Noctua Fans (Black)

-Apache-

I really find this funny that so many of the people on the forum is jumping on this bandwagon for the black Noctua fans. They don't even know if it's going to be for consumers and most of the people who do buy Noctua fans is for their quiet design. These fans have been stated that they are going to be 2000RPM and there is nothing showing that they will be silent optimized. But that doesn't mean that they might have those those features. I think that the fans should be released first before anyone gets so excited about because there will be people who will

1. Be angry that they weren't for consumers

Or

2. Are not silent because they didn't read that it was 2000RPM and just bought them anyway and will probably rage.

CPU: Intel core i5 3570 Motherboard: Gigabyte-H77-DS3H Case: Fractal Design Define R4 Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB  GPU: MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 16GB  PSU: Seasonic G Series 550W

Acer Aspire S7 Overview Sennheiser PC360

I really find this funny that so many of the people on the forum is jumping on this bandwagon for the black Noctua fans. They don't even know if it's going to be for consumers and most of the people who do buy Noctua fans is for their quiet design. These fans have been stated that they are going to be 2000RPM and there is nothing showing that they will be silent optimized. But that doesn't mean that they might have those those features. I think that the fans should be released first before anyone gets so excited about because there will be people who will

1. Be angry that they weren't for consumers

Or

2. Are not silent because they didn't read that it was 2000RPM and just bought them anyway and will probably rage.

They are 2000 RPM? That's unfortunate, but Noctuas have good bearings and PWM controllers; you can probably downvolt or PWM them down to a lower RPM without much of a problem.

When I build a pc tricked out with all noctuas now that I have a white and black theme in my head.

Current System: CPU - I5-6500 | Motherboard - ASRock H170M-ITX/ac | RAM - Mushkin Blackline 16GB DDR4 @ 2400mHz | GPU - EVGA 1060 3GB | Case - Fractal Design Nano S | Storage - 250GB 850 EVO, 3TB Barracuda | PSU - EVGA 450W 80+ Bronze | Display - AOC 22" 1080p IPS | Cooling - Phanteks PH-TC12DX_BK | Keyboard - Cooler Master QuickFire Rapid(MX Blues) | Mouse - Logitech G602 | Sound - Schiit Stack | Operating System - Windows 10

The OG System: I3-2370M @ 2.4 GHz, 750GB 5400 RPM HDD, 8GB RAM @1333Mhz, Lenovo Z580 Laptop (Ubuntu 16.04 LTS).

Peripherals: G602, AKG 240, Sennheiser HD 6XX, Audio-Technica 2500, Oneplus 5T, Odroid C2(NAS).

When I build a pc tricked out with all noctuas now that I have a white and black theme in my head.

this isn't for consumers. 

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

They are so nice. either those or gelid wings.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

Noctua fans at 2000rpm? Bye bye watercooling, hello subzero air cooling. :P

But seriously, I'm probably gonna replace all of my current fans with these ones and run them at 800rpm. Crank it up to 1600 for folding or gaming maybe?

Edit: If they turn out NOT being available for everyone, I'm going to be one sad panda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." Edgar Allan Poe

@natkoui

2000RPM?! I hope they undervolt well then

"Everybody wants a happy ending, right? But it doesn’t always roll that way." - TS

Not me, no offense to them

I prefer there look before lol

I don't know why people dislike them :P

If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss

With those chocolate brown rubber things, the fans are doberman colored.

I think you can remove them but they could have made them black, why do they HAVE to make them look ugly one way or another :lol:.

Am I the only one that doesn't really like how those look? The current NF-F12s look better to me.

Exactly what om saying. The black noctua fans look stupid
Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I think you can remove them but they could have made them black, why do they HAVE to make them look ugly one way or another :lol:.

They're not fixed to the fan, they are just held in place by friction. so they're really easy to take off. I actually like the look of them.

Exactly what om saying. The black noctua fans look stupid

I think they look awesome. Absolutely awesome. 

Yes, these look very different from a normal fan. All the technologies that they've added (such as the ripples in the fan blades, the rings around the edge that are steps, etc) make it look very awesome to me.

I love it.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

no they pretty much look the same. all the black color scheme did was make the fans look like some 5 dollar OEM fan. They should have used a gold color scheme or something. black noctuas dont look that good.

but the performance is different. AND it fits with most builds

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

I will buy 2 of these industrial fans from Noctua when they are released for my H100 60$ is all I'm willing to spend for fans and honestly I'm only doing that because people say that Noctua fans are the best. 

That being said I don't understand peoples obsession with a quiet fans.    

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

I will buy 2 of these industrial fans from Noctua when they are released for my H100 60$ is all I'm willing to spend for fans and honestly I'm only doing that because people say that Noctua fans are the best.

That being said I don't understand peoples obsession with a quiet fans.

IF u dont understand juat get delta fans... silence is important

IF u dont understand juat get delta fans... silence is important

Well some people like silence I can't stand it. I have to sleep with a 20" box fan on for the noise to go to sleep. So I guess loud PC fans don't bother me as much.

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1

They're not fixed to the fan, they are just held in place by friction. so they're really easy to take off. I actually like the look of them.

Yeah, that's what I said, but why did they have to make them brown? :D.

Yeah, that's what I said, but why did they have to make them brown? :D.

It's definitely cheaper to just use the same rubber things that are on their current fans, than to make a new production line with black colored rubber things.

^ that is the million dollar question ... I'm glad my next build is going to be with the green c70 so it actually goes with that case

Home Machine:

Ryzen 5900x Processor - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

ASUS PG348Q Monitor -- Samsung 34" TV -  1080ti Card

NAS:

Ryzen 5600x - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

Hot Swap 3u - Redundant Power

Well some people like silence I can't stand it. I have to sleep with a 20" box fan on for the noise to go to sleep. So I guess loud PC fans don't bother me as much.

Then get delta fans.

Let me clarify some things. Noctua is releasing two new product lines relevant to this non-tan/brown color discussion.  Source: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=news_list&news_id=90

1.  Black Industrial Fans (Q1 2014; probably louder, higher output): http://www.noctua.at/images/computex_2013/noctua_industrial_fans.jpg

"Another new addition to Noctua's line-up of premium quality quiet fans will be a range of ruggedised industrial models that feature a fibre-glass reinforced polyamide construction and IP52 class water- and dust protection for heavy-duty applications as well as a new 3-phase motor design with six poles that provides further improvements in running smoothness, even lower vibrations and further reduced power consumption."

2. Project Redux: Two-Tone Grey Versions of Current Fans (Q3 2013; quiet, different color): http://www.noctua.at/images/computex_2013/noctua_project_redux.jpg

"In addition to the upcoming A-series and industrial fans, Noctua gave a first glimpse of its upcoming ‘project redux', a new edition of proven, award-winning models such as the NF-S12B and NF-P14 in streamlined, more accessibly priced packages. While the new A-series and industrial fans are scheduled for a release in Q1 2014, Noctua aims to release the first redux models in Q4 2013. In order to visually distinguish the new industrial and redux edition fans, industrial models will come in black and redux models will come in a light/dark grey colour scheme that mimics Noctua's original fan colours using two different shades of grey."

I am most excited to see the new grey versions.  I think it will complement a black (or white) case quite well.

I can not wait i want me 2 of these!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Its their plan all along. Stand out from the crowd with yucky colors but awesome performance to create talk and rumors and legends about their product. Then once everyone knows how good the brand is release some black fans that everyone wants.