What should I review next?

one thing I think would be a cool series to do is quarterly reviews of motherboards/general pc tech over the course of the year so people can easily figure out what is worth buying within their budget (so review budget, mid class, enthusiast and benchmark them), I find it rather annoying that no one else does this online and it makes it hard to determine what really is your best performance to price parts for any period of the year.

Also do more monitors like every monitor on ncix ALL OF THEM!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there LMG,

I commented on a video but you know comments on youtube don't usually get seen, I was trying to maybe recommend doing a video on the various motherboard brands auto-overclocking feature, see which brand received the best stable clock speed and also see how it compares to a manual overclock so people can see if it is even worth doing the auto overclock.

Moving vlogs.. And using a desktop GPU on a laptop

Join da discord 

Spoiler

(Intel Core i5 4590 - XFX R9 280 - ASUS z97-A USB 3.1 - EVGA SuperNOVA 750B - 16GB EVGA DDR3-EDITION - NZXT H440 -

WD BLACK 1TB - OZC ARC 100 240gb)

#locked(ง ͠° ͟ل͜ ͡°)ง

Dear Linus Tech Tips,

Thank you for all the work you do on the show, love every minute of it.

I wanted to request, if you see this, would you entertain the idea of reviewing a few AV Receivers. As you know from your experience with your Home Media PC, the heat from your components takes it's toll on your equipment, and I'm sure that your Onkyo is far from the exception. In fact, with the newer Class D receivers we are going to have to migrate from Analogue quality to Digital efficiency. Cheaper wattage, improved thermals, and the variety at which these SKUs are coming are signs of a growth market.

Pioneer's SC line covers a small gamut and might be open to sending you a few review samples of these but there are almost "Zero" reviews on the internet. I understand that you would need to do a little upgrading to the new office for some subjective testing, which might add a little more luxury to your work environment. I beg of you to at least cover the one thing about receivers that is almost always overlooked by most, but is extremely valuable to the tech crowd, the networked control.

We all want a HTPC running KODI pumping out audio and video to our receiver, amplified to our speakers and synced with the video that has been losslessly displayed on our pride and joy(TV). I know the tech crowd has a problem with control factor, Logitech is attempting to bridge this gap, but is doomed to fall far shorter than our expectations. In a perfect world we would be able to control everything from our windows 10 laptop/notebook/tablet/phone. (I refuse to include apple) Remote assistance works for the HTPC controls, KODI's web based GUI is still a satisfactory tool, but the as of now nonexistence of a web based interface with the television is atrocious as companies instead are focusing and competing for the, "Smartest TV" since giving up the race for panel quality which they were originally intended to do, not to mention will always be less than when compared to even a Raspberry Pi. The only way is to follow the data, and after the HTPC, comes the receiver, which actually does have a few networked controls meaning the tech is there, but it is almost as dated as Award BIOS was prior to the recent UEFI.

With your viewer base, and the power you hold, you may be able to force companies to address these issues through education and exposure.

In any case, thank's for everything, and you should be reviewing an i8 not a 1 Series, Top Gear needs some better competition, and you need more reasons to miss your flights.

As much as I know Linus that you hate "wireless" connectivity.  I think it could be beneficial to review some wireless PCIE cards.  I've run into a conundrum in my new house where I have no easy ability to fish ethernet cables without doing a lot of repair work (I'm in construction and have no issues but it would be quite a bit of work), having the basement finished doesn't help.  I have however acquired an Asus PCE-AC68 card at least for my main machine upstairs with excellent success.  I've done some very minor testing on transfer machines to my media server which is hard wired to the R8000 downstairs with excellent results.  I don't consider myself a heavy user by your standards but do stream everything to everywhere in the house now, maybe it sounds more of a router slash PCIE wireless card package for testing/reviewing.  Anyhow I'd be curious what's out there on that front outside of what I purchased (yes panic'd and quick research led me to that device and it's worked out great but I always am looking for "what else is out there")

And maybe to add to the above request from Dovaogedys2112, maybe include cabinet cooling options like Cabcool & AC Infinity gear as a suggestion as I've had to move my Media server back into a cabinet and will have to add cabinet cooling without question.

Thank you,

SRT10

Review a review.  Look at one of your old videos and do a voice over commentary like we see with movies.

Some more Skylake CPU's and compare them to Haswell CPU's, to see if Skylake is worth it at this moment

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Would love to see more videos on case fans, mATX & ITX cases, motherboards such as the H97 line which no one ever seems to talk about though most people use and even applications that you guys love.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd be happy with more Raijintek coolers. Some are really awesome and are much easier to obtain in some locations.

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

ultimate amd build yeah ik amd is kinda not prefured and i am intel all the way but like ultimate amd gaming pc would be pretty cool

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16855959008&cm_re=s113bt-_-55-959-008-_-Product

Arctic Coooling S113BT Portable Bluetooth Speaker

I dont recall you guys ever reviewing a bluetooth speaker, and neweggs price here really takes the cake right now. I did a review and teardown of it. Well worth the 18 bucks.