Hover X aims to be the ultimate gaming lapdesk ($100+ for a gaming plank)

ahhming

bee25ee5a2a5f213e3e8ba3d68191889_origina
2d34c661a6e5184235cde1e7c5d50cba_origina
53ee97b6bd8448228253b4e5c9f1075e_origina

A new project on the Kickstarter crowdfunding platform seeks to provide a solution to using your gaming laptop away from a traditional desk or table top. The Hover X provides a surface for your laptop, your mouse and an integrated smartphone/tablet stand. This vented 'lapdesk' or 'lapboard' is constructed from laminated bamboo.

The designers have implemented the following features:

A built-in extra large mouse pad – on the right
Compatible with laptops from 11 – 15-inch screens and the Hover X+ can accommodate up to 17-inch machines.
'Premium bamboo' construction, with vents under the laptop
Mobile dock to fit most tablets and smartphones. The dock is acrylic with felt lining to avoid causing abrasions upon your device.

At $98 still available  for the Hover X (13 – 15-inch version) X and $138 Hover X +  for the 17-inch version. The first batch of these lapdesks is expected to ship by June 2015. After the Kickstarter project is over retail prices will range from $150 to $200. The project has successful funded @ $5,000 

826ff5d3c812bac6be64dce2661e84cb_origina

f1581d105e9527018726a7455340ca40_origina

Source:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iskelter/hover-x-ultimate-gamers-lapdesk

http://hexus.net/tech/news/laptop/81574-hover-x-aims-ultimate-gaming-lapdesk/

i still dint understand the use for it at 100$

i rather buy a pure wood table and use it to study use my desktop laptop

and use aukeys wireless charger as a stand for my samsung Galaxy s4

I'd like to see a black version of this, I'm not that big of a fan of the whole light bamboo color with the dark mousepad. (or really light colors in general)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

i don't understand people who "game" with laptops lel

unless you move/travel everyday 

Hmm, I wonder how easy it would to attach two 140's or a 200mm fan to the bottom of the vent.

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Hmm, I wonder how easy it would to attach two 140's or a 200mm fan to the bottom of the vent.

Well that would ruin the "lap" part I'd say :P

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

I really like this wonder if its going to be available in the UK

not everyday, but often enough to need one

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

will the fans keep blowing hot air on your lap and sucking air

dam it will feel uncomfortable if people like to ware shorts 

just my opinion 

$100 for a plank of wood? No thanks.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Don't try and kid me. Those mouse movements do not translate properly in the game. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It looks interesting, But $98 for what is essentially a piece of wood with some cut-outs and a mousemat seems a bit steep to me. 

I was thinking the same. I don't know how cheap wood is elsewhere, but here I could buy it for less, cut it out, sand it, stain it even, buy a mousepad and the total would still be under 100$.

Don't try and kid me. Those mouse movements do not translate properly in the game. 

Ahaha, I saw that too. It is like in commercials when kids are playing video games and the controllers are doing things they aren't supposed to/can actually do and the kids look like they are spazzing out. :lol:

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

this is soooo over priced

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

So the Hover X+ will retail at 200 USD?

Just. WHAT!??!?!?!!

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

If you travel a lot you wouldn't be taking this with you anyways.

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

$148 to $198 for a piece of wood?!? 

AMD Ryzen 5900x, Nvidia RTX 3080 (MSI Gaming X-trio), ASrock X570 Extreme4, 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB @ 3200mhz CL16, Corsair MP600 1TB, Intel 660P 1TB, Corsair HX1000, Corsair 680x, Corsair H100i Platinum

will the fans keep blowing hot air on your lap and sucking air

dam it will feel uncomfortable if people like to ware shorts 

just my opinion 

Nah, shouldn't be that bad. I like my balls toasty anyway.

Edit: I realize now that the vents would in most cases be on your left thigh making it difficult to put a fan there, but IMO covering up the vents with your thigh doesn't help either.. leading me to believe this just a very expensive piece of wood with some gimmicks on it. :P

Bert & Ernie before squirting spermie. 

Guys, it looks like it's made out of Bamboo, not wood. Just sayin'.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

In china I got one made for less than $10.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Using an ASUS G751 with this kind of ventilation is useless...

meh id pay $100 for it

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I'd rather wait for the thing Roccat is making that has the keyboard integrated in the thing. Not only is it a mechanical keyboard, but it's wireless and stuff. They already sell stuff like this at BestBuy for like $10-20 and it's plastic. The hell makes this overpriced bamboo special? I'd rather buy a Wacom Bamboo... at least it does something.