I don't hate youtube comments

Sammael

I keep hearing people say over and over that youtube comments are garbage.  As for the content that varies, but the format?

The newer format is flat out superior.  You could not put in links in the old comment system, and you were MUCH more limited in length of comments.

It felt like exaggerated twitter when trying to make a more complex point.  Now it may be that the rankings of comments were better or worse in the old system, but as an actual COMMENT system, the actual mechanics are far superior.

Prove me wrong, 

Edited by Ghost
Provocative Statement Removed.

I am impelled not to squeak like a grateful and frightened mouse, but to roar...

This is a bit late, didn't they change this in 2013? Also, the new system is better in some ways, but having the top comments was nice, that was the main feature I liked. Reddit is still the best comment system IMO.

woah....

Did i fall alseep and wake up in 2014?

I deleted Google+, so I can't comment at all.

I find that the problem is that comments seem to make it up to the top not just by the amount of thumbs up but the speed of interaction and i find that because of this hate always seems to be at the top.

CPU : 4670k MOBO : MSI Z87 G45  RAM : 8GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz Graphics : MSI GTX660 OC Twin Frozr (Unfortunately) PSU :Corsair CX600M Storage : Crucial mx100 256GB, Seagate Barracuda 500GB 7200rpm  OS : Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit 

I do not hate the YouTube comments, the YouTube comments hate me.

That is the problem.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I find that the problem is that comments seem to make it up to the top not just by the amount of thumbs up but the speed of interaction and i find that because of this hate always seems to be at the top.

it actually goes to the top due to the number of replies

when someone says something controversial tons of people reply, and even if it is disliked to hell it stays at the top

more people need to use the report feature to get rid of those stupid comments

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

-

I hate the links :P so much spam, such wow 

I hate the people that make youtube comments.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I ignore the youtube comments now, as I did before they were revamped.

It's nothing against the format. It's the utter crap poeople post there. There is one good comment in one hundred that aren't even worth reading.

Bleigh!  Ever hear of AC series? 

I like reading the comments in this video. I like reading YouTube comments.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

-snip-

I like reading the comments in this video. I like reading YouTube comments.

Just clicked the video to watch the comments.... wow.

Things you should avoid talking about:

Religion,

Politics,

The s**,

and the great pumpkin.

Things people talk about in the comments:

Religion,

Politics,

The s**,

and the great pumpkin.

Only an issue if unrelated to the video*

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.