Don't you find it insulting?

DomClancy

Hi guys,

So I don't get what people were positively gushing at Linus' video on wires, a day after another series was released with not only parts but subparts (i.e. 1a). I really don't understand i t whereupon he reveals that even his wife believes producing content like that is a poor choice. And then proceeds to entitle and distribute it. 

People were frustrated for months that more of 'Whole Room Watercooling' parts weren't being released. This, despite the fact the fact that the project was completed in August.  What I don't get is why does it seem like people are just fanboy-ing it? As a regular viewer, the decision to release a part '1a' video after all the previous criticism, and then compound that with one on wires, felt like a slap in the face. 

My question: do you feel the same way or is this just a minority opinion?

He needs $$$

and they were not done editing it

and variety 

etc

thiers a whole list of reasons this is done

I'm confused.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

Insulting? hell no,

Linus is just loves the moolahs$$$$ baby. hes smart ;)

I really don't care. I don't center my life around lmg. Seeing their videos is a perk and I'm happy to support them through contributions.

CM Storm Switch Tester MOD (In-Progress) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/409147-cm-storm-switch-tester-macro-mod/

Ammo Can Speaker 02 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/283826-ammo-can-speakers-02/       A/B Switch V 0.5 (Completed) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/362417-ab-switch-v0

Build 01 - The Life of a Prodigy -  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/13103-build-01-the-life-of-a-prodigy/             Build 02 - Silent Server 3000 - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/116670-build-02-silent-server-3000/

felt like a slap in the face. 

How does it feel like that when you pay absolutely nothing to watch his videos?

It may be frustrating or annoying but insulting?, not sure about that one. 

Spoiler

Corsair 400C- Intel i7 6700- Gigabyte Gaming 6- GTX 1080 Founders Ed. - Intel 530 120GB + 2xWD 1TB + Adata 610 256GB- 16GB 2400MHz G.Skill- Evga G2 650 PSU- Corsair H110- ASUS PB278Q- Dell u2412m- Logitech G710+ - Logitech g700 - Sennheiser PC350 SE/598se

Is it just me or is Grammar slowly becoming extinct on LTT? 

Hi guys,

So I don't get what people were positively gushing at Linus' video on wires, a day after another series was released with not only parts but subparts (i.e. 1a). I really don't understand i t whereupon he reveals that even his wife believes producing content like that is a poor choice. And then proceeds to entitle and distribute it. 

People were frustrated for months that more of 'Whole Room Watercooling' parts weren't being released. This, despite the fact the fact that the project was completed in August.  What I don't get is why does it seem like people are just fanboy-ing it? As a regular viewer, the decision to release a part '1a' video after all the previous criticism, and then compound that with one on wires, felt like a slap in the face. 

I find it's ok as I understand that it's hard to release a video like the whole room watercooling project in one go as that would either have to 1: cut out a lot of content or 2: make it a long ass video. Although it's annoying if they end in cliffhangers

Home is where the heart my desktop is.

It's not insulting, mildly annoying perhaps.

The whole "1a" thing AFTER all the complaints was very obviously a joke referencing the complaints.

I don't think people really think about how LTT gains money, they gain it through two main things: 1. Viewers, 2. Sponsors.

The more videos they produce that get people viewing them, and the ads that come with them, the more money they get in return from the ads, breaking videos into multiple parts to keep them from both being long and causing the total view count of their channel to go up gets them more money, and subscribers because people will want to know when that next part comes out.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I find it difficult to take someone seriously, when their avatar is one of the most annoying cartoon characters in history.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Honestly, he should just stick to regular numbered parts...
There's no reason to name something Part 1a, Part 1b, etc... When you can just name it Part 1, Part 2, Part 3... All it does is cause animosity amongst your user base.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

To be honest... I don't find it insulting. It don't even bother me, because I mainly see the upside of it:

Some bigger projects are interesting and deserve a longer coverage. And with a daily video schedule and the desired length of under 15min, it's reasonable to do more part episodes.

But I hope, they keep it only for those projects, which need it. If I would see a 6-part-episode of, well, installing Ram, i would be disappointed too.

edit:

I think the 1a thing is a little joke ;)

Ryzen 5 5600, 32GB DDR4, GTX 3070Ti, Acer Predator x34

InWin 901

I don't see anything wrong or annoying or insulting about it. The team may not have time to edit the videos, and this way, he gives viewers a reason to subscribe, increasing his viewer base, and consequently increasing the amount of money LMG gets from YouTube from those viewers watching more of their videos.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

The 1A thing was a joke, making fun of the people complaining (I.E. you) They said 1B is coming this Saturday, it's a weekly thing.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

@LinusTech is the same kind of troll who openly embraces WCCFTech being a source in some articles, just to piss people off. You think he didn't title that video "1a" specifically to rustle more jimmies? 

LTT is not a charity. They exist to make money. While I LOVED the all in one shot, 45 minute long videos, those aren't really sustainable. They also aren't good business. One 45 minute video that gets a million views OR five 10 minute videos that get 750k a piece. Its just good business. It helps add more to their content hopper and give them a backlog of content to release, so they don't exactly need to scramble to shoot new daily content if they have plenty waiting to be edited and released. 

Mostly, how is it a slap in the face? While LTT values the feedback, LTT also charges you a grand sum of nothing to be here. The only person getting slapped in the face would be you. 

They split videos up so they can continue to produce regular content on all of their channels. Instead of spending a week shooting and editing an entire series they do bits at a time to leave room for other projects.

Also there is that small but important fact that the attention span on YouTube is generally less than 5 min. so making an hour long video would not be optimal.

He needs the dosh for more lambos.

BnQS0BdCAAA9eLn.png

Pshhhtt.

4jZJ2qs.png

And HOLY SHIT. I actually created that pic and somebody used it to Meme it!

I feel so famous right now.

Interested in Business and Technology

insulting, no.

Don't mind the multipart episodes, but he/they need to reevaluate the scheduling of their release dates. Also not everything needs or should have multiparts. I get the need to monetize their content, but it some times wears a bit thin.

Question:

Did the whole room water cooling go part 1,2,3 then day 5a?

Hi guys,

Insulting ? what are you taking about man ?

CPU: i7 4790K | Ram:Corsair Vengeance 8GB | GPU: Asus R9 270 | Cooling :Corsair H100i | Storage : Intel SSD, Seagate HDDs | PSU : Corsair VS 550 | Case: CM HAF Advanced.

That makes it boring and annoying to watch, but not precisely insulting for me.

Don't get mad, get even...

I assume you're talking about scrapyard wars? I think it makes perfect sense to do it in episodes, feels like a web series. The first episode was already 17min long and they're releasing the next one a week after the first. Maybe it's just me but I think the quality and variety of videos has really gone up since they started doing things in parts, when these kind of videos used to be one long episode they were few and far between.

Asus X99-Deluxe  |  i7 5820k  |  16GB DDR4  |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G  |  Samsung 850 Evo + 840 Evo 500GB  |  NZXT H440