Xbox gamers are pissed we don't have to pay for online

Oberon.Smite

So let met get this straight: you're pissed because you have to pay 60 bucks for a basic service? Please tell me this article is a joke. I don't even know what's going through these people's minds.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2893767/pc-gamers-wont-pay-to-play-xbox-live-games-online-and-console-owners-are-furious.html

Dingman, Hayden. "PC Gamers Won't Pay to Play Xbox Live Games Online, and Console Owners Are FURIOUS." PCWorld. PCWorld, 6 Mar. 2015. Web. 08 Mar. 2015.

Those tweets really show the differing intelligence between PC gamers and console gamers

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

Those tweets really show the differing intelligence between PC gamers and console gamers

I try not to generalize gamers intelligence by what system they use. 

All console gamers aren't stupid. But those tweets are definitely stupid.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I only said it to stir trouble...

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Maybe I should change my member title to "do not take me seriously"

CPU: i7 2600 @ 4.2GHz  COOLING: NZXT Kraken X31 RAM: 4x2GB Corsair XMS3 @ 1600MHz MOBO: Gigabyte Z68-UD3-XP GPU: XFX R9 280X Double Dissipation SSD #1: 120GB OCZ Vertex 2  SSD #2: 240GB Corsair Force 3 HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 600W CASE: NZXT H230
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz COOLING: Cooler Master Eclipse RAM: 4x1GB Corsair XMS2 @ 800MHz MOBO: XFX nForce 780i 3-Way SLi GPU: 2x ASUS GTX 560 DirectCU in SLi HDD #1: 1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM PSU: TBA CASE: Antec 300

As if these console gamers are "stuck" on a console and can't buy a PC...

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)

they've been complaining about this for ages and yet they still buy peasant boxes and pay for a shitty service pcgamers get for free

As if these console gamers are "stuck" on a console and can't buy a PC...

Plenty of ITX machines that are capable of doing so much these days....

i3-i5 + GTX 970 in an ITX rig.. beast!

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

hmmm i'm with them for a change... they pay money to be able to play a game online, which is stupid. Then PC gamers get the same platform and its free. That actually is unfair.

I'm not saying they should make PC gamers pay for it... i'm saying they should let X1/360 players play games online for free as well. It's stupid to pay twice to play online games anyway....

To make it clear here: I do NOT have an Xbox, never had an Xbox and i NEVER will have an Xbox cuz i hate everything about it.

I have no signature

We have always had this, they always had that...

Too bad it took this tweet/post/announcement to get the ball rolling...would consolers put as much emphasis/rage on this topic if this wasn't said...., probably not.

But I agree,.. I understand why their getting shitty, having to pay multiple times just to get online...

I know some have always wanted the monthly/yearly method gone...others like it (thinking it gets them benefits)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Man, after the shit I've seen said by console gamers, I have no trouble generalizing those idiots.

Good news: cross plarform games announced.

Console gamers are just paying by credit on Xlive what we pay to upgrade our rig's, nothing really unfair here. 400$ is my CGU's price.

However, what about the ping ?

I remember my friend playing on X360 on modern warfare 2 with a bad, bad ping. Like 90-120ms.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

Console gamers are just paying by credit on Xlive what we pay to upgrade our rig's, nothing really unfair here. 400$ is my CGU's price.

Buy a normal branded console for $400-500 (whatever final price is) and pay the 'reduced' online fee. $30 a year, instead of $60+

Buy an elite branded console for $500-600 and pay no online fees, EVER.

Pay more money for the open platform, like PC users.

I predict an influx of non-steam machine beast ITX rigs coming out....

Advertising now as an open platform, cos...marketing.

I guess all this hubbub will make M$ reconsider and make pc gamers pay for online multiplayer

I guess all this hubbub will make M$ reconsider and make pc gamers pay for online multiplayer

Dunno how, open platforms meaning Microsoft DO NOT control ANY servers or connections like they do with consoles for example using the Microsoft Azure cloud servers.

If servers only owned by Microsoft and they try it, no1 will be buying that game.

A wasted effort and guaranteed to lose money.

I think with enough outcry they'll help the consolers get a better price, or remove it altogether.

They won't do it to us.

RIP console users?

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Xbox gamers are paying because they purchased the Xbox, they didn't build it themselves or anything. They have no other service aside from what Microsoft gave them, so they are forced to use the service. Welcome to console gaming, where your freedom is garbage because you payed for a cheap machine because you're too lazy to build one yourself.

It wouldn't be fair for PC gamers to pay for their uninteresting service that has nothing to offer. Linux gaming.

Mid-range Emulation Gaming and Video Rendering PC

[CPU] i7 4790k 4.7GHz & 1.233v Delidded w/ CLU & vice method [Cooling] Corsair H100i [Mobo] Asus Z97-A [GPU] MSI GTX 1070 SeaHawk X[RAM] G.Skill TridentX 2400 9-11-11-30 CR1 [PSU] Corsair 750M 

Looks like there going to have to "live" with it.........sorry

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000

It seem that those tweets aren't directed towards PC players who don't want to pay for online gaming, but the fact that Microsoft is still charging them for the same thing?

Honestly, I don't see anything wrong with that.

And is it just me or is that article very biased and blowing things out of proportion? "Furious" and "out of control", really?

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

Insert console present joke here

But seriously , yea Xbox live gold was a joke from the beginning anyways 60$ for something I don't even use lol

Please quote me or tag me if your trying to talk to me , I might see it through all my other notifications ^_^

Spoiler
Spoiler
the current list of dead cards is as follows 2 evga gtx 980ti acx 2.0 , 1 evga gtx 980 acx 2.0 1600mhz core 2100mhz ram golden chip card ... failed hardcore , 1 290x that caught fire , 1 hd 7950 .

may you all rest in peaces in the giant pc in the sky

"Is not logic." That one sentence made me laugh. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

This is expected but Microsoft will have to piss one group off no matter what they do, they either charge PC users for it and get little to no one who's willing to fork out for it or don't charge PC users for it and piss off the console players. I think that Microsoft would be making the right decision in not trying to charge PC users as it will never get adopted if they were to try it.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

i paid like 4 times the price of an xbox for my pc.. i dont think i need to pay any more..

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb