Noctua Fans (Black)

-Apache-

Edit: Added a picture so you guys wouldn't need to search for the look :)

TASTE THE RAINBOW

Or you could just dye the current noctuas 

Unfortunately you can only dye in a colour that is darker than the original colour, and there may even be some distortions. Works for some, not everyone. Black will work for almost everyone and you can just spray paint the frame if you don't like brown.

Budget Noctuas? Yes please!

They will be around 30$ each, so more than the NF-F12 ^^

They will run at 2000rpm and are for industrial use -> Jet turbine, far from quiet, and more expensive than something like NF-F12 ^^

Frost upon these cigarettes.... lipstick on the window pane...

Wanted to see who's hyped for the black edition of noctua fans, noctua are also making them anywhere between 5~20% cheaper. There are going to be variants of popular Noctua fans, such as the 140 mm NF-A14, S12A, A6, A4, etc. This is all going to be under there "Project Redux". I for one cannot wait! :3

Here's a nice teaser photo for anyone wanting to know the look of these fans;

I hope I can help clear up a little confusion here:

Noctua will release black fans, these are designed for industrial use (whatever that constitutes), will sport tougher materials for a more rugged build quality, a new motor design for better running, better water and dust protection and a significantly higher fan speed. I'm guessing that the geometries of the fan will change as well to suit the higher speeds, but like I said, that is just guess work. My thinking is that anyone who would want black Noctua fans in their silence optimized computer won't get a fan that is as good as a regular Noctua (and then, what's the point?)

Noctua will aslo release some of their most popular fans in a more cost friendly edition under Project Redux. These offerings will most likely do away with all the extras (LNAs, T-splitters, etc. etc.) that one gets when buying a normal Noctua fan. To differentiate these fans from the normal (premium) Noctuas, these fans will sport a different color scheme, and the Noctua colors will be replaced with two different shades of grey.

Uhh no thanks.  You get what you pay for with fans.  The market is already saturated with cheap, black fans.

only thing these are not cheap fsns they would be quality 

(1) high frame rate (2) ultra graphics settings (3) cheap...>> choose only two<<...

if it's never been done then i'm probably tryna do it. (((((((Bass so low it HERTZ)))))))

I really can not wait for them, the color scheme was the only thing keeping me from buying them.

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

This is awesome. If Noctua started with this colour scheme, everything would have been a joy.

If you want to join a really cool Discord chatroom with some great guys here from LTT and outside this community then PM me!

I, for one, am not a big fan of the whole "Noctua going block colour scheme" thing. I like the fact that now, when you put Noctua's in your system, you're making a statement. A statement that says "I don't care that they don't look as awesome or aren't cheap, I care about performance the most." That's a way of thinking I hold dear, putting function before design. Any modifications that are not contributing to better performance/acoustics/cooling are less important than modifications that are.

Noctua will release black fans, these are designed for industrial use (whatever that constitutes), will sport tougher materials for a more rugged build quality, a new motor design for better running, better water and dust protection and a significantly higher fan speed. I'm guessing that the geometries of the fan will change as well to suit the higher speeds, but like I said, that is just guess work. My thinking is that anyone who would want black Noctua fans in their silence optimized computer won't get a fan that is as good as a regular Noctua (and then, what's the point?)

Noctua will aslo release some of their most popular fans in a more cost friendly edition under Project Redux. These offerings will most likely do away with all the extras (LNAs, T-splitters, etc. etc.) that one gets when buying a normal Noctua fan. To differentiate these fans from the normal (premium) Noctuas, these fans will sport a different color scheme, and the Noctua colors will be replaced with two different shades of grey.

This is what I heard as well. I think the black Noctua's would be mostly meant for server environments?

Or you could just dye the current noctuas 

I'm doing this (one is on the way for pre-dye testing).

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

But your talking about an ETA of late this year or next year right?

Home Machine:

Ryzen 5900x Processor - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

ASUS PG348Q Monitor -- Samsung 34" TV -  1080ti Card

NAS:

Ryzen 5600x - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

Hot Swap 3u - Redundant Power

But your talking about an ETA of late this year or next year right?

They aim to have Redux ready for Q4 this year, I don't know about the black ones

Great, then I'm looking forward to faster higher max rpm fans that can perform when needed.  $30 might be a bit steep, but if they can run from 600 - 2000+rpm like the antec ones that came with my Khuler (can't buy those fans anywhere!!!), I might get a couple to replace the fans on my server (I hate the slow fans that came with my Lian Li case).  

rant alert

As far as I'm concerned, even if a company has great designs in the product (like aerodynamics, electronics, sound control), they don't always use the best physical material (plastics, motors, etc).  Reminds me of Sennheiser, they make great audio reproduction in their headphone.. but their damn crappy plastic everywhere!

To me, the whole "silent computing" thing is an excuse to not produce fans with higher rpm limit / range.  Good to see Noctua is sticking with real engineering.

My Rigs (past and present)

Budget noctuas are different. The black ones are more expensive as they are.not for consumers as far as I can tell

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

i love noctuas

these look so freaking awesome!

Do these really look that awsome though? The black nf-f12 looks like thr stock corsaor h100 fan

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Do these really look that awsome though? The black nf-f12 looks like thr stock corsaor h100 fan

They look different. :P You just can't tell.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Hope that these black Noctua fans will be more affordable! Probably going to change my fans on my computer if these fans are very affordable! :)

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Any idea of when they gonna be released?

Totally can't wait! I'll grab at least 5 of them as soon as they are available.

They look different. :P You just can't tell.

no they pretty much look the same. all the black color scheme did was make the fans look like some 5 dollar OEM fan. They should have used a gold color scheme or something. black noctuas dont look that good.

It is a shame that a lot of these companies make these great product but make them in these ugly colors, this black is much better but it would be nice to see different colors.

-Corsair 750D - MSI Mpower Z77 - 3570k @ 4.21 -Corsair H60- 8GB Corsair Vengeance 2133 Mhz- Corsair RM850 - MSI 780 Lightning -256GB SSD- 2 1TB HDDs - LG 23' Flatron - Razer Death Adder - Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Blue - Logitech z506 5.1-

Project - Bloody Lightning

I honestly don't get the hype with noctua fans....

3930k | RIVBE | 32GB Dominator Plat. | Titan XP | Intel 750 1.6TB | Mellanox 10Gb NIC | AX1200i 

Custom TJ07 | 2xD5 pumps | EK Supremacy EVO | EK Titan XP | EK RIVBE Block | Cu Tubing | 25x120mm Rad

Samsung U28D590D 4K | Leopold Otaku w/Browns | Corsair M65 | Corsair SP2500 | Sennheiser HD595

I honestly don't get the hype with noctua fans....

neither do I...