Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

this thing.

post-142539-0-62540500-1416524032_thumb.

now i have an one m8. so much better

Brony for LIFE!!!

/)^3^(\ RD FTW
Daily carry: HTC one M8, pebbe steel PBD, nexus 7 2013

I regret getting a Brand New XEON PHI 5110P for a build for someone that never was completed as they ran out of funding after a few parts were purchased which they wanted. I got stuck with a 2K card that is useless to me that I paid for. Still sitting in its original box still. I have no use for it. Right now on Newegg it is 2202. For now on I get payment in full for parts before building. This really pisses me off seeing the box. 

I regret getting a Brand New XEON PHI 5110P for a build for someone that never was completed as they ran out of funding after a few parts were purchased which they wanted. I got stuck with a 2K card that is useless to me that I paid for. Still sitting in its original box still. I have no use for it. Right now on Newegg it is 2202. For now on I get payment in full for parts before building. This really pisses me off seeing the box. 

Do people actually use these? What for?

I cannot be held responsible for any bad advice given.

I've no idea why the world is afraid of 3D-printed guns when clearly 3D-printed crossbows would be more practical for now.

My rig: The StealthRay. Plans for a newer, better version of its mufflers are already being made.

Corsair CX600. It isn't a bad power supply but I should have sprung for the modular.

Halfbreed

Surface pro 3.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

My old laptop was a piece of shit, literally. There were so many broken things:

• NONE of it's three USB ports worked. I'm not even kidding.
  • Battery was broken.
  • Wifi-card was broken.
  • When doing anything audio-related the right channel would be louder.
  • The audio sometimes just died. Or started sounding really bad, with crackling noises. Had to restart it.
  • The screen was sooo loose.
  • When using it's VGA port I would get weird lines on my external desktop screen.
  • You couldn't move the PC at all when it was powered on, other wise it would loose power. There was something wrong with port or something, you just couldn't touch it.
  • Guitar Pro 6 is a program I used on it. I wanted to reset the settings because a bug had occured. The program was messed up big time, did all crazy kinds of things. Re-installed it, remained the same.
  • It was so slow that even having YouTube open in one tab and browsing another site it would lag and be slow.

YouTube comments, Games for Windows Live, uPlay, non-techies, and the Magic Mouse.

Gaming rig:

i5-4670k, H100i, MSI Z97 SLI, Vengeance DDR3-1600 2*4GB, 840 EVO 250GB, Barracuda 1TB, GTX 780 Ti, 450D, CX750, VG248QE

Workstation:

Xeon E3-1231 v3, NH-U14S, Asus Z97-PRO, Ballistix Sport DDR3-1600 2*8GB, 840 EVO 250GB, 2*WD Red 2TB (RAID 0), GTX 780 Ti, Define R4, AX760, VS229H-P

iOS 7, GFWL, ISP Routers, Microsoft Office 2007 and later UI.

lets see, uplay, parents+printers, OSX 10.7.5 and web browsers, parents + computers, our ISP

- i7-2600k @ 4.7GHz - MSI 1070 8GB Gaming X - ASUS Maximus V Formula AC3 Edition - 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws @ 1600Mhz - Corsair RM1000 - 1TB 7200RPM Seagate HDD + 2TB 7200 HDD + 2x240GB M500 RAID 0 - Corsair 750D - Samsung PX2370 & ASUS ROG SWIFT -

• 2 weeks later...

DOA on PC components. And my crappy 2mbps internet connection at home

My Rig:

CPU: Intel i5 3470 | MB: Asrock H77 Pro4/MVP | RAM: GSkill Ripjawx 8gb DDR3 1600 | VGA: Gigabyte GTX560 OC | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb, 2X Intel 330 60gb | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 750gb | CASE: Modded NZXT Souce 220 | Cooling: Deepcool Iceblade Pro | PSU: Seasonic M12II 520w | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2013 | Mousepad: Razer Vespula | Monitor: Dell E2314H

Windows ME

Vista

My old craptop, a HP DV6-6C35DX

Overheating son of a bitch for two years.

Now it has a bad cooling fan that rattles (and sometimes fails all together and windows yells at me about cooling fan failures), and a bad battery that heats up very fast.

That thing sat on my wood desk and moved only three times, all 3 in a super protective case that wasn't banged around anyway.

Did I forget to mention that it is the slowest thing on earth?

My Func HS-260's cracking at the top TWICE

The first set the mic stopped, and a massive crack started at the top, exposing the metal frame.

After that RMA, my second set was starting to develop a crack at the top again.

Then I stepped on them in the night and split the adjustable part. (Thank god for super glue)

So now i'm living with the still developing crack and the super glue fix. Being extra care putting them on and off. (I was also careful with the first set in the first place)

NEVER BUY THESE, EVER.

Project Cobalt: 

CPU: AMD FX 8370 Motherboard:

Asus M5A97 R2.0

RAM: G.Skill Ares 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 2133 GPU:

Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming Case: NZXT H440 (Blue)

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 256GB +  2x 1TB WD Cavier Blue

PSU: Corsair 750G2 

CPU Cooler: Swiftech H220X

Keyboard: Model M + a lot of others 

Mouse: Logitech G502

Vintage Gaming PC: AMD Athlon T-Bird 800Mhz, Gainward nVidia Ti200 128MB, 512MB Crucial RAM DDR, Compaq ASPEN 2 OEM Board, Soundblaster Live! 5.1, Windows 98SE

Steam. Can't play offline without connecting to the internet. They fixed it once, then broke it with the next update. I died a little inside.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

trying to sync content to my phone with itunes on a different computer is a nightmare....

Have you tried to use the program iTools?  it work very easily the couple times I help friends transfer their stuff between different PCs.

Mystery is the source of all true science.

Grandparents + the internet = viruses

I3-4150 | Be Quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | 8GB KINGSTON FURY RAM | MSI Z97-G43 | HYPERX FURY 120GB SSD SAPPHIRE HD7950 VAPOR-X | Phanteks Enthoo Pro M | EVGA 500W | Corsair SP120's w/ NZXT Fan Hub

Plans: I5-4690K || EVGA GS 650W | KINGSTON FURY 8GB RAM  PCPARTPICKER: https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/

Laptops

i5-4670k @4.2GHz Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 @1135MHz 1600MHz G.Skill RipjawsX 8GB Samsung 840 EVO 120GB Samsung 850 EVO 250GB

Corsair K70 Logitech G502 Proteus Core Logitech G230 Blue Snowball SteelSeries QcK+

YouTube // Steam // Twitter // Facebook // Google+

Well I tried to get my Windows 7 Pro machine to English language settings.

So yeah I always had my Windows 7 Pro (legit key) on English settings, thats how I like it. So when I got my SSD and installed it again, I did not know that the .iso you use for installation determines what language you have. So I ended up with German settings and since I am German but I lived abroad I wish I could have an English win 7.

So yeah I googled and found out that its kinda hard to change the language settings. I thought it cant be that big of a deal so lets just try customer support.

(insert attached pic here) dunno why inserting didnt work.

So I guess that its pretty obvious that this guy only gave me the same information that another dude gave me before on the same chat. But with the other dude I was like okay thanks because I was convinced that his solution would help.

Seriously Microsoft? I have a Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL and I cant change the language on it? What the fuck.

Still stuck with German language until this day.

post-126846-0-76858100-1417698357_thumb.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

UPlay, Outlook, Origin.

Uplay and Origin should just stop existing, they are so bad and irrelevant. Everyhting should be Steam only. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

Well I tried to get my Windows 7 Pro machine to English language settings.

So yeah I always had my Windows 7 Pro (legit key) on English settings, thats how I like it. So when I got my SSD and installed it again, I did not know that the .iso you use for installation determines what language you have. So I ended up with German settings and since I am German but I lived abroad I wish I could have an English win 7.

So yeah I googled and found out that its kinda hard to change the language settings. I thought it cant be that big of a deal so lets just try customer support.

(insert attached pic here) dunno why inserting didnt work.

So I guess that its pretty obvious that this guy only gave me the same information that another dude gave me before on the same chat. But with the other dude I was like okay thanks because I was convinced that his solution would help.

Seriously Microsoft? I have a Windows 7 PROFESSIONAL and I cant change the language on it? What the fuck.

Still stuck with German language until this day.

There should be downloadable language packs. My Windows 7 Professional copy (genuine) is in English, but has a fully supported Finnish language pack, which I use all the time.

UPlay, Outlook, Origin.

Uplay and Origin should just stop existing, they are so bad and irrelevant. Everyhting should be Steam only. 

Steam does need some competition. Valve is not a sort-of saint among big companies, they're just as money hungry as every other company, but they've done some smarter business moves than others. Origin isn't that bad anymore, but I do agree that uPlay should die in a fire...

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Capture software that leaves a video file corrupted and unusable if a game crashes. thankfully, I always have Fraps to fall back on. I loved shadowplay while I used it, x264vfw is nice and efficient, AMD GVR is a hot mess, but simple is best in the end.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

There should be downloadable language packs. My Windows 7 Professional copy (genuine) is in English, but has a fully supported Finnish language pack, which I use all the time.

I am very sure that you can only use them on Windows 7 Ultimate. At least the genuine ones. There is stuff out there that kind of tries to change everything but nothing from microsoft.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)