What is the highest end amd cpu

WOWOWOWOWOWOWOW

there's nothing wrong with a 9590 

The price and TDP is the problems.

It uses 220 watts..

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Well what did you expect, it'd explode or not function? Ofc it "works". It's just a terrible bargain.

that I do agree with you but still nothing wrong

The price and TDP is the problems.

It uses 220 watts..

Price yea.....  also the 220 is like $5 more a year so thats not a problem

It's funny cause I used just about every cpu at my job and I would always use intel until one of my co workers made me use his amd systems and I saw there's nothing wrong with them except they run a little hot and are older but can still keep up after so many years

I almost always recommend AMD, But i would Never advice anyone to get something higher from AMD than a 8350, Since that is where the price/performance becomes bad.

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Price yea.....  also the 220 is like $5 more a year so thats not a problem

With the amount of cooling needed you could overclock a 8350 and get the same performance.

My Gaming PC

Trust me, Im an Engineer

I almost always recommend AMD, But i would Never advice anyone to get something higher from AMD than a 8350, Since that is where the price/performance becomes bad.

thats why I try to go from athlon/pentium g3258 < fx 6300/8350 < i7 

I would honestly buy an 9590 just for the sake of having it.

That's a valid reason too. There are a lot of computer hardware collectors that like having stuff like that even if it doesnt get used :P

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You should really try it out though, back at my old job where I had to build system before I came up here for school I used to say the same thing but there's really not much of a difference 

What difference are you talking about?

a 4690k is better at gaming and a 1231v3 is better at rendering, and a 4790k is better at both, and then theres the X99 processors which just crush it

plus the 9590 can barely be overclocked at all since its already at 5GHz and it has a TDP of almost 3x an i7

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

What difference are you talking about?

a 4690k is better at gaming and a 1231v3 is better at rendering, and a 4790k is better at both, and then theres the X99 processors which just crush it

plus the 9590 can barely be overclocked at all since its already at 5GHz and it has a TDP of almost 3x an i7

Are you going of benchmarks are something or have you actually used it?  

OP wants to know what the highest end AMD processor is? 

Opteron 6386 SE. 

AMD processors does have attractive prices, the 6386SE at 16 cores only cost $1,400. Xeons on the other hand will cost twice as much, like the E5-2697 v3 a 14 cores at $2,800 dollars.

6386SE

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5047092&SRCCODE=WEBGOOPA&scid=scplp1908044&gclid=CKHU5dbOjMQCFVc6gQod41QArA

2697 v3

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117470

There is also a 12 core for $400 bucks

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819113304

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

9590 is just an overclocked 8320

Core I7 5960X / Gigabyte X99 SOC Force / Kingston 16GB DDR4 3000 / EVGA GTX 980 Classified's In Quad SLI / EVGA 1600W G2

Core I7 6700K / Asus Z170 Maximus VIII Hero / Corsair 16GB DDR4 3000 / MSI R9 290X Lightning / EVGA 1600W T2

Are you going of benchmarks are something or have you actually used it?  

Benchmarks already exist showing what a pile of garbage that processor is. 

There are very few instances where this processor will outperform a 4690k at stock. People look for value when they spend their money, and this processor isn't value oriented. 

Benchmarks already exist showing what a pile of garbage that processor is. 

There are very few instances where this processor will outperform a 4690k at stock. People look for value when they spend their money, and this processor isn't value oriented. 

Benchmarks show nothing to what it can do that's why Im defending it,  I would rather go for an intel cpu yes but there is so much hate against it.  I use to say the same thing until I had the chance to use that cpu at work

Yes it fucking does. Stop your ignorant debate please.

Wow I see, just another hater around,  it was nice passing time during classes here  :D

Meanwhile the systems I get to use at work 9590, 5960x, e5-2699/2697 :P and way to many slow pentiums and celerons  

Wow I see, just another hater around,  it was nice passing time during classes here  :D

Meanwhile the systems I get to use at work 9590, 5960x, e5-2699/2697 :P and way to many slow pentiums and celerons  

Nothing to do with hating or fanboyism. You just flatout refute benchmarks for no apparent reason. Ofcourse someone is going to call you out on it.

If you go to west baltimore and shout the N-word, youll get your ass kicked. You're going to call them "haters" aswell? Cause and effect.

Nothing to do with hating or fanboyism. You just flatout refute benchmarks for no apparent reason. Ofcourse someone is going to call you out on it.

If you go to west baltimore and shout the N-word, youll get your ass kicked. You're going to call them "haters" aswell? Cause and effect.

Just saying you should try it out, I only defend things I have used and had personal experience with.  Also west Baltimore is nothing try growing up in Compton and see what the real danger is see who really kick's who's ass

Benchmarks show nothing to what it can do that's why Im defending it,  I would rather go for an intel cpu yes but there is so much hate against it.  I use to say the same thing until I had the chance to use that cpu at work

Benchmarks show nothing? 

Jesus Christ. We mine as well tell linus & co. that all his videos with benchmarks are useless. 

This is seriously the dumbest thing I've heard on this forum.

There is no hate on for AMD either. People who make decisions off of factual evidence will all agree that the 9590 is not a good choice in almost any circumstance. 

There is a reason people crave benchmarks. It's so they can make informed decisions. 

Benchmarks show nothing? 

Jesus Christ. We mine as well tell linus & co. that all his videos with benchmarks are useless. 

This is seriously the dumbest thing I've heard on this forum.

Wait quick question?

you do realize im not talking about gaming right?  

Wait quick question?

you do realize im not talking about gaming right?  

Benchmarks test all aspects of the processor with multiple applications. 

I seriously don't understand what your trying to do here... 

Benchmarks test all aspects of the processor with multiple applications. 

I seriously don't understand what your trying to do here... 

Ok at work the 4 systems with 9590's can do some of the same renderings as the i5 4690k's.  We use a lot of 3d rendering software but what we do see differences are with the systems with i7's and xeon's.  The 9590's were older systems that have stayed around and can still keep up.  Also benchmarks can help but remember not all parts are the same, sometimes you can hit the silicone lottery and other you got the crap out of the pile so that's why I just use them as an estimate now and not not go solely off them.  

Ok at work the 4 systems with 9590's can do some of the same renderings as the i5 4690k's.  We use a lot of 3d rendering software but what we do see differences are with the systems with i7's and xeon's.  The 9590's were older systems that have stayed around and can still keep up.  Also benchmarks can help but remember not all parts are the same, sometimes you can hit the silicone lottery and other you got the crap out of the pile so that's why I just use them as an estimate now and not not go solely off them.  

You are missing the point. Of course the systems with 9590's will be able to do the same renderings as a 4690k. No one here is saying that the processor itself is a bad performer. I'm just saying that for the price point, and value, the 9590 is just not worth it when you compare it to the competition. 

Silicone lottery? Who said anything about this? 

Overclock potential on a 9590 is terrible anyways. You're talking out of your ass.