COD AW: Exo Zombies and Havoc DLC Delayed until March for yes you probably guessed it, PC.

WelshDdraig

Yes, Title says it all.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare's developers Sledgehammer Games have had to delay the launch of the first DLC for AW: Havoc on the PC.

Sledgehammer recently posted on their Facebook page, Sledgehammer stated,

We have encountered an unexpected issue with the PC release for Call of Duty: ‎AdvancedWarfare's first DLC content pack, "Havoc," and we’re holding its release until March 3rd

As a kind gesture, Sledgehammer have turned on Double XP for people who wish to play the PC version of the game.

The DLC is said to have been postponed to March, although no precise date has been given. - sorry, missed the date being given as March 3rd

The Havoc DLC launched to day on the PS3/PS4 successfully without any known issues.

The Havoc DLC is to contain the following items:

• Core,
  • Urban,
  • Sideshow,
  • Drift and
  • Exo Zombies mode
  • Along with some exclusive weapons

My Thoughts?

I am personally not OK with this. I was excited for this COD as it seemed enjoyable to me as it had new game mechanics. I bought the Season Pass for the DLC. I know Microsoft would have the DLC first as they have an agreement with Activation, but surly if there was an issue to be found, that could have been sorted after the Xbox launch and not a whole month behind. Yes, I understand the devs don't want to ship a broken game, but it really feels like modern games are pushing for more consoles than PC. 

I know its about COD, but please, I would like to know your thoughts down below.

Source: http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/gaming/560765/Call-of-Duty-Advanced-Warfare-PS4-Havoc-PC-delay-Exo-Zombies

EDIT: Let me state my opinion. While yes, I'm not happy, I would rarther them delay it to fix it. My gripe is the fact that this issue was found so late, I'm thinking it should have been found sooner than the launch day and given more notice if it is to be delayed.

Ryze of the Phoenix: 
CPU:      AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 4.15GHz
Ram:      64GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 @ 3200Mhz (Samsung B-Die & Nanya Technology)
GPU:      MSI RTX 3060 12GB Aero ITX
Storage: Crucial P3 1TB NVMe Gen 4 SSD, 1TB Crucial MX500, Spinning Rust (7TB Internal, 16TB External - All in-use),
PSU:      Cooler Master MWE Gold 750w V2 PSU (Thanks LTT PSU Tier List)
Cooler:   BeQuite! Prue Rock 2 Black Edition
Case:     ThermalTake Versa J22 TG

Passmark 10 Score: 6096.4         CPU-z Score: 4189 MT         Unigine Valley (DX11 @1080p Ultra): 5145         CryEngine Neon Noir (1080p Ultra): 9579

Audio Setup:                  Scarlett 2i2, AudioTechnica AT2020 XLR, Mackie CR3 Monitors, Sennheiser HD559 headphones, HyperX Cloud II Headset, KZ ES4 IEM (Cyan)

Laptop:                            MacBook Pro 2017 (Intel i5 7360U, 8GB DDR3, 128GB SSD, 2x Thunderbolt 3 Ports - No Touch Bar) Catalina & Boot Camp Win10 Pro

Primary Phone:               Xiaomi Mi 11T Pro 5G 256GB (Snapdragon 888)

Is it a fad to delay PC releases now?

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I'm crap at zombies. 

Probably would be even worse in this version.

But advanced warfare is fun. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

No one gives a shit about CoD. The game itself is a poor console port, got it for 12€ on g2a. Lasted for 2 weeks.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

People who complain about this have NO right to whine when Ubisoft releases a broken piece of crap. Either you want them to wait until it's done, or you don't want them to wait and would rather they release it earlier before it's finished. You can't have it both ways.

People who complain about this have NO right to whine when Ubisoft releases a broken piece of crap. Either you want them to wait until it's done, or you don't want them to wait and would rather they release it earlier before it's finished. You can't have it both ways.

Do you agree with the repeated gta V delays for example?

The game has been delayed 4 times.

Just Wondering .

The important feature, in fact the only feature that would make drop a single fucking cent on this game, is dedicated servers. I am not going back to a CoD game without em after MW2 and it's disgraceful and unplayable fucking hackfest.

-------

Current Rig

-------

Just Wondering .

I don't know anything about the nature of the delays since I haven't been keeping up with it, but I doubt I'd mind. I waited 12 years for SCII and didn't mind that :P I'm a very patient person.

But when devs delay a game it's not an arbitrary decision and they don't just sit on their hands for an extra month or whatever. Delays aren't just for the sake of delaying it, there's a problem that needs to be fixed. But people whine whether or not they release it and then fix it, or fix it and then release it, which is just plain juvenile. And sometimes people wonder why companies start becoming deaf to their customers when they're in the business long enough.

AMEN! 

Tired of this "ERMAGHERD WHY THEY NO RELEASE IT NOWWWW" mentality of gamers. They complain about the games more than they play the games these days. People need to either commit to complaining about one side or just learn how to be patient. 

Companies are delaying products specifically to iron out bugs and we are complaining that they didn't just release a broken version so that we could complain about how broken it was? 

That just sounds stupid. 

Just Wondering .

You missed what he said entirely. 

You either get to enjoy broken releases OR you get to deal with delays while the games/updates/DLCs get fixed. 

You don't get to bitch when the DLC gets delayed AND THEN bitch when games are rushed. Not how life works. One or the other.  

THIS, which is why i couldn't believe how many people complained about the gta 5 delays yeah it sucks, but its not like they fucking robbed you god damn wallet and tell you to fuck off, yes its going to be more that a year and a half after the original release but im not going to rip them a new one until its out and we can determine if its a shit port or not, if it sucks im all aboard on the hate train but until it does im not going to shit them for not releasing a buggy crap if that's the reason with the delays

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

You either get to enjoy broken releases OR you get to deal with delays while the games/updates/DLCs get fixed. 

Pretty much the BF4 release. Everything is spic and span now. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Yess Zombies.. I would love to play it but lack of dedicated servers, hackers, bad optimization is stopping me. 

Why can't you people make it on PC then port it to console...?

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Why can't you people make it on PC then port it to console...?

They make games on PCs, always have. They debug and optimize heavily for the consoles first because guess which two platforms outdo the PC for them? 

This is on the topic of GTA V, but I think there is a good reason it's being delayed. Just imagine if GTA V was released, not being optimized/running like complete garbage, as well as being buggy as hell,. Just think about how much backlash they will get from PC gamers after being delayed 4 times-. 

|CPU: Intel 5960X|MOBO:Rampage V Extreme|GPU:EVGA 980Ti SC 2 - Way SLI|RAM:G-Skill 32GB|CASE:900D|PSU:CorsairAX1200i|DISPLAY :Dell U2412M X3|SSD Intel 750 400GB, 2X Samsung 850 Pro|

Peripherals : | MOUSE : Logitech G602 | KEYBOARD: K70 RGB (Cherry MX Brown) | NAS: Synology DS1515+  - WD RED 3TB X 5|ROUTER: AC68U

Sound : | HEADPHONES: Sennheiser HD800 SPEAKERS: B&W CM9 (Front floorstanding) ,  B&W CM Center 2 (Centre) | AV RECEIVER : Denon 3806 | MY X99 BUILD LOG!

Developing for consoles first to appeal the majority, and PC's last because who gives a shit about a morsel of sales. And even given that time difference, PC ports are sometimes still unpolished, sloppy, lacking of essential features, or almost entirely broken.

I think you assume that people "complain" about having to wait a few weeks for DLC because it needs to be patched. No, people take issue with console exclusivity, where money is paid to get DLC delivered to a certain platform first. (edit: Which, by the way, I know is not happening in this instance.)

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

It is a new console cycle so it looks like PC gamers are back to being second class citizens in the eyes of large developers/publishers.

They wonder why they have less and less PC players every year.. 

CPU: i7 5820k @4.4GHz | MoboMSI MPower X99A | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Quad Channel Corsair LP | GPU: EVGA 1080 FTW Case: Define R5 Black Window | OS: Win 10 Pro

Storage: SanDisk Ultra II 960GB 2x WD Red 4TB | PSU: EVGA 750W G2 | Display:Acer XF270HU + Dell U2515H | Cooling: Phanteks PH-TC14PE

Keyboard: Ducky One  TKL Browns | Mouse: Steel Series Rival 300 | Sound: DT990s

This game is good but no having dedicated servers and anticheat measures is pointless for pc, unless you are the few people who enjoys the deep campaing plot.

This game is good but no having dedicated servers and anticheat measures is pointless for pc, unless you are the few people who enjoys the deep campaing plot.

The game has dedicated servers but they are awful. P2P is better then the servers they use.

ܝܘܚܢܢ ܒܝܬ ܐܦܪܝܡ : Planning Stages.

i7 4790K | MSI Krait | 480 GB SSD | R9 295 x2 | Phanteks Enthoo Primo | Watercooled

This is on the topic of GTA V, but I think there is a good reason it's being delayed. Just imagine if GTA V was released, not being optimized/running like complete garbage, as well as being buggy as hell,. Just think about how much backlash they will get from PC gamers after being delayed 4 times-. 

I don't know anything about the nature of the delays since I haven't been keeping up with it, but I doubt I'd mind. I waited 12 years for SCII and didn't mind that :P I'm a very patient person.

But when devs delay a game it's not an arbitrary decision and they don't just sit on their hands for an extra month or whatever. Delays aren't just for the sake of delaying it, there's a problem that needs to be fixed. But people whine whether or not they release it and then fix it, or fix it and then release it, which is just plain juvenile. And sometimes people wonder why companies start becoming deaf to their customers when they're in the business long enough.

So what about Diablo 3?  We all waited over a decade, got 2 delays, and the game was still buggy as all get out.  You were lucky if you could log on the first week.  Hell, it took Blizzard until their first expansion pack and a divorce from Activision to actually "finish" the game.  And there still isn't a proper PVP mode!!

PC: CPU - FX 8350 @4.5 Ghz | GPU - 3x R9 290 @1100 core/1300 memory | Motherboard - Asus Crosshair V Formula Z | RAM - 16 GB Mushkin Redline 1866 Mhz | PSU - Corsair AX 860w | SSD - ADATA SX900 256 GB | HDD - Seagate 3TB 7200RPM | CPU Cooler - Noctua NH D-14 | Case - Cooler Master HAF Stacker 935

Peripherals: Monitor - ASUS VN248H-P IPS | Keyboard - Corsair K70 | Mouse - Corsair M65 | Headphones - ASUS ROG Orion Pro

Just Wondering .

I do, I don't like that its delayed but I am not mad at them for it. they can take as long as it takes. GTA5 has taken 6 years with over 1000 people working on it. so its no simple task to whip out a game like that. I feel like most people do not understand the amount of man hours go into making a game.

if you want to annoy me, then join my teamspeak server ts.benja.cc

It's just cod.

We have much better fps on PC.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...