Official Nvidia GTX 970 Discussion Thread

Nvidia:

tumblr_nd57v3tAt41tqg73qo2_250.gif

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

see the GTX970 memory speeds at the last chunk.

was my argument ever about performance ??? NO then what was my argument about ??? it was about Nvidia laying which they did, both chunks are usable but the last chunk is running at much lower speed, they also lied about ROPs and L2 chace.

It spreads, that doesn't make the last 500mb is non-existant, you know how to add numbers don't you?

You tell me you're not talking about performance but you talk about how the last chunk runs at a lower speed, then are we talking about performance or not?

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

Fools ??? they fucking lied to them, if you fucking lie to me then fuck you go take your fucking card and give me my fucking money back.

Nope can't just can't, you shouldn't have lied at the first place.

We'll assume you quoted my Let It go post.

I know it's a big deal. But people keep bringing crap about it up. Just stop. Don't buy an Nvidia card next time.That'll show them. We don't need a thread about every little thing about it.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

I bought it because it was 4gb, I had other options, but as my 660 was a 2gb I decided I wanted something with more oomph, and yes, it is still miles beyond a 660.

It still feels like we got ripped off a bit though.

i, personaly, dont feel ripped off. i got the card i expected and i love it.  well when the damn thing overclocks properly! but thats a diferant story.  it was never a 4k card and it handles 1440p well.  i can see how some people are pissed but the way its being blown up is a little over the top.  

people keep going on about lying and the rop/l2 thing som im going to say again and for the last time

no one buys based on l2/rops they buy based on benchmarks

lying implies deliberate, what do they have to gain form fudging the l2 and rops?

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

We'll assume you quoted my Let It go post.

I know it's a big deal. But people keep bringing crap about it up. Just stop. Don't buy an Nvidia card next time.That'll show them. We don't need a thread about every little thing about it.

People still make mini oven and heater jokes about AMD and I don't see you telling them to let it go.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

-snip-

You said the last chunk ran slower, basically saying it had less performance, talking about performance...

And it's not that i defend them, i'm not a little spoiled kid, seriously i'm amazed how butthurt some people is, you were lied to? Well too bad, go return your card or stfu. You are going to be lied a lot, get used to it.

Rig: I5-3570K@4.3Ghz - Cooler Thermaltake Frio Advanced - Ram Kingston 1333Mhz 8gb (2x4) - GPU GTX 970 4GD5T OC - Motherboard Z77MA-G45 - PSU CoolerMaster GX II 750w - Storage WD 500gb HDD - Sound Edifier M3700 5.1 - Headset Corsair Vengeance 1500 - Mouse Razer Deathadder 2013 - Keyboard Razer Anansi - Mousepad Steelseries QcK+ - Xbox 360 Wireless Controller x2

People still make mini oven and heater jokes about AMD and I don't see you telling them to let it go.

Haven't seen any recently. 

AMD cards do run hot though. AFAIK they're also designed to withstand higher temps.

I agree with @eelnico09.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

You said the last chunk ran slower, basically saying it had less performance, talking about performance...

And it's not that i defend them, i'm not a little spoiled kid, seriously i'm amazed how butthurt some people is, you were lied to? Well too bad, go return your card or stfu. You are going to be lied a lot, get used to it.

It's isn't like it doesn't when you go over 3.5 GB, I was talking about them lying, now when I prove you are wrong you tell me to STFU ??? just because I'm going get lied to doesn't meant I will shut up and if you do then that's your problem, it looks like you can't even have a civilized argument, I'm done arguing with you as you simply can't admit you are wrong and accept the reality,

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Haven't seen any recently. 

AMD cards do run hot though. AFAIK they're also designed to withstand higher temps.

I agree with @eelnico09.

agree with him on what exactly ???

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

keep it on topic without attack others character and intelligence. all this

back-n-forth hasn't really improved any of the topic. just attacking members

and is very close to getting closed like the other thread with the similar subject.

so a general warning to those that just have to but shouldn't, comment on topic

of we will just close the thread.

You called all people fools, you countered my argument as it's not true while it's true, you shoved words down my throat trying to make my arrgument about performance not about Nvidia lying.

Where did i say it was not true? I said the gpu has a total of 4gb how's that wrong? It has 3.5gb+0.5gb, go to your calculator and do 3.5+0.5 and then tell me what's that equal to.

Then i agreed they lied, no1 can say they didn't.

And you did talk about performance:

both chunks are usable but the last chunk is running at much lower speed

What do you mean by that then? Anyone would assume you're talking about the last chunk's performance...

And yeah, returning the card is foolish imo, you won't gain performance if you go and buy a 290x, and is not like the 3.5gb is not enough.

Seriously guys

And yes I will try as hard as I can to make this appear in every thread involving the 970 issue.

keep it on topic without attack others character and intelligence. all this

back-n-forth hasn't really improved any of the topic. just attacking members

and is very close to getting closed like the other thread with the similar subject.

so a general warning to those that just have to but shouldn't, comment on topic

of we will just close the thread.

To be fair, most of the discussions on the 970 memory issues haven't produced anything good.

Oh boy another thread over the same issue with the same comments with the same hate and the same anger. I don't see the point in repeating yourself. Nvidia messed up. No need to keep saying it. You have the right to be angry. But it's pointless to say the same thing over and over like a broken record.

Wishing leads to ambition and ambition leads to motivation and motivation leads to me building an illegal rocket ship in my backyard.

Where did i say it was not true? I said the gpu has a total of 4gb how's that wrong? It has 3.5gb+0.5gb, go to your calculator and do 3.5+0.5 and then tell me what's that equal to.

Then i agreed they lied, no1 can say they didn't.

And you did talk about performance:

What do you mean by that then? Anyone would assume you're talking about the last chunk's performance...

And yeah, returning the card is foolish imo, you won't gain performance if you go and buy a 290x, and is not like the 3.5gb is not enough.

Okay lets say I understood you wrong, I'm sorry you weren't wrong.

I would use a calculator since I can do basic math.

I didn't talk about performance I talked about Nvidia lying, if that person assumes that I'm talking about performance then he is wrong and should have read the whole argument, I would return the card and get an R9 290X because Nvidia lied to me and that would make me very pissed, 3.5 GB is not enough for all games and people look at @Trik'Stari he had stuttering in dying light, watch dogs and skyrim.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

To be fair, most of the discussions on the 970 memory issues haven't produced anything good.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

WHy ???????????????

Because this thing is getting out if hand ... The discussion is not friendly anymore .

People are turning on eachother.

Its time to put down the pitchforks .

This discussion is no longer intellectual.

Ego has mixed with it .

Everyone is trying to prove that their point is valid and the other one is worthless.

This way , there won't be any conclusion at all.

there has been plenty of discussion on this already .

I know these type of debates all too well..

They are an infinite loop of same things being posted again and then they become worse .

Things get personal.

This creates an unfriendly environment in the forum ..

That's why .

@looney

How to make your droids snappier:

The ultimate laptop buying guide :

Now you get it  ;)

Because this thing is getting out if hand ... The discussion is not friendly anymore .

Ego has mixed with it .

Everyone is trying to prove that their point is valid and the other one is worthless.

They are an infinite loop of same things being posted again and then they become worse .

Things get personal.

That's why .

B-b-b-but Disney Music! I've actually not spent too long in these debates. Not at all really :P

Ego has mixed with it .

Things get personal.

That's why .

You make great points but I would still participate in these arguments. 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I wonder what the reaction would be if this happened to the 980? Worse? Better? Would people still say "It still has 4GB" or "You wouldn't use more than 3.5GB anyways, the cards not powerful enough to use more than that" ?

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

I wonder what the reaction would be if this happened to the 980? Worse? Better? Would people still say "It still has 4GB" or "You wouldn't use more than 3.5GB anyways, the cards not powerful enough to use more than that" ?

Will 3.5GB is enough, that is what I imagine they would say.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

I've contacted everyone, and they all have not contacted me. Has anyone actually took it back, or am i just hearing rumors?

Where did you buy it from?

CPU: i7 4790k Mobo: Gigabyte GA Z97X Gaming 5 Cooler: Corsair H80i GPU:Reference GTX 970 SSD: Crucial MX100 HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB PSU: Corsair CS750M Gold 80+ RAM: A-Data XPG V3 8GB OS: Windows 8.1 Case: NZXT H440 Razer Edition Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Chroma Headset: Razer Kraken Pro 7.1 Surround Sound

Extra 970 for SLI, another SSD

It does have 4GB of VRAM. It just doesn't have the resources to access the last 12.5% at the same speed. It's the ROP count and memmory bandwidth which was misrepresented.

This is how effective Nvidia's marketing has been over the years. Impressive.

You misread my comment.

Handing out TechRx's

As I see it we have a few options....

1. Return the card if you can, never buy Nvidia again if you feel so strongly about the lying. Lying is not cool, so you decide if you ever want to do business again with Nvidia
  2. Don't return the card. You still don't buy Nvidia again BUT you still are happy with how the 970 still performs, its still the same card that people blew their loads over during all the benchmarks. 
  3. You don't care because you're a cynic and you realize that Nvidia is simply the company that got caught this time around, otherwise everyone always lies so trying to buy from an "honest" company is a laughable concept. 

All of which are perfectly valid options for anyone to exercise. Why do we need to jump down peoples throats on this issue? Why do we need to get so viciously nasty in every single one of these threads?