Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

I bought a i5-2500 instead of a i5-2500K.... sigh
Same......

"Mentally Unstable Like a Fox!"

My brother wanted me to buy him a Computer (Give me the money and I buy the parts) I was looking around for the parts and decided to cheap out and get him a AMD FX 4170 4-Core Processor and pocketed the difference ($50... I needed the money OK!). Biggest mistake ever, we shared a room at the time and GOD that CPU fan was loud, Soo annoying. That's the last time I rip off anyone I live with lol ;P

PS. He still uses that CPU to this day, I can never stand to be around his PC for more then a minute.

"Mentally Unstable Like a Fox!"

Buying a new PC but noticed I only had 2 sata cables when I needed an extra for my optical drive. To install windows I had to keep detaching and re-ataching the sata cable and if I want to use the optical drive bay.

Good Morning...

Getting high profile ram....I have to bend it quite a bit so that my cooler's fan can fit.

And I have accidentally kicked my case a couple time.

lol accidentally kicked your case

I bought a non modular 750 PSU and the cables in the bottom of my case (with windown x_X) Look so damn ugly :'( !!
i have done that before

I bought a 3gb gtx 580 phantom by Gainward.

The cooler was crap.

it had too much vram.

the 7970 launched a month and a half later and halved it's value. I bought it for £440 new and sol it for £160 after shipping sixth months later.

when i was young i change that red switch on the psu that on that changes the volts, well i turn it on and it blow up and heaps of smoke came out on it :)

Buying Palit GTX 460s. They're literally just as loud as a jet engine.
Yes, yes they are.

4930k @ 4.0 GHz - Rampage IV Black - 16GB Dominator Platnium 1600 Cas 8 - 2x 780TI Classified SLI - 640 GT - Xonar Pheobus - 2x 128GB 840 Pro RAID 0 - 250GB 840 EVO - Live Gamer HD - AX1200i - COSMOS II - H100i - 4x SP120 - 4x AF120 - AF140 - 3x U3014 - Blackwidow Ultimate - Naga - Mouse Bungee - Manticor - 2x Sabertooth - Atrox - T500RS - TH8RS - Tiamat 7.1 - SP2500 - c920 - Smart-UPS SMT1500

12 years of DSL internet @ 3 megabit/s download and 500 kilobit/s upload

Now cable, 60 megabit/s download 15 megabit/s upload :D

Proud to be from Belgium.

Getting a Full Tower Case without proper backplateing cable mangement |:.

Still a wonderful Case but i wouldve liked to make it look neat inside. Pic of it

11-103-011_1.jpg

that and getting a Cheapo PSU. 700w (but has it 2 12v rails at 23a). next time im getting a corsair. lol

i5-3570k @ 4.5ghz at 1.2v (5ghz @ 1.4v max stable) , Radeon HD 7850 @ 1200/1450 Clocks http://www.techpowerup.com/gpuz/kasmr/, AsRock Z75 Pro3 Mobo, 8gb of 1333mhz ram @ 1600-8-9-8-16.

My worst is the Phoenix lap board.

what a piece of crap that was,

The only thing fair in life is between first and third.

Buying the Z11 plus case from Zalman, the looks of the thing were pretty nice for what it costed me, but the longer I have one, the more it is starting to look to me like an ugly Transformer
Got to give you that one, the airflow in the case is really good! I just think the looks of the case are more appealing to you then they are to me. Which is good, otherwise if anyone liked the same case we would all have the same case ;)

|| CPU: Core i7 3770k @ 4.6gHz || RAM: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB 1600mHz || GPU: nVidia GTX 670 ||

You most have a bad one I have had mine for 6 months and can never hear it got it for 20$ from a friend

I bought an Blu-ray player. It never gets used, I had it in my C70 for about 10 minutes. Now it sit in it's box
Sell it to someone

Windows ME nuff said.

CPU- I7 7700K @ 4.4Ghz, RAM- 32 Gig Hyper X @ 2800 mhz , GPU - GTX 1080ti Strix 11gb , MOBO- Asrock Fatality Z270 , SSD :Kingston Hyper X SSD Fury and Samsung 500gig

Was using a laptop HP dv9000 was a good laptop but one day I was in a bad mood and I think a driver stopped working while I was using it so it closed everything I was doing and I got mad and punched the screen that 17" screen was done went without a computer for a while laptop is still broken

I plugged a 4 pin floppy connector into a CD aux connector on a sound card when I was quite young. The blue smoke that made the sound card work escaped.
That made me cringe just thinking about it....

Old shit no one cares about but me.

I'm actually quite satisfied with my build, it's not a monster or anything, but I don't really have a bottleneck. My original motherboard was a horrible pos, shorted out my only 2 fans at the time and it just started acting wonky. My new(ish) asrock extrem3 is running reliably now though, so everything is fine. I guess I could have spent like 30 more dollars and gotten a better case aswell, but I had a budget, so some things couldn't be helped.

• 2 weeks later...
I plugged in a hard drive while the computer was on. The hard drive didn't like me that much after that...

A different time I was petting my cat and she brushed up against my computer. I heard a ZAP and my computer shut off. Thankfully my computer was fine.

+1 on your priorities computer first, cat second XD

Bought a liquid cooling system - pump died. Bought a sealed unit. Got bored one day and tried to convert the pump from the sealed unit to work with the legit system. Result: Two completely useless expensive pieces of junk.

Have a friend with the Antec Air case, he accidentically spilled apple juice on it, which covered the motherboard. Stills works though! High quality motherboard :D

I bought three WD Caviar Blacks from a local computer store in town. Somehow two of the three drives were dead, and when i took it back to the store the same day they wouldn't give me a refund or replacement drives.
that's horrific

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

palit Palit GTX 580 with two broken fins on one fan reporting in. My GPU is ungodly loud...

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.