How to get a console peasant into pc gaming?

So I have a problem That a lot of you pc gamers probably have No friends that are pc gamers (or it could just be me idk). my brother has a xbone and the xbox 360 and i'e played them before and i don't really like them. I've always wanted to have a lan party but all my friends play on their penis stations 4s and xbones. i think i had one friend that was ever really into pc gaming. in fact he was the one who inspired me to build my own pc. has anyone got a console peasant into pc gaming.

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

So I have a problem That a lot of you pc gamers probably have No friends that are pc gamers (or it could just be me idk). my brother has a xbone and the xbox 360 and i'e played them before and i don't really like them. I've always wanted to have a lan party but all my friends play on their penis stations 4s and xbones. i think i had one friend that was ever really into pc gaming. in fact he was the one who inspired me to build my own pc. has anyone got a console peasant into pc gaming.

You break their console, slap them, and show them the steam summer sale.

Don't actually do that.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

First off, don't call them those things.  Respect the consoles.  Second, yes, I have.  You discuss the pros and cons.  If they agree to get a PC, good, if they don't, don't force them.  Everybody has a preference.  Maybe mention that you can use any controller on PC, the fact that it's cheaper, and that you can use it with a TV.

QUOTE ME OR I PROBABLY WON'T SEE YOUR RESPONSE 

My Setup:

Desktop

Spoiler

CPU: Ryzen 9 3900X  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15  Motherboard: Asus Prime X370-PRO  RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @3200MHz  GPU: EVGA RTX 2080 FTW3 ULTRA (+50 core +400 memory)  Storage: 1050GB Crucial MX300, 1TB Crucial MX500  PSU: EVGA Supernova 750 P2  Chassis: NZXT Noctis 450 White/Blue OS: Windows 10 Professional  Displays: Asus MG279Q FreeSync OC, LG 27GL850-B

Main Laptop:

Spoiler

Laptop: Sager NP 8678-S  CPU: Intel Core i7 6820HK @ 2.7GHz  RAM: 32GB DDR4 @ 2133MHz  GPU: GTX 980m 8GB  Storage: 250GB Samsung 850 EVO M.2 + 1TB Samsung 850 Pro + 1TB 7200RPM HGST HDD  OS: Windows 10 Pro  Chassis: Clevo P670RG  Audio: HyperX Cloud II Gunmetal, Audio Technica ATH-M50s, JBL Creature II

Thinkpad T420:

Spoiler

CPU: i5 2520M  RAM: 8GB DDR3  Storage: 275GB Crucial MX30

I'm totally with @theloveablemoose here, if you're going to insult them they're just going to think the community is a bunch of a-holes and then they'll never play on PC. Just inform them on why PC is better and let them make up their minds . 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Stop calling them peasants for a start.

This.

And if they are not interested.. Don't bother. You'll just be a massive pompous elitist

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

Don't do what I said above, I was just being cheeky.

Let people play what they want. Trying to control people makes them not want to be your friend anymore.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Best way to do it, is to build them a PC from scrap parts, from the hard rubbish or something and let them see how amazing it is even just with something that you and them paid nothing for. You could even buy the GPU so as to make it even better.

This is how I got my mate who played PS3 and PS3 only into PC gaming, now he hardly touches consoles, except when he recently bought a PS4 because he wanted to buy the Last of Us, and Little Big Planet 3.

The first step to insanity is believing in your sanity.

I usually start by treating them with at least a modicum of respect... Not calling them "peasents" usually helps.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

show them arma or dayz in full graphics near water or ass creed with ultra while sailing with a ship

I didn't know what to put here...

Buy them a PC.

Or try to get them interested in (primarily) PC games.

Such as Skyrim, Counter Strike, League of legends, etc.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Remind them that friends don't let friends use consoles.

Atom14 [Corsair] i5-4690K | Corsair H110i GT | MSI Z97S SLI Krait | 16 GB Team Group DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB X2 | EVGA SuperNOVA 850W 80+ Gold | Corsair K95 RGB | Corsair M65 RGB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 980Ti

Corsair KXX RGB Keyboard Cover Mod Make your own using my templates!

hey without concoles gaming wouldnt be wear it is now

Make a $500 pc and prove it is better

lol the problem is that i dont just have $500 laying around

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

I had the exact same problem with my friends and what i did was xplain to them every single reason about why PC was better, I told them why I played on pc and y they should. I then told him 'bout how he could get a good deal with selling his console... The week after he was gaming with me on his pre built ccl gaming PC. :)

I got my console peasant friends into PC gaming so sit down and learn:

1. Set up a console on the same screen as the PC run the same game on the PC and console and blow their mind with the graphics.
2. Make the math. (Show them that in the long run you will pay them same or be cheaper as you save money on the games and online service and you won't need a second bad PC on the side next to your console)
3. Show them Steam and it's features from in-home streaming, to in-game browser, to community groups. (Also Steam SALES!!!)
4. Show them the GTX480 video from Linus to kill off any believes that they have about needing to upgrade all the time.
5. Make a built in something like Part Picker for them and offer them to help in the building process.(Or use one of the online stores that built it for a fee)
6. Show them that they can play everything on the same PC from really old games to brand new games.
7. Have fun playing with your friends ;)

RTX2070OC 

I don't know how to but I have one tip on how NOT TO:

Don't let him play LoL/Dota (too much aids in there) or CS:GO Multiplayer (he wouldn't be able to walk out of spawn without dying haha.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE