Worst Tech mistake you have ever made?

Mitch

Antec ADG550: It was supposed to be quiet, but it wasn't.

ASUS GeForce GTX 980 STRIX: The heatsink on this card was way too loose. I returned it to Micro Center.

ASUS Maximus VI Impact: The VRM daughterboard on this motherboard gets way too hot and I hate the audio daughterboard (i.e., sound card) implementation. Currently favoring the ASUS Z97I-PLUS as my mini-ITX motherboard of choice.

ASUS PCE-AC68: I should have gone with an Intel 7260HMWDTX1 for my home theater PC's WiFi adapter. Intel>Broadcom.

ASUS RT-AC68U: I simply didn't have a need for 802.11ac. I should have settled for the RT-N66U, which would have more than sufficed for my needs. I have not been unsatisfied with the RT-AC68U, but I could have saved some money.

ASUS VS247H-P: This was my final TN monitor. I thought it was good at the time, but, looking at it today after years of using IPS panels, it looks like shit.

BitFenix Prodigy: Seemed like a fun project at the time, but I ultimately regretted it. The case is barely smaller than a mid tower, has virtually no cable management, and the mini-ITX form factor offers virtually no expandability. I learnt my lesson, which is to say one should never go mini-ITX unless you have an actual need for an extremely small form factor system. If you have no choice but to go mini-ITX, find yourself a smaller case because this one just doesn't make any sense.

Every AIO liquid cooler I've ever bought: Noisy and masturbatory. Air cooling master race.

Every Razer product I've ever bought: One way or another, they all fail. Clearly, clever marketing, spending more on the packaging than on the product within, and aesthetics that appeal to twelve-year-olds doesn't equal a quality product.

Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 G1 Gaming: Lack of semi-passive cooling other vendors have embraced was a big disappointment. I returned it to Micro Center.

NZXT Hue: I favor white LED lighting, so it turned out this product was not for me because RGB LEDs cannot produce a pure white. White will always be tinted pink or green on the NZXT Hue. The Hue also suffers from a low LED density.

Sennheiser HD 558: After experiencing the HD 598, it became apparent to me that the HD 558 had been a waste of money. The 598s have a wider soundstage and don't suffer so much from the overly dark, overly warm acoustics of the HD 558. The clamping force on the HD 598 is also lower, making for a more comfortable long-term listening experience.

Sennheiser HD 650: This headphone proved way too warm for my taste and the clamping force was too high for long-term comfort. I was able to return it to Amazon.

Zalman CNPS9900MAX-R: Fan died and fans on Zalman coolers, as I learnt the hard way, are not replaceable.

Intel Core i7-5930K | Noctua NH-D15S | ASUS X99-M WS | 32GB (4 x 8GB) G.Skill Ripjaws V 2666MHz | MSI GeForce GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6G | Samsung 850 Pro 512GB | Seasonic 660XP2 | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV

LG 34UM95-P w/ Ergotron MX  | O2/ODAC | Audioengine A5+ w/ AS8 | Sennheiser HD 598 | Ducky Shine 3 | Cooler Master Storm Spawn

My stupid shit phone piece of garbage.

Yea it has an octa-core CPU at 1,7 GHz, 1gb of RAM, 8GB of internal storage, a 720p IPS display, a 13 megapixel camera, dual SIM support and yes it is less than a cm thick with the included case for only about $250, but it's made out of shit materials, has NO PC USB SUPPORT!!! and there are no spare parts!

Xbox One... I know, I know. PC Master Race.

I was in a dark moment, okay!

And the Xbox One was $350.

After around 2 days of "gaming" on that piece of shit, I returned it.

Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ITX | Motherboard Asus ROG Strix Z270i | CPU Intel i7-7700K | RAM Team Vulcan 16GB DDR4 | GPU Geforce GTX 1080 Ti | Storage Crucial MX300 1TB M.2 | PSU Corsair RM750x

a ps3 I never use it.... also a ps2 as well

Desktop:ryzen 5 3600 | MSI b45m bazooka | EVGA 650w Icoolermaster masterbox nr400 |16 gb ddr4  corsiar lpx| Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1070ti |500GB SSD+2TB SSHD, 2tb seagate barracuda [OS/games/mass storage] | HpZR240w 1440p led logitech g502 proteus spectrum| Coolermaster quick fire pro cherry mx  brown |

A Tablet, was a "everybody has one, i should have one too" purchase. Used it 2-3 times, now it just sits on my desk gathering dust.

Samsung Android devices.

Samsung never updates Android. Literally never. The Android version the device ships with ends up being the only version ever supported.

No duh, I know. Just need to spread the word.

my ipad, a 120gig ssd, a portable amp that requires batterys. a case that i no longer like

This shitbox

blog.52.h.jpg

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

A Sunbeamtech Rheosmart 6 Fan Controller, it will not fit in the drive bay with out having to cut the case, its about 3mm bigger that a standard drive

I think everything I buy I eventually regret.  I think its just my personality, but it sucks.

The tech purchase i regret buying was my razer death stalker keyboard. Now this was a great chiclet keyboard and a big improvement on my old Microsoft keyboard that was becoming unresponsive. The reason i regret buying my razer keyboard was that when i got home from the store when i bought it i got an email from best buy for an Logitech keyboard, mouse ,and headset combo for 20 dollars less than what i paid for the keyboard.

PC Specs AMD FX6300 8gb ddr3 Ram AMD 270x

The Iphone 5, I had the Note 2 and for reasons, I thought it would be a good idea to trade it for an iphone 5. Nope biggest regret ive ever had with tech, even though i didnt "buy it". Battery life sucked in comparison and so did the phone it was so small and hard to read everything, it was just an unenjoyable experience. 

IPod Touch (like gen 2). The battery overheated while charging about a week after buying it, got a refund (:)) and went back home. Never brought another Apple product since.

8X Blue LED fans for my old case because i was still in the 'many lights make it look awesome' phase of building a pc.

Some cheap powered 4 way usb hub from China....it fried my Xbox controller

Not a whole lot for me but I do regret buying a bio star motherboard and going AMD.. this was like 7 years ago though so I don't know how relevant it is today but my god was AMD awful.

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

buying my GTX 550ti at 80$ (usd) in my country, i mean it works just fine for my games, but later found out i got basically robbed ._. 

Against All Odds pc build

AMD Athlon II x4 750k///MSI A55m E33///Kingston hyper x blue 8gb (2x4)///corsair cx430///EVGA GTX 750 SC///Rosewill FBM 01///Samsung EVO 850 120gb///Windows 8.1///Corsair Raptor k40

My two Xbox Ones.

Currently trying to sell one, and keeping the other for the sole purpose of exclusives and using the controller with games like GTA when it comes to PC.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

All my smartphones up until recently. HTC Desire S(defective 3 times)>2nd hand Xperia P(was generally slow and annoying)>2nd hand Xperia S(crashed a lot, and horrible battery life even after getting a brand new factory battery). Now i have a nexus 5, love it.

CPU: Intel Core i5-4670k Mobo:MSI Z87-G43 RAM:Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1866MHz SSD:Samsung 840 120GB GPU:Gigabyte GTX770 2GB PSU:EVGA NEX650G Case:Fractal Design Define R4 Cooler:Corsair H80i 

Got a second 24 inch monitor, could have saved that cash and waited a while, sold the single 24 incher and got a single ultra-wide now with a minor cash infusion.

CPU R7 1700    Motherboard Asus Prime X370 Pro  RAM  24GB Corsair LPX 3000 (at 2933Mhz)    GPU EVGA GTX1070 SC  Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M    

Storage 1 x 1TB m.2, 1x 500GB SSD, 1x 1TB HDD, 1x 8TB HDD  PSU Corsair RM1000  Cooling Thermalright Macho Rev B (tower)

Synology NAS 1 x 4TB 1 x 8TB

Two things.

1. Samsung Galaxy S4. (It was so much of a horror purchase I have transferred from Android to windows.......)

2. Dell Studio 1558. Was nothing but problems. Although I do plan on a toothpaste / whatever I fancy thermal paste experiement with it.

Windows 7

“Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes. working jobs we hate, so we can buy shit we dont need.”- Chuck Palahniuk, Fight Club

"Oh, beauty is a beguiling call to death and I'm addicted to the sweet pitch of its siren."- Johnny Quid

"Without our imaginations, we'd be like all those other poor... dullards."- Dr. Hannibal Lecter