Return rate of GeForce GTX 970 after memory scandal is below 5%

Rohith_Kumar_Sp

Id get 980ti boost instead.

Or whatevr next "titan" class card for 1000$ will be

980Ti is unlikely. 

This series mirrors the GTX 600 series. The 680 and 980 are both fully unlocked. The 780 wasn't and the 780Ti was. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

this is bullshit, if nvidia get off scott free with this they will most likly fuck us over more

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Decrease in price, thats nice to see :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

980Ti is unlikely. 

This series mirrors the GTX 600 series. The 680 and 980 are both fully unlocked. The 780 wasn't and the 780Ti was. 

oh, then 980 is not so strong. i mean 780ti both overclocked arent that different...

oh, then 980 is not so strong. i mean 780ti both overclocked arent that different...

Although consuming near 100W less power and easing ahead of the 780Ti, it's not too bad. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

This might be the case right now but I bet already by the end of the year the first games will be over 3,5Gb on 1080p.

Ryse Son Of Rome uses already 3GB on 1080p and on 1440p you probably already edge the 3,5GB.

And Ryse is very linear big  sized games like Star Wars Battlefront or Batman Arkham Knight will probably use even more and if you put AA on top you'll be over 3,5GB.

Yeah, my bad i didn't explain it further..I was not pointing to this video as for new buyers..but for the ones who bought the card back in september and are now thinking of returning it....I mean...other than 980, what alternative do you have?

MARS_PROJECT V2 --- RYZEN RIG

Spoiler

CPU: R5 1600 @3.7GHz 1.27V | Cooler: Corsair H80i Stock Fans@900RPM | Motherboard: Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3 | RAM: 8GB DDR4 2933MHz(Vengeance LPX) | GPU: MSI Radeon R9 380 Gaming 4G | Sound Card: Creative SB Z | HDD: 500GB WD Green + 1TB WD Blue | SSD: Samsung 860EVO 250GB  + AMD R3 120GB | PSU: Super Flower Leadex Gold 750W 80+Gold(fully modular) | Case: NZXT  H440 2015   | Display: Dell P2314H | Keyboard: Redragon Yama | Mouse: Logitech G Pro | Headphones: Sennheiser HD-569

there's nothing more that i could say that people already don't know about 970 at this point , so yeah, i didn't bother to give my thoughts on it , pointless at this point .

My original comment was not intended as a lashing for not containing your own dialogue, but as an expression of grief toward the original authors crystal balling voodoo. 

Still don't care about this vram thing. 970 is still a powerful card right now. It will last me until they produce a single card that can handle 4k60+fps. Never buy a card for the future or any PC component for that matter, everyone should know that by now...

That will need confirmation.  Reselling used cards, regardless of testing, as anything more than refurbished or re-certified is a lie.  But I would be paying a lot more attention to marketing spin and loose use of language if I were looking to get a 970 now or in the near future.

Speculative opinion is speculation.  I take issue with that entire copy/pasted paragraph and its pulled out of arse nature.

Soooo, what are they going to do with the 300 dollar cards then? Keep them in storage forever?

So 95% of customers like to being lied to.

Good sign for manufacturers bad for customers.

Do we really need to go in this circle again like we did last week? Lol.

In other news, water is wet. Sky is Blue. Moon is a rock.

Shocker, most people didn't give a shit about this at all, at least not to the extent that the internet wants you to believe.

I like to think it's because most people have reading and comprehension skills.

think about it

most gamers play on 1080p panels

most gamers dont buy EVERY single new aaa title and max it out

most gamers are fine with bringing a setting down to reach 60 frames

most gamers dont need all 4gb of vram.

period

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Well, most people who spend their money wisely do, at any rate. 

Doesn't matter, getting cheap, used 970s thanks to the knee jerk reactions of people. I thank everyone for their panicking. 

You aren't, some people would approve murder if it was done by Nvidia

I don't give a shit if Nvidia clubs baby seals and is planning to eradicate all the puppies in the world; if they make a product that fits my needs I will buy it. 

I'm sure there are a number of people claiming they can't get refunds,  there are always people claiming they can't get refunds on legitimately dead/broken hardware.  We don't know whats a load of shit and what isn't.  JP is a fairly thorough source when it comes to market research.  I'll take their word over any other unless some real evidence comes to play.

Thank you. Its all fine and well to say "well, this many people COULD return them" but thats not how you make accurate statements. You use whats actually being done, hard data. Bogus saying attempted refunds as if that means anything at all. Its a invalid metric because its so hard to quantify. Actual returns however are set in stone and tangible and real. Those can be used to make further analysis. 

I think people just have a hard time accepting that most owners didn't give a shit about this issue at all. I know, hard to imagine that some people really don't care or have other priorities that preclude them from caring because to them its not an issue anyways. 

Not really.

I would have also return it if I'd bought it.

The memory bottleneck on my GTX670 is already annoying enough I would not want to deal with another memory bottleneck especially if I was expecting there to be non.

I would have returned it saved up some more money to buy a 980 instead.

There is no memory bottleneck though, you can play most games at 4k and still have enough vram to go around, which is well beyond the capabilities of the card to play games with decent frame rates. So many people want to just hop on this band wagon because it's the cool thing to do.

Ryzen 3700x -Evga RTX 2080 Super- Msi x570 Gaming Edge - G.Skill Ripjaws 3600Mhz RAM - EVGA SuperNova G3 750W -500gb 970 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 850 Evo - 250Gb Samsung 840 Evo  - 4Tb WD Blue- NZXT h500 - ROG Swift PG348Q

I don't give a shit if Nvidia clubs baby seals and is planning to eradicate all the puppies in the world; if they make a product that fits my needs I will buy it.

Well I'll be honest; if they were actually planning on killing all of the puppies in the world, I would be mad. Puppies are so pwecious.

Well I'll be honest; if they were actually planning on killing all of the puppies in the world, I would be mad. Puppies are so pwecious.

My puppy is evil incarnate. He shits and pisses on a whim. If he could stop doing that, I think he would be perfect. 

at least if he did on it on the neighbours yard, I wouldn't be mad. 

My puppy is evil incarnate. He shits and pisses on a whim. If he could stop doing that, I think he would be perfect.

at least if he did on it on the neighbours yard, I wouldn't be mad.

But what will Imgur and reddit do if all of the puppies are gone? Go back to just cats? :/

Really? I wouldn't if they seriously did that.

I don't care if this makes me petty but now I wish a bunch of games use over 3.5gb of vram for no other reason than to piss people the fuck off.

-------

Current Rig

-------

This is Nvidia.

5% can still be a lot of money, NVIDIA wouldn't have lost any of it if they released the correct information from the start.

Think about it, the article talks about selling 2.5million units. That's 125,000 returns, or over $41million. You don't want to lose $41million, nobody wants to lose $41million. 

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Soooo, what are they going to do with the 300 dollar cards then? Keep them in storage forever?

No, obviously not.  Which would probably be why I said refurbished & re-certified.

Yeah...

Doesn't matter, getting cheap, used 970s thanks to the knee jerk reactions of people. I thank everyone for their panicking. 

Link to the sites that you're purchasing these inexpensive and used cards please.