GTX 970 Owners Club

Damn, maybe you got a pickle card. any voltage offsets?

i have tried everything from no voltage bump to about 50mv+

nothing :/ , it just resets everytime i OC

My Pc Specs

CPU : AMD FX-8350 @stock w/Noctua NH D-14   Mobo: Asus M5A99FX    Ram : 16gb Corsair XMS3 @1600mhz    GPU : Gigabyte GTX970 Windforce OC 4GB @1429mhz   SSD: Sandisk X110 256gb    Case: Be Quiet Silent Base 800 Windowed  PSU: EVGA 850w g2  Peripherals : Corsair K70 w/Red Switches , Logitech G502 , Samsung SyncMaster S22B300 (1920x1080) , Ttesports Shock one headset , Phone : HTC one A9

Rockin my ASUS Strix GTX 970, shit's bangin.

OS:Windows 10 Pro |  CPU:Intel Core i7 4790k | GPU:ASUS STRIX GTX 970 | RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) | MoBo:ASUS Maximus VII Hero Z97 | Storage: 500GB Crucial MX200 SSD, 250GB Samsung 840 EVO SSD, 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD (x2) | Monitors:Acer XB270HU/ASUS VH238H | Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow Tournament Edition Chroma w/ Razer Greens | Mouse:Razer Deathadder Chroma | Headset:BeyerDynamic DT990Pro w/ Antlion Modmic

Hope you enjoy the bios.

report your max OC to the thread, I need some competition for the fastest 970 on the forum.

What is your clock rate anyway on your card?

And how much worse is Hynix memory compared to Samsung?  I'm at +155 offset with stock voltage at the moment with Hynix memory, but Afterburner for some reason keeps locking my memory slider unless i restart the computer, which takes too long just to do overclocks.

What is your clock rate anyway on your card?

And how much worse is Hynix memory compared to Samsung?  I'm at +155 offset with stock voltage at the moment with Hynix memory, but Afterburner for some reason keeps locking my memory slider unless i restart the computer, which takes too long just to do overclocks.

I can get a +775 offset and I run 1605mhz stable on the core

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

I feel like this card could reach the core clock rate, but not the memory clock rate with Hynix memory.  Oh well.

Get a SuperNOVA G2 and see if you can find a 2500k and a Extreme4 or MSI Mpower on sale.

The last of my budget went on my antec gx500 dominator, the CX850 and my G0 stepping Core 2 Extreme 6850, and since I've got a working P5Q turbo as well I can have plenty of overclocking fun-though if I do overclock this 970 and it fails, I'm saying f*** it and going back to my GTX 650TI OC 2GB (rev 2.0 Windforce), I had a +240MHz @ +87mV overclock on it run stable for a week of non stop MSI kombuster furmark burning, and it hasn't degraded at all (unlike the first GTX 970).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

That's insane.

That's insane.

The power of Samsung memory.

My Hynix card is at a pitiful +195 at stock voltage compared to what I've seen Samsung memory do.  Thankfully, the core clock I got with this card is a monster.

My current OC on my GTX 970 G1 Gaming (with Hynix memory), so what do you think guys? I know, it may be probably a weak OC or chip. :(

http://s493.photobucket.com/user/francine_franz_bucket/media/d7cb67d1-e057-44be-920a-d7294789be2a_zpsx9jp6jzk.jpg.html

Is there anything else that I can do to increase my OC potential?

On what specs do I need to reach so that I can make my GTX 970 perform like a GTX 980 at stock?

If my OC is comparable to a stock GTX 980 then I'm okay with it. Thanks. :)

Edit:

Would like to try out the custom bios', but I haven't tried to do it to any card and I'm afraid to bricking my card since I don't have extra card or money. If this piece of hardware breaks down and the retailer or manufacturer deems it's warranty void, I'm screwed. :(

Is flashing the bios really foolproof or do I need a guide to do it? Thanks!

I love free stuff.

GTX 970 with pseudo 4gb vram at pseudo 224gb/s at pseudo  256-bit with 56 ROPs (corrected from 64) and 1.75mb L2 cache (corrected from 2mb).

Right now im running a 1470 mhz on core and a 7700 mhz oc on the memory at stock voltages.. but it boosts up to 1575 mhz yet when i oc to 1500 it freezes and stutters :/ i have the strix model btw. So far in the bioshock benchnark at 1080p maxed out at stock i get 124 avg and with a 1400 core and 7200 memory i get 129.. ive yet to try with the 1470 and the 7700. And can anyone tell me why it freezes when i oc to 1500 yet it boost past that on its own ? Do i need to up the voltage a bit or increase the power limit ? on all my overclocks im running the stock 100% power limit

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

did you know we have a gun thread ? well we do 

and a car thread ! 

Btw tge stock is like 1250 or something on the core and its 7010 on the memory sooo im getting a huge oc on the memory

Spoiler

The Ninja (current gaming pc)  Case- h440 red/black cpu- i5-4690k@ 4.3ghz cooler- coolermaster hyper 212 evo moboGigabyte z97x-sli ram- adata xpg v.1 2x4gb 1600mhz gpu- asus strix gtx 970 hdd- wd blue 1tb ssd- kingston hyperx savage 240gb psu- evga 600b peripherals: mouse- razer death adder 2013 keyboard- corsair k70 with chery mx-reds headset- HyperX Cloud 2

my laptop- toshiba satelite p850, cpu- i7-3630qm ram- 8gb 1600mhz hdd- 1tb 5400rpm gpu- Nvidia gt630m 2gb

and a car thread ! 

My current OC on my GTX 970 G1 Gaming (with Hynix memory), so what do you think guys? I know, it may be probably a weak OC or chip. :(

http://s493.photobucket.com/user/francine_franz_bucket/media/d7cb67d1-e057-44be-920a-d7294789be2a_zpsx9jp6jzk.jpg.html

Is there anything else that I can do to increase my OC potential?

On what specs do I need to reach so that I can make my GTX 970 perform like a GTX 980 at stock?

If my OC is comparable to a stock GTX 980 then I'm okay with it. Thanks. :)

Edit:

Would like to try out the custom bios', but I haven't tried to do it to any card and I'm afraid to bricking my card since I don't have extra card or money. If this piece of hardware breaks down and the retailer or manufacturer deems it's warranty void, I'm screwed. :(

Is flashing the bios really foolproof or do I need a guide to do it? Thanks!

You have to fuck up really hard to brick the G1 with a bios flash.  @Lays has a guide on how to do it.

Right now im running a 1470 mhz on core and a 7700 mhz oc on the memory at stock voltages.. but it boosts up to 1575 mhz yet when i oc to 1500 it freezes and stutters :/ i have the strix model btw. So far in the bioshock benchnark at 1080p maxed out at stock i get 124 avg and with a 1400 core and 7200 memory i get 129.. ive yet to try with the 1470 and the 7700. And can anyone tell me why it freezes when i oc to 1500 yet it boost past that on its own ? Do i need to up the voltage a bit or increase the power limit ? on all my overclocks im running the stock 100% power limit

It crashes because when you set the core to 1500, it's boosting to an unstable frequency.

It crashes because when you set the core to 1500, it's boosting to an unstable frequency.

then what do i do ? Should i just keep it at the 1470 and let it keep boosting to the 1560? And my +690mhz on my memory... Is that even possible ? And do you know what type of memory is on the strix ?
Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

Also if i do want to try and get it stable past 1500 would i just try adding voltage or should i just stay where i am ?

Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

then what do i do ? Should i just keep it at the 1470 and let it keep boosting to the 1560? And my +690mhz on my memory... Is that even possible ? And do you know what type of memory is on the strix ?

Use GPU-Z, it will tell you what it has, but from the sounds of it, that is Samsung memory, and yes, that is possible.

If you do want to push it past 1500, then yes, you should try adding voltage, but the Strix may prove to not go much further due to it only having a 6 pin.

Use GPU-Z, it will tell you what it has, but from the sounds of it, that is Samsung memory, and yes, that is possible.

If you do want to push it past 1500, then yes, you should try adding voltage, but the Strix may prove to not go much further due to it only having a 6 pin.

yay i got da samsung memory... Anyway ya ill try adding voltage, and the strix has a single 8 not a 6 pin. If it was a 6 pin i would have never bought the card... And i dont care about the limited power from the single 8, i didnt buy the card thinking i was going for the world record oc im just trying to see what i can get... Right now im quite happy with the 1560 it boosts too. And what was the highest oc on the samsung memory that you have seen ? I might try to push 8000 mhz tomo just to c if it works. And btw will the memory oc really help with anything ?
Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

yay i got da samsung memory... Anyway ya ill try adding voltage, and the strix has a single 8 not a 6 pin. If it was a 6 pin i would have never bought the card... And i dont care about the limited power from the single 8, i didnt buy the card thinking i was going for the world record oc im just trying to see what i can get... Right now im quite happy with the 1560 it boosts too. And what was the highest oc on the samsung memory that you have seen ? I might try to push 8000 mhz tomo just to c if it works. And btw will the memory oc really help with anything ?

It can get you a few frames, but depends on the game, really.  The highest OC on memory I've seen is like 8400 I think on air.

1.3v /w TDP, nospin, fixed boost tables and some other little clock state tweaks for 1600mhz+ OCing. (This is my 980 killer bios.) http://bit.ly/1AiwJAa

So if I copy this BIOS on to my card, I can hit those OCs?

And how high is the chance of bricking again?

G1 Gamingfor sure, sorry for not seeing all these questions earlier. Im delidding my CPU so I only have a tablet atm.

I noticed that it has a 6pin and an 8pin power connector, do I have to use both or just one of them?

I noticed that it has a 6pin and an 8pin power connector, do I have to use both or just one of them?

you have to use both
Spoiler

and a car thread ! 

I noticed that it has a 6pin and an 8pin power connector, do I have to use both or just one of them?

Both

I noticed that it has a 6pin and an 8pin power connector, do I have to use both or just one of them?

Both, lol.

So if I install the 3rd BIOS, can I reach 1600Mhz or what?

How high is the chance of bricking my card.

is it a hynix or samsung card

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE