Noctua Fans (Black)

-Apache-

I think they look awesome. Absolutely awesome. 

Yes, these look very different from a normal fan. All the technologies that they've added (such as the ripples in the fan blades, the rings around the edge that are steps, etc) make it look very awesome to me.

I love it.

Couldn't agree with you more!

TASTE THE RAINBOW

Let me clarify some things. Noctua is releasing two new product lines relevant to this non-tan/brown color discussion.  Source: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=news_list&news_id=90

1.  Black Industrial Fans (Q1 2014; probably louder, higher output): http://www.noctua.at/images/computex_2013/noctua_industrial_fans.jpg

"Another new addition to Noctua's line-up of premium quality quiet fans will be a range of ruggedised industrial models that feature a fibre-glass reinforced polyamide construction and IP52 class water- and dust protection for heavy-duty applications as well as a new 3-phase motor design with six poles that provides further improvements in running smoothness, even lower vibrations and further reduced power consumption."

2. Project Redux: Two-Tone Grey Versions of Current Fans (Q3 2013; quiet, different color): http://www.noctua.at/images/computex_2013/noctua_project_redux.jpg

"In addition to the upcoming A-series and industrial fans, Noctua gave a first glimpse of its upcoming ‘project redux', a new edition of proven, award-winning models such as the NF-S12B and NF-P14 in streamlined, more accessibly priced packages. While the new A-series and industrial fans are scheduled for a release in Q1 2014, Noctua aims to release the first redux models in Q4 2013. In order to visually distinguish the new industrial and redux edition fans, industrial models will come in black and redux models will come in a light/dark grey colour scheme that mimics Noctua's original fan colours using two different shades of grey."

I am most excited to see the new grey versions.  I think it will complement a black (or white) case quite well.

Nice clarification. Personally I cant wait for the industrial ones as Noctua found a way to improve on their already amazing fans!

Black is a lot nicer i dont know what noctua were thinking with there colour scheme but to be honest i dont find it that big of a deal.

I dont have a window and also when people see my fans they are life defuq are those.

Any way i love noctua fans my a fan of a silent machine and they do the job amazingly. 

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

Black is a lot nicer i dont know what noctua were thinking with there colour scheme but to be honest i dont find it that big of a deal.

I dont have a window and also when people see my fans they are life defuq are those.

Any way i love noctua fans my a fan of a silent machine and they do the job amazingly. 

I think I know what they were thinking "Our fans preform so good that we can make them any color we want". I actually like the colors of the current fans, now them actually matching things is another thing entirely. One thing to consider also is most often silent cases dont have windows so the color of the fan doesnt matter diddly.

I think I know what they were thinking "Our fans preform so good that we can make them any color we want". I actually like the colors of the current fans, now them actually matching things is another thing entirely. One thing to consider also is most often silent cases dont have windows so the color of the fan doesnt matter diddly.

Indeed i have R3 so i could care less about what color they are.

The price drop will be nice tho seeing as they are a little pricey in my opinion.

My Build  CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 955@4.1@Ghz Mobo: Asus M5A99x Evo R2.0 GPU: Asus 7870T @1.25GHz Core 5.5GHz Mem Ram: Kingston HyperX@ 1600 9-9-9-24 CPU Cooler: H80 Push/Pull Noctua NF-P12  SSD: Samsung 128GB 840 PRO HDD: Mix of drives which add up to 5.6TB SoundCard: Asus xonar DGX PSU: Corsair HX650 + alchemy cables Case: R3 with the rest of the fans being fractel fans.

Im A Snake.....

Indeed i have R3 so i could care less about what color they are.

The price drop will be nice tho seeing as they are a little pricey in my opinion.

for the materials they use and all the accessories you get I dont think its that bad of a price.

for the materials they use and all the accessories you get I dont think its that bad of a price.

I guess you are right but once you have more than 4 you have already spent over £80 on fans (they tend to cost around £20 in the UK thats how much i paid for my 2)

I would love my whole PC to be noctuas but i cant afford it haha. So i have 2 noctuas on my H80 and then the rest of my case is fractel fans which are not to bad.

Edited by Snake

Im A Snake.....

I guess you are right but once you have more than 4 you have already spent over £80 on fans (they tend to cost around £20 in the UK thats how much i paid for my 2)

I would love my whole PC to be noctuas but i cant afford it haha. So i have 2 noctuas on my H80 and then the rest of my case is fractel fans which are not to bad.

I totally feel you, my case takes 12 fans and they are all going to be noctua eventually currently there are only 2 NF-F12 PWM's on the H100. Im thinking about waiting to fill it up until the industrial ones are released as they are going to be built even better.

I totally feel you, my case takes 12 fans and they are all going to be noctua eventually currently there are only 2 NF-F12 PWM's on the H100. Im thinking about waiting to fill it up until the industrial ones are released as they are going to be built even better.

I was thinking of doing the same thing, i have 2 fans in the front and 1 in the bottom all in pull and they are okay but the air flow could be better.

Also for the people complaining about these running at 2000RPM (if i read correctly) thats not much of a jump really seeing as my NF-P12s are 1300RPM and im running them at that speed and i cant hear them. A low noise adapter would do fine if they are a little louder but i cant imagine they will be. 

Im A Snake.....

I have only one thing to say. Take my money Noctua, take my money

I was thinking of doing the same thing, i have 2 fans in the front and 1 in the bottom all in pull and they are okay but the air flow could be better.

Also for the people complaining about these running at 2000RPM (if i read correctly) thats not much of a jump really seeing as my NF-P12s are 1300RPM and im running them at that speed and i cant hear them. A low noise adapter would do fine if they are a little louder but i cant imagine they will be. 

just get the PWM model, which i would do any way, problem solved.

just get the PWM model, which i would do any way, problem solved.

I dont use the fan headers on my mobo i use 4pin molex to fan headers.

Makes it look a little cleaner even tho i cant see in to my case.

Im A Snake.....

I dont use the fan headers on my mobo i use 4pin molex to fan headers.

Makes it look a little cleaner even tho i cant see in to my case.

Hows this for clean?

IMG_3754.jpg

I know its missing like 10 9 fans (forgot i threw a NF-P12 i had in the rear) but im still going to do my best to keep it managed well.

Hows this for clean?

IMG_3754.jpg

I know its missing like 10 9 fans (forgot i threw a NF-P12 i had in the rear) but im still going to do my best to keep it managed well.

Thats pretty damn nice.

The way i do it is by plugging in as little as possible in to my motherboard and just stuffing all the cables behind the tray haha.

Thats a very nice build tho only stuff i would change is the cables on the PSU as i hate knowing there is color showing :P

Im A Snake.....

Thats pretty damn nice.

The way i do it is by plugging in as little as possible in to my motherboard and just stuffing all the cables behind the tray haha.

Thats a very nice build tho only stuff i would change is the cables on the PSU as i hate knowing there is color showing :P

I wanted to put a Antec HCP Platinum (which has black wires) in there but the only one they offered at the time was 1000watts which is complete overkill. They now have the 850 watt and 1300 watt models out but they announced the HCP Platinum GRID. Right now though I have no reason to switch so I will probably wait for those and there is the fact that I dont really want to redo that routing if I dont have to. Ivy-E may give me a reason to give a few things an update though as well as get the rest of the fans in.

• 4 months later...

This is taking forever, any ETA when Noctua is going to release the black versions ?.

MB: G1.Sniper 3 BIOS F8i <> CPU: 2700K @ 5GHz HT <> RAM: G.Skill RipjawsZ 2x4GB 2400Mhz @ 2133Mhz 9-11-11-31 1T -1.60v- <> Monitor: Dell U2312HM <> VGA: 2-Way SLI GTX 780 <> HDDs: 2x1TB Samsung SP F3 + 2x M4 256GB @ RAID-0 <> Case: CM HAF-X <> PSU: SS-1000W XP
WC: Koolance CPU-380I <> XSPC Razor GTX 780/Titan x 2 <> Alphacool XT45 360mm + XSPC AX480 <> XSPC Acrylic Dual Bay Res (Alphacool VPP655) <> Primoflex Advanced LRT 13-19mm <> Bitspower & Koolance 13-19mm fittings

This is taking forever, any ETA when Noctua is going to release the black versions ?.

It took Kingston 8 months to start producing their RAM with black PCBs instead of green after announcing it, so if Noctua's anything like that it could take a few years xD

I hope they are also but if the blacks all turn out to be budget fans they aren't going to be.

They aren't budget fans, they are for data centers that only care about moving a ton of air across heatsinks and don't give a damn if the fans sound like a swarm of hornets.

Intel i7 5820K (4.5 GHz) | MSI X99A MPower | 32 GB Kingston HyperX Fury 2666MHz | Asus RoG STRIX GTX 1080ti OC | Samsung 951 m.2 nVME 512GB | Crucial MX200 1000GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-D15 | Fractal Define R5 | Seasonic 860 Platinum | Logitech G910 | Sennheiser 599 | Blue Yeti | Logitech G502

Nikon D500 | Nikon 300mm f/4 PF  | Nikon 200-500 f/5.6 | Nikon 50mm f/1.8 | Tamron 70-210 f/4 VCII | Sigma 10-20 f/3.5 | Nikon 17-55 f/2.8 | Tamron 90mm F2.8 SP Di VC USD Macro | Neewer 750II

I was told Q1 2014 at the earliest for the Black Industrial Fans. I did not how ever ask about the Grey Budget ones.

Black Noctua fans would be a fantastic idea. The reason behind them being those horrible colors, is purely for marketing purposes. You don't even need to see the name to know they are Noctuas. Its acctually very smart.

Yes also the current ones are PBT so there is less choice in color than say ABS, acrylic, or other plasics more commonly found in fans. I personally like the colors as the bring some early tones into a normally verly electronicy looking custom PC world.

I like that nice server hum  in the back ground, bring one the 2000rpm fans.

I like that nice server hum  in the back ground, bring one the 2000rpm fans.

get some 5400rpm Scythe high speed gentle typhoon's. you can even convert those to PWM

get some 5400rpm Scythe high speed gentle typhoon's. you can even convert those to PWM

"gentle" typhon sounds wrong somehow... do we have a contestant to the Delta fans here?

"gentle" typhon sounds wrong somehow... do we have a contestant to the Delta fans here?

Yea I thinhk their actually better maybe not rpm wise but design wise especially because they can easily be modded to PWM. Only problem is I cant find any 5400rpm ones in the US anymore only like 4000rpm or somehting and I plan to just get one to try the mod and if its just one I want the one that keeps up with a HDD, lol.