Steam Hardware Analysis - February 2015

Prastupok

Intel HD will be more popular since the trend of "stream machine" is become more common than "htpc"

Intel really pushing their SoC solution to counter AMD APU strike (including kabini)

They still call AMD GPUs freaking ATI ? Really ?

ATI GPUs were best GPUs. AMD is just a pale imitation of the glory of ATI. 

FYI about HD4XXX graphics, laptops with switchable graphics have HD4XXX as the first GPU available and it is often what used to launch steam client on meanwhile games run on external graphics

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

FYI about HD4XXX graphics, laptops with switchable graphics have HD4XXX as the first GPU available and it is often what used to launch steam client on meanwhile games run on external graphics

It scans the entire device list, for instance it detected 2 separate GPUs on my system. It scans both.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

It scans the entire device list, for instance it detected 2 separate GPUs on my system. It scans both.

I didnt know that but still that works too.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

Damn amd with their price/ performance solutions and their sensible VRAM amount for cards.

Damn them all to hell!

Because HD Graphics can run CS:GO :D that's what Russians and Europe are playing in mostly....

Nope you can't, I couldn't achevie consastant 30FPS on my 4000HD with 800*600 and everything low.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

My favourite part is the OS breakdown.

post-385-0-06259400-1425488321.png

Windows at 95.68%, OS X at 3.23%, Linux at 1.02%.

But believe me guise, Steam OS is totally taking over any day now! This will finally be the year of the Linux on the desktop!!11!1

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

AMD bought ATI, some people refer to AMD graphics as ATI.

but what is .34% other.

Erm... Matrox? Not for gaming but for designed for multiple displays.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

Nope you can't, I couldn't achevie consastant 30FPS on my 4000HD with 800*600 and everything low.

I was getting 90-120 on medium-high, fxaa only at 1600x900.

It does dip lower.

I was getting 90-120 on medium-high, fxaa only at 1600x900.

Dafuq how ?? I was using a i5 3230M if that makes a difference.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

This isn't news.

We need to be comparing the price points of the Steam Machines with the consoles, present a united front against the unwashed, uneducated, and lazy masses that make up the fanboy user bases of both PS4 and Xbone. Those morons don't care (or probably know) who makes their hardware. Other than the brand name on the box.

Please note, I said fanboy, not the traitors who know better, but still buy consoles for the exclusives.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

We need to be comparing the price points of the Steam Machines with the consoles, present a united front against the unwashed, uneducated, and lazy masses that make up the fanboy user bases of both PS4 and Xbone. Those morons don't care (or probably know) who makes their hardware. Other than the brand name on the box.

Please note, I said fanboy, not the traitors who know better, but still buy consoles for the exclusives.

Wow..... I can afford both so I play both. So screw you

oTurGuG.jpg

I think the craziest part of this to me is always how many people are on low end hardware.  I wonder how AAA devs manage to make any money when even the high end hardware can struggle with their unoptimized trash.  Just goes to show how many people just play Dota2/CSGO and don't need a lot of horsepower.

My favourite part is the OS breakdown.

attachicon.gif osv.png

Windows at 95.68%, OS X at 3.23%, Linux at 1.02%.

But believe me guise, Steam OS is totally taking over any day now! This will finally be the year of the Linux on the desktop!!11!1

I'm just glad Linux is starting to become an *option*.  It's the kind of thing I was always curious about, but care too much about gaming to bother with it.  Unfortunately my library is still like 80% unsupported games, but maybe in a few years it might start to make sense.  (Might build a SteamOS HTPC)

4K // R5 3600 // RTX2080Ti

Erm... Matrox? Not for gaming but for designed for multiple displays.

why when AMD cards can go up to 24 displays off 1 card. ( the 6 DP cards)

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

why when AMD cards can go up to 24 displays off 1 card. ( the 6 DP cards)

I dunno. Maxtrox does have around 3 percent market share I think. 

More for corporations.

http://www.matrox.com/graphics/en/products/graphics_cards/

Multi-Display Solutions – Dual, Quad and Beyond

Dual, quad, and beyond—we work hard to find the optimal combination of fanless design, low power consumption, and best-of-breed 2D image quality to ensure high MTBF and long product life cycles. In addition, our unified display driver architecture ensures one driver package can be used to manage all Matrox cards for easy corporate deployment.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

i3 and shitty being used in the same sentence make me feel like this.

-snip-

xD

it makes you feel white and supremely angry?

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Dafuq how ?? I was using a i5 3230M if that makes a difference.

Being a iGPU it can drop considerably if there is frantic action. I can get some screenshots, but we'll see how lazy I feel. I do have a Low setting as well.

Running on I7-3615QM. 16GB Ram

Settings

Resolution 1600x900

Global Shadow Quality - High

Model / Texture Detail - High

Effect Detail - High

Shader Detail - Low

Multicore Rendering Enabled

MSAA - None

FXAA - Enabled

Texture Filtering Mode - Bilinear

I just noticed that after a ram upgrade (4 to16), frame rates increased quite a bit. 16GB is probably a bit much.

I should throw Valve a bone and log onto steam with my S1 Celeron's, I might just sway things a tiny bit.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Laptops are helping nvidia and Intel out a lot. That duo is a practical monopoly on the Top-End Gaming Notebook line.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

CPU, so confusing when they use green for AMD :D

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

I'm really surprised at the lack of Windows XP systems, the adoption rate for Windows 7 is astonishing. No wonder nobody gives a fuck about Windows 8.1 for gaming. 

I thought I was the only one who thought this,

If you want to know how good ATI was (or at least what their potential was) just look at where the ATi/AMD cards are today after a decade of being starved R+D money.

Nvidia are only slightly  better (arguably) and they have had no such buy outs or R+D cuts. 

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I'm really surprised at the lack of Windows XP systems, the adoption rate for Windows 7 is astonishing. No wonder nobody gives a fuck about Windows 8.1 for gaming. 

I helped some one yesterday upgrade from Windows 8.1 to the Windows 10 Tech preview, and the first words were about the start menu 'I missed you so much'.

I thought I was the only one who thought this,

If you want to know how good ATI was (or at least what their potential was) just look at where the ATi/AMD cards are today after a decade of being starved R+D money.

Nvidia are only slightly  better (arguably) and they have had no such buy outs or R+D cuts. 

If it wasn't for AMD, Ati would still be going strong, and more than likely Nvidia would still be just hanging on. Around 2000-2005 I very rarely saw a single laptop with an Nvidia GPU.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I think the craziest part of this to me is always how many people are on low end hardware.  I wonder how AAA devs manage to make any money when even the high end hardware can struggle with their unoptimized trash.  Just goes to show how many people just play Dota2/CSGO and don't need a lot of horsepower.

It also underscores what an echo chamber tech forums can be, when full of hardware enthusiasts talking about the horrors of CPU bottlenecks all the time. People with low-end hardware can play games, often better than most here would expect. And of course there can be different sets of performance/visual expectations.

On that note, 1024 MB of VRAM is the most common? How do these people even game?!  :lol: