Where does the bullying/belittling occur?

zenithar

I havent been "bullied" on here, and i do agree that its not nice to say shut the fuck up ect but, This is the internet and you cant take those things personal. Just smile and keep going ;)

I havent been "bullied" on here, and i do agree that its not nice to say shut the fuck up ect but, This is the internet and you cant take those things personal. Just smile and keep going ;)

Exactly. People are asking why I started this, & it's because @Archangel1994's thread is locked.

ayda.png

CPU: i7 4770 GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Ti SC Mobo: ASUS Maximus VI Hero ROG

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz CPU cooler: Corsair H80i PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

Fans: Corsair AF/AF/AF/ 120 & 140's Case: CMStorm Scout 2 Advanced

YES! Soo agree with this! People love to be right, will fight to the end to prove they're not wrong, even if they're conscious to the fact they're wrong.

If someone calls my rig "shit" it wont be the last they hear for me.

Some decency would be great on the forums.

I think a lot of times it just boils down to people defending/justifying what they've bought into. The way they often do so doesn't sit well with me always though. Rather than talk of product A's merits, they'll criticise the perceived flaws of product B.

This happens all the time in AMD vs Nvidia "debates" - misinformation is spread by exaggerated claims spawned from user-bias. The perfect example from a while back was 780 vs 290 - yes, the 290 uses a bit more power, and the reference cooler was poor, but that doesn't mean every version of the card is a hot, loud, nuclear powered piece of kit. We see that now with the 970 vs 290x - people rushed to praise the efficiency of the 970, which objectively speaking is not as efficient as we've been lead to believe.

I could go on and on, but it just boils down to justifying pricey hardware (schlong measuring contest) and defending the choice you made over rival components. Why can't anyone ever say something along the lines of "hey, I see you bought [insert similarly priced competing product]. I hope it's serving you well."?