Nvidia just posted this on Twitter: This is TITAN X

Jobbe03

It'll beat the 980 for sure, but not enough for it's price tag (unless they surprise us) I upgraded my 670 4GB to the original Titan on it's launch, then what, 6 months later the 780Ti pretty much spanked it on price/performance. As long as the 980Ti comes out with 6gb VRAM I'll wait and have one of them.. 

J.

- AKA HACKJOE -

I would go as far as saying that it has nothing to do with ones economic status and all to do with priorities and common sense. For instance, I could easily afford a Titan X on launch if I wanted one but the fact is I can get similar (if not better) performance for gaming (as unless you are doing the like of seriously video rendering or 3D modeling/graphics you wont need the workstation aspect of this card) performance out of other single card options (980 or more than likely 390x) if not better for less than half the so far rumored price.

Now for a home workstation card it wouldn't' be half bad seeing the price of it compared to Firepro and Quaddro cards but if you are a professional (i.e. you are in a business needing workstation cards or own said business) you wouldn't buy this card as its too gimped compared to Firepro and Quaddro cards.

Even coming from me yes it is an overpriced gaming card as why would I spend upwards of 1000 USD when I could get similar if not better performance out of a 980 for 600 USD?

Do you even computer brah?

X-10 - 7980XE - Gigabyte Aorous Gaming 9 - 128GB GSkill TridentZ RGB - SLI Asus GTX 1080 TI Strix
Easy Desk GuideMalware Removal Guide - New mobo, Same OS Guide

As long as the 980Ti comes out with 6gb VRAM I'll wait and have one of them.. 

Given that we know that the 980 is already a fully unlocked GPU, what information do you have but are not sharing that makes you sure that there is even going to be a 980 Ti?

Given that we know that the 980 is already a fully unlocked GPU, what information do you have but are not sharing that makes you sure that there is even going to be a 980 Ti?

Sure, they are totally different GPUs with different specifications (GM200, vs GM204) 

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

Sure, they are totally different GPUs with different specifications (GM200, vs GM204) 

Source for Nvidia confirming this.

Source for Nvidia confirming this.

the CEO himself said that the GM200 has a larger die due to having 1.5X as many transistors as the 980 (8 billion for the Titan X)

Current Rig:   CPU: AMD 1950X @4Ghz. Cooler: Enermax Liqtech TR4 360. Motherboard:Asus Zenith Extreme. RAM: 8GB Crucial DDR4 3666. GPU: Reference GTX 970  SSD: 250GB Samsung 970 EVO.  HDD: Seagate Barracuda 7200.14 2TB. Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro. PSU: Corsair RM1000X. OS: Windows 10 Pro UEFI mode  (installed on SSD)

Peripherals:  Display: Acer XB272 1080p 240Hz G Sync Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Brown Mouse: Logitech G502 RGB Headhet: Roccat XTD 5.1 analogue

Daily Devices:Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact and 128GB iPad Pro

the CEO himself said that the GM200 has a larger die due to having 1.5X as many transistors as the 980 (8 billion for the Titan X)

Not sure how you get "GTX 980 Ti on GM 200 confirmed" from anything you've just said.

But, does it actually glow?

Probably just a sexy looking render. I doubt it will really glow

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

Hah, I knew it. Another overpriced release that holds back actual gaming GPUs. Don't get me wrong, it'll be interesting to see what GM 200 can actually do, but fuck the titan line-up.

I don't think they are really holding back but simply the fact that the 980ti, if there will be one, will be based on the Titan X design so its not like it really pushes back the realease of another GM 200 card if there is one in the consumer line-up.

If you are Nvidia and you probably pass multiple months on producing the strongest graphics card of its generation, you are going to wait to have a final 980ti? Your reasoning does not make sense to me.

Plus, with the architectural design of the Maxwell being much cheaper to produce than older generations, I dont see why the Titan X would cost more than 900$ at launch. Mind you, I am not saying this is cheap if you are only planning on gaming

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

THIS IS WHAT THE TITAN BLACK SHOULD HAVE LOOKED LIKE

I HOPE YOU FEEL BAD NVIDIA, SHAME ON YOU

/s

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Now for a home workstation card it wouldn't' be half bad seeing the price of it compared to Firepro and Quaddro cards but if you are a professional (i.e. you are in a business needing workstation cards or own said business) you wouldn't buy this card as its too gimped compared to Firepro and Quaddro cards.

I totally disagree I know tons of people that use Titans as workstation cards.(Even Linus uses Titans)

Unless you need to do color work ( or 16GB vram) a Titan is the better option and for color work a low end Quadro paired with a Titan is also a better option.

For 3D artists and game devs a Titan is the best card you can get.(I would buy one myself if I had the money)

RTX2070OC 

11.5 GB frame buffer*

Oh look, another one. Should we be like laughing and rolling on the floor? What would you like us to do?

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

I totally disagree I know tons of people that use Titans as workstation cards.(Even Linus uses Titans)

Unless you need to do color work ( or 16GB vram) a Titan is the better option and for color work a low end Quadro paired with a Titan is also a better option.

For 3D artists and game devs a Titan is the best card you can get.(I would buy one myself if I had the money)

I'm sure that the reason why Linus changed from a 590(?) to the Titan was because he wanted Game streaming. And a Titan just happened to be a spare card that they had that wasn't used for benching or anything.

For gaming don't count on it. Its a gimped workstation card, not a gaming card like Nvidia wants you to think.

I wasn;t expecting it to perform better in games, but the CUDA performance though.

Oh look, another one. Should we be like laughing and rolling on the floor? What would you like us to do?

To not be butthurt would be a GREAT start.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I hope Nvidia and AMD continue to try and outdo each other forever, competition is great for us consumers and keeps companies honest. If left to their own devices without any competition they wont care about whats best for us, they'll stick to focusing on the slowest release of technology possible to maximize profits with the smallest effort. 

To not be butthurt would be a GREAT start.

No one is butthurt here. Many people are posting this vram thing over and over again.

Corsair 760T White | Asus X99 Deluxe | Intel i7-5930k @ 4.4ghz | Corsair H110 | G.Skill Ripjawz 2400mhz | Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce G1 Gaming (1584mhz/8000mhz) | Corsair AX 760w | Samsung 850 pro | WD Black 1TB | IceModz Sleeved Cables | IceModz RGB LED pack

MAYBE two people here will buy one...

Like me :)

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

No one is butthurt here. Many people are posting this vram thing over and over again.

And? Oh it's not funny, but it's worth the time to pointlessly say how not funny it is, of course.

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

And? Oh it's not funny, but it's worth the time to pointlessly say how not funny it is, of course.

What do you propose in order to stop kind of comments? And is it worth the time to pointlessly argue with me? Of course right?

There is still no way it won't outperform the 980 easily. Just on pure GPU specs the stock Titan X will smash an overclocked 980. Then factor in how overclockable the Titan X will be due to die size, there's no contest.

It won't beat two of them though, and they'll still be cheaper than one TitanX.

Is 30-40% more performance than a 980 worth more than twice the price?  

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Unless Titan X is using stacked memory but they can't as thats AMD technology or has a 20nm GPU unlikely it seems 390x could still be faster and cheaper...maybe.

small table completely unconfirmed

Untitl1ed.jpg

Unless Titan X is using stacked memory but they can't as thats AMD technology or has a 20nm GPU unlikely it seems 390x could still be faster and cheaper...maybe.

small table completely unconfirmed

Untitl1ed.jpg

HBM is a JEDEC standard AMD only invested into Hynix in creating it. Nvidia can buy and use the same HBM from Hynix if they so choose.