Asus just took another shot at Apple. First their Watch and now their New Macbook.

A couple of days ago, Asus took a pot-shot at Apple about the price of their new iWatch compared to their own. In fact you can find an article about that here: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/326432-asus-attacks-apple-watch-buyers-with-flow-chart-that-concludes-%E2%80%98you-are-really-out-of-your-mind%E2%80%99/ by @CoolaxGaming

So, I was just browsing my twitter feed when I saw a tweet from Asus taking another shot at Apple, this time, attacking their Macbook compared to Asus's Zenbook.

The tweet in question sates, "The numbers don’t lie! The difference is clear. See it for yourself today with the #ASUS #ZenBook UX305"

The Tweet in question

28QueFt.png

Obviously, this is attacking the screen of the Macbook, so here is a fullscreen version of the tweet, see if you can tell the difference.

eedgqFY.png

My thoughts on these attacks.

Yes, its all marketing, and i find it good and amuzing, but Asus, be careful when attacking Apple, you don't want the fanboy army on your heels .

Your thoughts? Leave them down below.

The Perfect Meme, provided by @DIV1D3

55480659.jpg

Edit: As @Syntaxvgm said, Asus also attacked the Macbook for its thickness compared to their Zenbook. Here is the tweet, along with one of the stupidest puns I have ever seen:

sDzNYwk.png

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

They send out another tweet about the asus being thinner as well

CPU I7 - 4720HQ RAM 2 x 8GB • GPU Nvidia GTX 850M Storage 250GB 850 EVO - 1TB Seagate Hybrid
Keyboard CM Storm QuickFire Rapid-I (MX brown) & Pok3r (MX clear) • Mouse Logitech G502 • Sound Audio-Technica ATH-M50X • OS Windows 10 Pro - Linux Arch 
Storage Asustor AS7004T

I like how they desturated the colors on the mac slightly and blurred the hell out of the image as if that's super low resolution.
Yes asus, 2304x 1440 is super blurry
Oh, wait, just like every other laptop manufacturer, you ride the fact that 1366x768 is technically "HD" and still make laptops with that panel resolution, literally the lowest you can buy nowadays, and market it as exceptional.
PQ3WP22.png
This particular one is IPS, yes, but they do this with non IPS 15.6" 1366x768 panels as well.
if 2304x1440 is blurry, then blur these as well ASUS?

First they used the thinner side of their laptop, that watch shit, then this.
Asus is starting to piss me off. 
I'm not a fan of that dumb macbook at all when the air is cheaper and more powerful, and don't like apple ads or apple in general really, but come on Asus

edit 
some people don't get it 

I'm talking about the fact that they blurred the photo on the macbook. Like it's super low resolution and not HD, but on the same token, like all laptop companies, they push 1366x768 like it's stunning.

EDIT AGAIN 
FOR FUCKS SAKE PEOPLE, I'M NOT COMPARING THAT TABLET TO THE LAPTOPS! I'M MAKING A POINT ABOUT THEM BLURRING THE MACBOOK'S 1440p SCREEN AND DESATURATING THE COLORS AS IF ITS CRAP. I PICKED THAT TABLET AT RANDOM BECAUSE IT'S THE FIRST THING I SAW ON THEIR SITE WITH A LOW RES SCREEN.

IF I SEE ONE MORE PERSON SAY "WELL, IT'S CHEAPER BLAH BLAH" I'M GONNA BUST A MACBOOK OVER YOUR FACE OR SOMETHING. (That won't hurt much, maybe itll cut you at most)

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I'm not interested in either the Zenbbook UX305 or Macbook, even the Apple Watch or ZenWatch. 

Still enjoy some marketing banter. 

55480659.jpg

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Loving the corporate trolling.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

55480659.jpg

Love the meme, I'm gonna put it in the main article.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Love the meme, I'm gonna put it in the main article.

Lol, cheers. 

I always look for a meme that relates to the topic while making some laughs. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

I'd like to think it's just some good natured fun poking, rather than really having a go. 

Either way 3200x1800 on a 13" or so screen is ridiculous. It just makes all text small, so you have to scale everything. 

They're completely different computers for different people.

It was also kind of dumb for them to compare the ZenWatch to the AW. As if they're in the same class of products.

They are the same class of products zenwatch and aw. Asus zenbook vs apple macbook. Obviously the zenbook wins. Clearly thinner. The screen has way better resolution if that is not obvious when I viewed both the zen is way better.

Edit: As @Syntaxvgm said, Asus also attacked the Macbook for its thickness compared to their Zenbook. Here is the tweet, along with one of the stupidest puns I have ever seen:

sDzNYwk.png

lol.

funny thing that Asus is lying about the height. they didn't include the rubber stands

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Oh, wait, just like every other laptop manufacturer, you ride the fact that 1366x768 is technically "HD" and still make laptops with that panel resolution, literally the lowest you can buy nowadays, and market it as exceptional.

PQ3WP22.png

This particular one is IPS, yes, but they do this with non IPS 15.6" 1355x768 panels as well.

if 2304x1440 is blurry, then blur these as well ASUS?

To be fair though, 1360x768/1366x768 is the cheapest you can get, so for low end products, I disagree with you, use the resolution. But for high end products such as the tablet you have mentioned above, then I fully agree with you, use a higher resolution screen. If you make pot-shots at companies for using a lower resolution screen, don't skimp out on your own high end products.

Edit: This tablet/convertible is not high end so I take the last sentence back, but I will also amend it slightly as well.

If your going to have a touch screen enabled device which you can use as a standalone tablet, put a decent screen on it

Ryze of the Phoenix: 

I'm not interested in either the Zenbbook UX305 or Macbook, even the Apple Watch or ZenWatch. 

Still enjoy some marketing banter. 

55480659.jpg

This picture mouhahahaha  :lol:

"Innovation is the only way to progress"

"To every action there is always an opposed equal reaction"

"There is only one road, always straight"

B_wsC-sWwAEfpi0.jpg

anyone noticing something strange with that picture?

no?

according to this picture the lenovo is 9mm thick (or the macbook much thicker)

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

I'm suprised ASUS is making a fuss over the screen when they could (and should) point out that two ports is not enough, even when one is a USB type C.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

I'm suprised ASUS is making a fuss over the screen when they could (and should) point out that two ports is not enough, even when one is a USB type C.

You hit the nail on the coffin with that one. Design over function, what a joke.

You do realize that 1366x768 is actually higher resolution then "HD" right? "HD" by technical terms is 720p (1280x720), which is why qHD (quarter HD) is 960x540 and QHD (quad HD) is 2560x1440.

"Rawr XD"

You think fanboys who drank the koolaid still care how many ports there is?

No, they buy overpriced hubs because it feels good only when Apple is doing it.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Please tell me these aren't going to turn into US presidential ads where they aren't about themselves but about bashing the others...

LOL ASUS. 

The same people who sell overpriced motherboards that don't actually add anything other than aesthetics? And you're attacking a company for that? 

Classy. Real classy. 

Please tell me these aren't going to turn into US presidential ads where they aren't about themselves but about bashing the others...

Thought the same thing. They'd rather take the "their product isn't good" angle, as opposed to the "our product offers these features, make your own judgements" angle.

CPU  5820k - 4.0GHz @ 1.27V  |  MOBO X99-Pro  |  RAM 16GB Ballistic @ 2133MHz  |  PSU HX750i 

COOLING  Kraken X61 - 6x NF-A14 iPPC  |  DRIVES  256GB 950 Pro - 2x 1TB Travelstar - 1x 1TB WD Black

GPU  EVGA GTX980 SC |  CASE  R5  |  OS  Win 8.1 Pro  |  MISC   Cablemod C-Series White Set