AMD Kaveri Refresh "Godavari" Confirmed

Opcode

Source

After looking around it appears that "Godavari" is indeed the codename for the rumored Kaveri refresh.

dKje8F4.png

Found on the ASRock website bios revision 1.70 for the FM2A78M-HD+ R2.0 is marked with "Support Godavari CPU."

Also on Honda Wei LinkedIn profile.

LPwzHAP.png

So.... When they say refresh, will it be like updated silicon with the same specs or just... New names?

Daily Driver:

Case: Red Prodigy CPU: i5 3570K @ 4.3 GHZ GPU: Powercolor PCS+ 290x @1100 mhz MOBO: Asus P8Z77-I CPU Cooler: NZXT x40 RAM: 8GB 2133mhz AMD Gamer series Storage: A 1TB WD Blue, a 500GB WD Blue, a Samsung 840 EVO 250GB

So.... When they say refresh, will it be like updated silicon with the same specs or just... New names?

Refreshes are just a new stepping of an existing product usually. Tho we don't know if they've done anything to these chips to better their overclockability etc.

Maybe they'll move up on the manufacturing process; 30nm!

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

So, It will be on FM2+, I might consider if CPU performance good

Main Gaming PC (new): HP Omen 30L || i9 10850K || RTX 3070 || 512GB WD Blue NVME || 2TB HDD, 4TB HDD, 8TB HDD ||  750W P2 ||  16GB HyperX Black DDR4

Main Gaming PC (old, still own) : Intel Core i7 7700K @5.0Ghz || GPU: GTX 1080 Seahawk EK X || Motherboard: Maximus VIII Impact || Case: Fractal Design Define Nano S || RAM : 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 

Cooling: EK XRES D5 100mm || Alphacool ST30 280mm w/ Vardars || Alphacool ST30 240mm w/ Vardars || Swiftech 3/8 x 1/2'' Lok-Seal Compressions || Swiftech EVGA Hydrocopper Block || Primochill Advanced LRT Orange || Distilled Water

Folding@Home Rig: 2x X5690s @4.6Ghz || GPUs: 2x Radeon HD 7990 || Motherboard: EVGA SR-2 || Case: Corsair 900D || RAM: 48GB Corsair Dominator GT 2000Mhz CL9

Ethereum Mining Rig: Pentium G4400 || Gigabyte Z170X-UD5 TH || 2x GTX 1060s (Samsung & Hynix) 1x GTX 1070 (Micron), 2x RX480s BIOS modded (Samsung), 1x R9 290X 8GB, 1x GTX 1660 Super = ~ 195 Mh/s

Peripherals: 3x U2412M (5760x1200), 1x U3011 (2560x1600) || Logitech G710 (Cherry Blues) || Logitech G600 || Brainwavz HM5 with @Gofspar Mod 

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 || "Infinity Edge" 4K IPS Screen || i7 7700HQ || GTX 1050 || 16GB 2400Mhz RAM 

Can't wait to see what GPU they pair it with.

HTID

So, It will be on FM2+, I might consider if CPU performance good

CPU performance will be unchanged from Kaveri other than a 2.5% boost in turbo frequency.

Can't wait to see what GPU they pair it with.

The iGPU will remain the same as what's inside of Kaveri just with a 19% higher base clock.

Maybe they'll move up on the manufacturing process; 30nm!

You're as behind as AMD's manufacturing process. They're now on 28nm.

STOP using prime95 with Haswell CPUs!

Main Rig:

CPU:i5 4690k @ 4.6GHz, Motherboard:ASUS Z97-A, GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW, PSU: EVGA Supernova 1000 G1, CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M w/ Noctua NF F12s, Case: NZXT S340, Memory: 16GB (4X4GB) G Skill Ripjaws X 2133MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 256GB boot drive & Seagate Barracuda 7200 rpm 2TB

Secondary/Folding Rig:

CPU:FX 8320 @ 4.6GHz @ 1.344 v., Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX, GPU: MSI R9 290 Gaming, PSU: Corsair HX 750, CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3, Case: NZXT Source 530, Memory: 8GB (2X4GB) G Skill Ares 1600MHz, Storage: Samsung 840 Evo 128GB

You're as behind as AMD's manufacturing process. They're now on 28nm.

That's kinda the joke... Going backwards because they're so far behind Intel

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

The joke is, even at 28nm their GPUs are kicking Intel's ass.

No, the real joke is Intel's only been designing their own graphics chips for about 6 years (everything else going back is PowerVR, an implementation of a 3DFX chip, or another borrowed design to be just enough for office work) and they've caught up to Kaveri's performance with their top Broadwell SKUs.

But wait, the joke gets funnier. Intel's been prepping and refining their GPUs for purposes other than gaming! It's all being put towards having Skylake become an iGPU computing powerhouse. With IBM now attempting to push back, and with AMD trying to use HSA to break back into the HPC world, Intel's cutting them off at the pass by leveraging the power already in OpenMP/OpenACC to cement their position with the best computation model which synergizes the CPU, iGPU, and their Xeon Phi accelerators.

Oh, and here's the real kicker. Nvidia doesn't have any APUs to help their portfolio look stronger and more compute-dense, Pascal is delayed to Q3 2016 or later, Knight's Landing Phi and socketed chips land Q1 2016 with 8+GB of HBM on the PCIE 4.0 bus, and AMD with 0 market presence arrives Q2/Q3 with Zen trying to push a brand new programming paradigm most people have a huge list of criticisms for (it's not easy to pick up HSAIL or the general programming itself); and between then and now Nvidia has no new Quadros/Teslas (Maxwell has no native 64-bit SPs) and AMD's idling around with Godavari and Carrizo.

Now, what's this about ragging on the company with the least amount of GPU experience of the three silicon Titans while the other two are not exactly making huge breakthroughs and are patent trolling intensely to keep Intel bogged down? It sounds like fanchild mouth frothing to me.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

The joke is, even at 28nm their GPUs are kicking Intel's ass.

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=2364337

Out of the 6 Kaveri only won 3 times from the Iris Pro by a small margin and lost 3 times by a small margin as well.

More benchmarks; http://wccftech.com/amd-kaveri-apu-a10-7850k-intel-i5-4570r-iris-pro-graphics-showdown/

Not seeing your joke coming anywhere near close to the reality.

I think AMD should give up on CPU's and stick with GPU's.

The buyout of ATI is certainly what's keeping AMD afloat right now. Not all of AMD's architectures have been bad as they have had a lot of shining moments. Athlon XP and 64 developed by Jim Keller was phenomenal. Their Stars core was also a big hit in terms of performance as well. Bulldozer was their first architecture in a while that simply didn't meet expectations. Less then a year after Bulldozers launch they re-hired Jim Keller to take the hot seat for K12 and Zen which should be heavy hitting architectures. Even Intel has had their times of delivering terrible performing CPUs.

amd needs a new line of cores not refreshes.

"If a man has not discovered something that he will die for, he isn't fit to live."   -Martin Luther King, Jr

No, the real joke is Intel's only been designing their own graphics chips for about 6 years (everything else going back is PowerVR, an implementation of a 3DFX chip, or another borrowed design to be just enough for office work) and they've caught up to Kaveri's performance with their top Broadwell SKUs.

But wait, the joke gets funnier. Intel's been prepping and refining their GPUs for purposes other than gaming! It's all being put towards having Skylake become an iGPU computing powerhouse. With IBM now attempting to push back, and with AMD trying to use HSA to break back into the HPC world, Intel's cutting them off at the pass by leveraging the power already in OpenMP/OpenACC to cement their position with the best computation model which synergizes the CPU, iGPU, and their Xeon Phi accelerators.

Oh, and here's the real kicker. Nvidia doesn't have any APUs to help their portfolio look stronger and more compute-dense, Pascal is delayed to Q3 2016 or later, Knight's Landing Phi and socketed chips land Q1 2016 with 8+GB of HBM on the PCIE 4.0 bus, and AMD with 0 market presence arrives Q2/Q3 with Zen trying to push a brand new programming paradigm most people have a huge list of criticisms for (it's not easy to pick up HSAIL or the general programming itself); and between then and now Nvidia has no new Quadros/Teslas (Maxwell has no native 64-bit SPs) and AMD's idling around with Godavari and Carrizo.

Now, what's this about ragging on the company with the least amount of GPU experience of the three silicon Titans while the other two are not exactly making huge breakthroughs and are patent trolling intensely to keep Intel bogged down? It sounds like fanchild mouth frothing to me.

I think the amount of money that Intel has to throw around might be somehting to do with this, as they have an R&D budget the size of several other companies in the top 10 companies put together.

this is awesome news  :lol:

this also means that the Kaveri line come down in price a bit  :ph34r:

yey  ^_^