you can't comprehend that, what more do I have to say? 

Not everything is about price to performance either. But whatever helps the circle jerk continue I guess. 

The 295X2 is a fantastic card at an amazing price right now.

But I dont think its really right to be comparing the price of a mature dual GPU card to a freshly launched single GPU card. 

If all you care about is performance, the 295X2 is a better buy right now.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

How is this tech news?

How is this tech news?

It's not, but the AMD fanbois want to throw around some benchmarks.

CPU: i9-13900k MOBO: Asus Strix Z790-E RAM: 64GB GSkill  CPU Cooler: Corsair H170i

GPU: Asus Strix RTX-4090 Case: Fractal Torrent PSU: Corsair HX-1000i Storage: 2TB Samsung 990 Pro

God damn so many sheep in this forum.

My PC: i7 3770k @ 4.4 Ghz || Hyper 212 Evo || Intel Extreme Motherboard DZ77GA || EVGA Hybrid 980ti || Corsair Vengeance Blue 16GB || Samsung 840 Evo 120 GB || WD Black 1TB

Peripherals: Corsair K70 RGB || Sentey Pro Revolution Gaming Mouse || Beyerdynamic DT 990 Premium 250 Ohm Headphone || Benq XL2420Z Monitor