Steam Hardware Analysis - February 2015

Prastupok

I helped some one yesterday upgrade from Windows 8.1 to the Windows 10 Tech preview, and the first words were about the start menu 'I missed you so much'.

If it wasn't for AMD, Ati would still be going strong, and more than likely Nvidia would still be just hanging on. Around 2000-2005 I very rarely saw a single laptop with an Nvidia GPU.

I would love to know what GPUs would be like today if Ati and 3dfx were still kicking.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

It's funny how AMD CPUs are represented in green. :P

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (9TB partition for general storage + 2TB partition for dumping ground), 4x 8TB WD White Label/Red (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

OptiPlex 7040M

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700, 2x16GB Mushkin Redline (stuck at 2133MHz CL13), 240GB Corsair MP510, 130w Dell power brick, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

i3 and shitty being used in the same sentence make me feel like this.

xD

I have an i3 laptop, and I can confirm it's shitty.

I would love to know what GPUs would be like today if Ati and 3dfx were still kicking.

Heck, even Diamond would be interesting. I know that they weren't the best, but at one point it was only them alongside Nvidia with Hardware T&L (however, Diamond's version had loads of issues-which were never fixed in drivers if my Stealth SIII is anything to go by).

I have an i3 laptop, and I can confirm it's shitty.

Duhhh, because its the laptop version of the i3-they always suck.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Heck, even Diamond would be interesting. I know that they weren't the best, but at one point it was only them alongside Nvidia with Hardware T&L (however, Diamond's version had loads of issues-which were never fixed in drivers if my Stealth SIII is anything to go by).

Duhhh, because its the laptop version of the i3-they always suck.

I remember T&L, from memory you needed a gf2 400 to play BF1942.  I was pissed because I had a voodoo 3500, and it wouldn't work.  That was my first experience with obsolescence on a more expensive scale.

Grammar and spelling is not indicative of intelligence/knowledge.  Not having the same opinion does not always mean lack of understanding.  

I remember T&L, from memory you needed a gf2 400 to play BF1942.  I was pissed because I had a voodoo 3500, and it wouldn't work.  That was my first experience with obsolescence on a more expensive scale.

I actually have a gf2 400X, but its never worked for me.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Is the steam hardware data gathering program optional, or on by default?

I have not added my rig to their survey. If they're gathering this info without my knowledge I'd like to know how.

Is the steam hardware data gathering program optional, or on by default?

I have not added my rig to their survey. If they're gathering this info without my knowledge I'd like to know how.

It asks you when you first install steam whether they can collect data about your rig or not.

So yes, it's optional, but I don't know whether you clicked yes or no when it asked you the first time, lol.