Noctua Fans (Black)

-Apache-

Wanted to see who's hyped for the black edition of noctua fans, noctua are also making them anywhere between 5~20% cheaper. There are going to be variants of popular Noctua fans, such as the 140 mm NF-A14, S12A, A6, A4, etc. This is all going to be under there "Project Redux". I for one cannot wait! :3

Here's a nice teaser photo for anyone wanting to know the look of these fans;

t4zjie.jpg

TASTE THE RAINBOW

It just gets better then :D

Not if you like a silent system. I don't care how well designed a fan is, 2000 RPM would make A LOT of noise. Even the LNA wouldn't make them worth it IMO.

Not if you like a silent system. I don't care how well designed a fan is, 2000 RPM would make A LOT of noise. Even the LNA wouldn't make them worth it IMO.

Well that's a personal choice, I'm buying on performance and look, not sound. If you want good fans noctua is the way to go but out of debate, they are still going to be amazing.

TASTE THE RAINBOW

Motherboards let you change the speed even so get a fan controller

That's true, hadn't thought of that (obviously).

Motherboards let you change the speed even so get a fan controller

Not all motherboards have that functionality. Let's just hope that these fans end up being PWM.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Not all motherboards have that functionality. Let's just hope that these fans end up being PWM.

Any mobo that has pwm, has also voltage control.

Codename: HighFlyer, specs:  CPU: i5 2500k cooled by a H70ish(2 rad)   Mobo: MSI MPower Z77   GPUs: Gigabyte GTX 660 OC 1150 MHZ core, 3150 memory both   RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16G @1600mhz   SSD: ADATA Premier Pro sx900 / HDD Seagate Barracuda 1TB/Samsung 1TB   Power supply: Corsair RM650 80+ Gold   Case Corsair Carbide 500R   5.4 ghz achieved on the good old 2500k, may it rest in peace. Current daily OC is 4.8 @1.41 v

I'm starting to save up from now cuz im going to refan all my PC's :D and if the brown things are removable , woah WP Noctua !

Let's just hope that these fans end up being PWM.

The old ones were, I can't see any reason why these wouldn't be.

Let's just hope that these fans end up being PWM.

The old ones were, I can't see any reason why these wouldn't be.

I hope they are also but if the blacks all turn out to be budget fans they aren't going to be.

Home Machine:

Ryzen 5900x Processor - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

ASUS PG348Q Monitor -- Samsung 34" TV -  1080ti Card

NAS:

Ryzen 5600x - 64gb Ram - 10gig Fiber

Hot Swap 3u - Redundant Power

I hope they are also but if the blacks all turn out to be budget fans they aren't going to be.

I thought there was going to be the regular black ones and then a separate budget SKU?

I thought there was going to be the regular black ones and then a separate budget SKU?

I hope so

Home Machine:

NAS:

Budget Noctuas? Yes please!

Uhh no thanks.  You get what you pay for with fans.  The market is already saturated with cheap, black fans.

Uhh no thanks.  You get what you pay for with fans.  The market is already saturated with cheap, black fans.

Dont think Noctua would do that

RAWR signature became a bunch of HTML codes

Dont think Noctua would do that

Me neither.  So expect to pay $18+ USD for each fan   :P

I agree, the one thing with noctua that i'm sure has got most people hooked is their quality. I for one have no problem when having to pay extra when knowing i'm buying a good product.

TASTE THE RAINBOW

For sure - And they don't even need to be black.  All they need to do is come up with 3 different sets that make them stick out as Noctua's and thats it.

Home Machine:

NAS:

I don't care what color they are, I just can't stand that price point....

Good point, but when it comes down to it, if you were to buy a "cheaper" or less quality fan, you may end up needing another one in a shorter time you would need another noctua as a random example which may make it more of a cost.

TASTE THE RAINBOW

I think Linus said the Noctua's industrial fans were going to go for 30$ each. Ill try to find the video.  

Motherboard: MSI-990FXA-GD65 | CPU: AMD FX-8350 @ 4.3Ghz | CPU Cooler: Corsair H100 | RAM: 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | GPU: MSI GTX 770 Lightning @ 1300Mhz CC and 8000Mhz MC | Case: Fractal Design ARC Midi R2 | PSU: Corsair AX850 | OS: Windows 8.1