Where does the bullying/belittling occur?

zenithar

I can only speak for myself, & maybe new users with no voice, but where does this belittling, harassing etc. usually happen? I know that The WAN Show is full of it in the Twitch chats during live broadcasts, but I haven't really seen anything in the forums.

I experience belittling daily simply due to my high number of followers on Twitter, so I guess I have a thicker shell than some.

My advice to myself: If they (trolls & bullies) take the time to say anything to me, I've already done enough. If the troll/bully is intelligent, I like to have fun & use reverse psych, but that's me. A simple block/mute does wonders.  :P   

CPU: i7 4770 GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Hero ROG

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz CPU cooler: Corsair H80i PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Fans: Corsair AF/AF/AF/ 120 & 140's Case: CMStorm Scout 2 Advanced

Whaaat?

I have no idea what you are talking about, but I'm just gonna say if you get bullied online, press Ctrl + W

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Everywhere , the other day you had people calling my cpu "shit" and telling me to "deal with it"

And telling me to "shut the fuck up and stop crying"

So , there you go.

The forums are a very aggressive place , I have thicker skin than this thought.

Words are just pixels on the screen , but make sure to use them wisely.

At the end of the day the internet is the internet.

If anyone takes these things from people they've never met literally then shut down the computer!

Everywhere , the other day you had people calling my cpu "shit" and telling me to "deal with it"

So , there you go.

That's horrible & people have no right to say that about something you own, ughhhh.

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz CPU cooler: Corsair H80i PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

That's horrible & people have no right to say that about something you own, ughhhh.

Yup , you wont find the original post because it was edited out.

Next time I will take a screencap.

It comes from the mods who lock these types of threads.   :P

Lol, there's not enough mods for the amount of users here.

Some things some people come out with are just ridiculous. The biggest cause of conflict you see I find is miss-information but god forbid you politely correct someone, if you do suddenly you are an uber fanboy.

So , there you go.

Words are just pixels on the screen , but make sure to use them wisely.

Oh lol, like that..

People are sometimes horrible, but sometimes they don't mean it like that...

I guess..

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Some things some people come out with are just ridiculous. The biggest cause of conflict you see I find is miss-information but god forbid you politely correct someone, if you do suddenly you are an uber fanboy.

YES! Soo agree with this! People love to be right, will fight to the end to prove they're not wrong, even if they're conscious to the fact they're wrong.

Oh lol, like that..

I guess..

I agree with that too. Sometimes, really a lot of times, people that are already emotionally stressed or depressed are gonna lash out, no matter what's said. 

Oh lol, like that..

I guess..

If someone calls my rig "shit" it wont be the last they hear for me.

It isnt true at all but even if it wasnt you dont say that , its called common sense and decency.

My father has a athlon thunderbird and I dont call his rig "a piece of shit"

Some decency would be great on the forums.

Of course they have the right to say that. We don't need more "your rights ends where my feelings begin" people.

Just because I own for example an i5-2500K, doesn't mean people shouldn't be allowed to say that it's bad. People should be free to say that it's bad if that's what they think. If they are wrong and/or present it in a bad way then they will just hurt their own image by looking stupid. If they are telling the truth and present it in a good way then we shouldn't silence the truth just because someone might have their feelings hurt.

Opinions are like assholes, everyone has one, and they all stink.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

If someone calls my rig "shit" it wont be the last they hear for me.

It isnt true at all but even if it wasnt you dont say that , its called common sense and decency.

My father has a athlon thunderbird and I dont call his rig "a piece of shit"

Some decency would be great on the forums.

Some people just feel like they are entitled to a much greater opinion than others.

My rig is shit and I will be the first to admit, but I do agree it is not necessary to scream that all out loud.

It is very annoying when you make a thread asking for some advice and the first response you get goes along the lines of "well you're using an Athlon X2, you're lost".

But I just learnt not give a heck and move on :) 

Of course they have the right to say that. We don't need more "your rights ends where my feelings begin" people.

Just because I own for example an i5-2500K, doesn't mean people shouldn't be allowed to say that it's bad. People should be free to say that it's bad if that's what they think. If they are wrong and/or present it in a bad way then they will just hurt their own image by looking stupid. If they are telling the truth and present it in a good way then we shouldn't silence the truth just because someone might have their feelings hurt.

You can do that but calling someones rig " shit " and telling them to "shut the fuck up" and "deal with it" is againt Coc last time i checked .

Your 2500k is still an amazing cpu I have no idea what you mean.

Insecure people just want to feel superior in some way i guess. On the internet it's an annoyance

====>The car thread<====>Dark Souls thread<====>Placeholder<====
"Life is like a raging river, Its gonna get rough downstream. And people's gonna piss in it" 

"Who discovered we could get milk from cows, and what did he THINK he was doing at the time?"

It was just an example.

You can do that but calling someones rig " shit " and telling them to "shut the fuck up" and "deal with it" is againt Coc last time i checked .

You're right Zappian. 

There is a difference in "telling the truth" to someone, & being a rude a**hole about it.

You're right Zappian. 

There is a difference in "telling the truth" to someone, & being a rude a**hole about it.

Yup .

For example someone had a fx 4300 and a 290.

And i explained the cpu was a bit too low end for the gpu and might cause bottleneck in some games.

No need to be rude.

I have seen plenty of bullying online but i guess that is what you get for browsing /a/. Have been hanging around on /fit/ lately and it can get pretty hostile there. That being said I dont really give 2 shits about what people say about me on the internet. Part of that probably comes from the fact that I am a prolific shit talker on CSGO casual. I take any opportunity i can to start shit with somebody and drag it on for as long as I can till they quit.

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.