This CAT-6 Ethernet cable cost up to $10,000 and made for Audiophile . Whut?

The entire cable is actually silver, a far better conductor than copper if you can keep it from being oxidized. Still, it's like that damn coffee HDMI cable. It's useful for mission-critical, time-critical server communication, though Infiniband and Intel's new competing standard are probably better for it. The idea is to have fewer flipped bits during transport, but even so it's just... ugh...

Nooooo, that still does nothing. There is not a competent networking admin alive that would use that stuff. It's a digital signal, degradation is typically not a problem. And if it is, it's the difference between "everything seems fine" and "Why the hell isn't this detecting my host?". And then you get shielded cable, or uncoil it from the fluerescent lights you wrapped it around for some reason.

Mission critical operation implies redundancy, not putting all of the budget into a single cable.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Probably regular copper wires covered in 100% silver before teflon?

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Nooooo, that still does nothing. There is not a competent networking admin alive that would use that stuff. It's a digital signal, degradation is typically not a problem. And if it is, it's the difference between "everything seems fine" and "Why the hell isn't this detecting my host?". And then you get shielded cable, or uncoil it from the fluerescent lights you wrapped it around for some reason.

Mission critical operation implies redundancy, not putting all of the budget into a single cable.

You do know ethernet cables have a rated length for a reason, right? Signal degradation.

I also didn't say it was all eggs in one basket. I'm just saying it's not totally unreasonable.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

Probably regular copper wires covered in 100% silver before teflon?

Given most of the conducting is on the surface of the wire, that would be pretty effective if not for the flaking due to 2 different expansion deltas between materials.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

This is for the people that have so much money they dont give a shit about "costs"

Let's agree to disagree

You do know ethernet cables have a rated length for a reason, right? Signal degradation.

I also didn't say it was all eggs in one basket. I'm just saying it's not totally unreasonable.

Yes it is, it IS totally unreasonable. The cost of that is insane, it would be cheaper to just put down an extra switch or some bloody shieled UTP cable.  And it you're talking further than THAT, hell it's probably a lot cheaper to do it in fiberoptical cable, which is the go-to solution for anything that needs to bridge a long distance anyway.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

So they argued about the DBS. It has been proven in SOME highly controled circumstances to sound better but mostly it will not. WHY THE SHIT IS IT ON AN ETHERNET CABLE.

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

fuck it im gonna try and sell bread for $500 a loaf,

We could go back to WW1 and sell our bread for hundreds of millions of Marks

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use, and by some other means to give us knowledge which we can attain by them. - Galileo Galilei
Build Logs: Tophat (in progress), DNAF | Useful Links: How To: Choosing Your Storage Devices and Configuration, Case Study: RAID Tolerance to Failure, Reducing Single Points of Failure in Redundant Storage , Why Choose an SSD?, ZFS From A to Z (Eric1024), Advanced RAID: Survival Rates, Flashing LSI RAID Cards (alpenwasser), SAN and Storage Networking

We could go back to WW1 and sell our bread for hundreds of millions of Marks

now it's even better you cover your bread with silver you say it'll make things works better and you sell it for 1000X the price. Also thanks for the really interesting read

Since nobody made the joke yet,

Apple is going to be mad, their idea gets stolen.

-insert apple logo, on my phone so can't do it-

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

I don't think anyone has actually bought this.

I've seen some humans, I know some of them are really stupid and will buy this lol.

Some idiot will buy this.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

I think they forgot to mention it cures the common cold and can fly.

Some people man!

I've seen some humans, I know some of them are really stupid and will buy this lol.

Some idiot will buy this.

But isn't it just out of the price range of most people. I know I can't just spend almost £10,000 on a cable and I would think no one would either. That is a sh*t ton of money. I seriously think if you buy this you should have all your money taken away from you and given to someone homeless because they deserve it more.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Well if the price of the cable is close enough to the actual silver price it might be worth buying, I mean if they break into your house they will steal your laptop, but won't give cables a second look, that means you don't have to buy a safe :)

"Hope, what a concept." - Deunan Knute

Guys holy shit! Just imagine the sound quality when you throw these things on the cable too! *-* gotta be godlike

mikro-pebbles.jpg

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

Brain hurts. They have $1600+ power cables............AHHHHHH

Yes they are so good they even 'correct' all the errors induced with the yards of house wiring and the miles of pylon cable and the transformers and...

Thing is (like spam) someone must buy, or no-one would bother making/advertising etc them.

Two motoes to live by   "Sometimes there are no shortcuts"

"This too shall pass"

Bleeding edge??? Bleeding edge of bullshit, but as the saying goes A fool and his money are soon parted

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

But isn't it just out of the price range of most people. I know I can't just spend almost £10,000 on a cable and I would think no one would either. That is a sh*t ton of money. I seriously think if you buy this you should have all your money taken away from you and given to someone homeless because they deserve it more.

Yes, most people will not buy this, but I'm sure some idiot with a lot of money will actually do it and think it makes a difference.

If only most rich idiots where like Bill Gates and actually used their money to help other ones instead of buying bs cables, this would be a better place, but nope, we have shit like this.

The stars died for you to be here today.

A locked bathroom in the right place can make all the difference in the world.

If only most rich idiots where like Bill Gates and actually used their money to help other ones instead of buying bs cables, this would be a better place, but nope, we have shit like this.

Most rich people I know actually are like that, and help a lot. IF you think rich people spending their extra money solves much, it doesn't. Money really only goes so far without infrastructure and thats the governments job to get in order, not the rich people to simply throw money at. 

Gates for example, doesn't just spend money on malaria pills and walk away. He invests in communities. He builds out infrastructure to SUSTAIN the money he puts into the project in the first place. He's in essence doing what the government has failed to do. Sure, lots of money helps but money alone doesn't change much. 

Most rich people I know actually are like that, and help a lot. IF you think rich people spending their extra money solves much, it doesn't. Money really only goes so far without infrastructure and thats the governments job to get in order, not the rich people to simply throw money at. 

Gates for example, doesn't just spend money on malaria pills and walk away. He invests in communities. He builds out infrastructure to SUSTAIN the money he puts into the project in the first place. He's in essence doing what the government has failed to do. Sure, lots of money helps but money alone doesn't change much. 

What changes a lot is everyone lending a hand to help everyone else.

But nah, leave it to the rich people. They obviously have more time and money to do such things.

Its utter marketing garbage at the highest level. 

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)