Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

My iPhone 5S. It dies when it's on 17% battery, crashes and has to restart every other day, and the glass on the front of the phone is popping out. Ever since iOS 7 was released, the keyboard changed and now the spacebar is in an absurd place and I always hit the "." instead.

Can't wait until next year when my contract is up so I can get rid of this junk. Hopefully the Note 5 is out when I can upgrade.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

The Hard Drive Eater. In other words, my current system :rolleyes:. Went through 5 HDDs in 6 years (various Seagates and WDs)... Current one has been working for a while now. Should have bought and SSD when I had the chance.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Fiddling with the Bios and frying my HDD... Oops.

Thankfully WD replaced it. They said the drive was damaged anyway. Good excuse for an SSD upgrade? I think Yes.  

When I plugged my pc into my router using an Ethernet port due to getting bad signals with wifi (turns out the router was faulty).

The same day, lightning struck a transformer outside and surged up through the phone line frying the entire PC.

| CPU: Intel i7 4790K @4.4Ghz  | GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming  | CPU COOLING: FRACTAL DESIGN S36 | MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximus Vii HERO | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600MHz  | CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Pro Full Tower | PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 G2 850W Fully Modular | HDD: 2TB Seagate Barracuda | SSD: 256GB Crucial MX100 | DISPLAY: Dell U2414H | HEADSET: Corsair H2100 Dolby 7.1 Surround |

Using RAM way too high of a voltage for the mobo, effectively frying the RAM slots and rendering the mobo useless. Luckily it was just some old computer that was going to be disposed of anyways.

Games for windows live is one of the only pieces of software that I've used that has consistently just not worked at all. Even problems like being told that i don't own the game, when it's in my steam library!

Apple Products (They are locked down to such an extent in my country that the app store is basically not available), SELFIES, My computer that struggles to play Minecraft. (HD 5450 to blame) Bloatware, Crapware, Adware. Wireless Peripherals, Skype, Touchwiz, My ISP (Telkom), Micro USB, Hard Drives, Windows 8 putting the "Homegroup" icon on my desktop. My current membrane keyboard - if I hold down the "A" key and let go, it will keep on inserting the letter "A" for a few seconds, and the stop. GFWL, Origin, UPlay (More like ULag) and IE.

Workstation:

Intel Core i7 6700K | AMD Radeon R9 390X | 16 GB RAM

Mobile Workstation:

MacBook Pro 15" (2017) | Intel Core i7 7820HQ | AMD Radeon Pro 560 | 16 GB RAM

Steam hands down steam is the worst, I try to play CS:GO offline it says trying to connect to server and stays like that for at least 30 seconds, trying to play offline some guys wont, trying to family share with my brother he cant play with me ????? I just love GOG.com GOG.com is love GOG.com is life.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

When my friend scared me, while I was holding a metal beam over an Electromagnet 

Because he had a hard drive.

When my friend scared me, while I was holding a metal beam over an Electromagnet 

What happened did you shock yourself or what ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

my server because I don't understand anything about it ><

It's okay call dell support /jk  :P .

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

It's okay call dell support /jk  :P .

I have done before :P

im sure they cant help with my server since I built it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

my most embarresing moment was when i was building an pc and i dropped my 1000$ xeon and it broke

When my phone slipped up my ass when I sat down.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Not plugging in any power cables at all after assembling my WC loop, then wondering why my PC wouldn't turn on.

connected molex power cable upside down on an old HDD fried the PCB. :/

Details separate people.

Not plugging in any power cables at all after assembling my WC loop, then wondering why my PC wouldn't turn on.

i have done the same thing

When i built my Loop the wrong way round so the pump was on the wrong way... what a mess to drain it :P

ohh also forgot to put both side of a quick release on so it was just a block in the tubing

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

When i built my Loop the wrong way round so the pump was on the wrong way... what a mess to drain it :P

ohh also forgot to put both side of a quick release on so it was just a block in the tubing

damn that must have been a pain in the butt