Ways to secure a pc (on a desk) in place ?

mitsosvazelos84

Hello guys ,
I almost got my pc destroyed by falling over my desk , I want to prevent that from happening again .
You see , my desk is placed at the left-up corner of my room , making my pc act like an office desk wall while beeing in the right side of my desk . My desk faces a wall beside a window that lies about 30cm right from the pc tower .
So , my question is ;
Is there a way to secure a tower on a desk in place so that like a push wont turn it over ? Some kind of bards or what ever coming from the wall or a desk mod ?Or anything at all ?

Thank you in advance. smile.gif 

Mitsosvazelos84

Hello guys ,

I almost got my pc destroyed by falling over my desk , I want to prevent that from happening again .

You see , my desk is placed at the left-up corner of my room , making my pc act like an office desk wall while beeing in the right side of my desk . My desk faces a wall beside a window that lies about 30cm right from the pc tower .

So , my question is ;

Is there a way to secure a tower on a desk in place so that like a push wont turn it over ? Some kind of bards or what ever coming from the wall or a desk mod ?Or anything at all ?

Mitsosvazelos84

Bolt it :P or use a strap-band.

Make it so your pc hangs from the sealing :D

Current rig: CPU: AMD FX-8120  Cooling: Corsair H100i  Mobo: ASRock 970 Extreme 3  RAM: 8GB 1333Mhz  GPU: MSI GTX 660Ti Power Edition  Case: Fractal Design Define R4  Storage: 2TB Seagate HDD + 128GB Crucial SSD  PSU: be quiet! 730W bronze

Put it flat.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Super glue? 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Sell it.

Case:NZXT H440   CPU:3570k @ 4.4ghz   Cooler:Prolimatech Megahalems w/ ap121 p/p  GPU:Gigabyte Windforce GTX 770  RAM:Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer 16gb 1600mhz  Mobo:Sabertooth Z77     PSU:Cooler Master Silent Pro M 700w   Wheel: Logitech G27 + joystick as handbrake Asus DGX 5.1        Mouse: Corsair M65     Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger Cherry MX black  Headphones: ATH-M50s    Phone: Nexus 5 32GB  Earphones: Sennheiser CX 400ii    SSD: 120gb 840 evo  HDD: WD Enterprise 2TB    AMP&DAC: Schiit Stack. 

So much spam....

Enderman , I dontwant to put it flat , I want to see that beauty ...

lani100 by bolting it you mean securing it to the desk via screws I suppose .... and also how can i trap a 450D? In case you didn't notice , that case has realtively tall feet under it .

You could maybe make a bracket out of tubing or something to hold it down. Otherwise I would say bolt it down like others have said although if you do tip your desk over again it might damage the computer even more since it might fall directly onto the case. You could also get straps to tie it down too.

CPU: Intel i7 4790k  Motherboard: MSI Z97S Sli Krait Edition  RAM: 16GB Kingston Hyperx Fury (black)  GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX970  
Case: Coolermaster Mastercase Pro 5  Storage: 1TB WD 120GB Samsung OSD  PSU: Corsair RM750  Monitor: Acer 23"  
KeyboardCM Storm Quickfire TK Cherry MX Blue  OS: Windows 10     Working on hardline watercooling!  :D

pics please?

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

Hello guys ,

So , my question is ;

Mitsosvazelos84

hot glue, its pretty strong if you use lots and you can use a blow dryer to remove it cleanly

Java tuts:

Constructors, possibly more to come.

221 Goodbye.

Just put it on the floor.

Or drill a hole through the bottom of the PC case, through the desk and bolt it on.

Spoiler

Desktop: Ryzen9 5950X | ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wifi) | EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 | 32GB (2x16GB) Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB Pro 3600Mhz | EKWB EK-AIO 360D-RGB | EKWB EK-Vardar RGB Fans | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro, 4TB Samsung 980 Pro | Corsair 5000D Airflow | Corsair HX850 Platinum PSU | Asus ROG 42" OLED PG42UQ + LG 32" 32GK850G Monitor | Roccat Vulcan TKL Pro Keyboard | Logitech G Pro X Superlight  | MicroLab Solo 7C Speakers | Audio-Technica ATH-M50xBT2 LE Headphones | TC-Helicon GoXLR | Audio-Technica AT2035 | LTT Desk Mat | XBOX-X Controller | Windows 11 Pro

Spoiler

Server: Fractal Design Define R6 | Ryzen 3950x | ASRock X570 Taichi | EVGA GTX1070 FTW | 64GB (4x16GB) Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000Mhz | Corsair RM850v2 PSU | Fractal S36 Triple AIO | 12 x 8TB HGST Ultrastar He10 (WD Whitelabel) | 500GB Aorus Gen4 NVMe | 2 x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo Plus NVMe | LSI 9211-8i HBA

floor - wood that is an inch tall - case.

The tall wood will keep it off the floor hindering dust. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Honeslty you are looking at bolting it to the wall or desk using brackets. It's the best way to keep it from falling over.

The next best way is using straps attached at the back of the case near the top to a point on the wall.

If you don't want to secure it but want to make sure it doesn't tip over easily at weight to the bottom. It will lower the center of gravity enough making it difficult to tip.

If you would give us a picture we would be much more able to help you. As it stands we don't really know all that much about your setup and therefore we cannot really give you the best answer.

Bolt it down.
Drill some holes in the bottom of your case, pass some hex bolt (or machine screws) with a washer through the holes of the case that you made and into the desk, then put a nut to finish it off. It won't move. Assuming you have a wooden desk anyway... if it's glass, can't do this.

Or you can simply not have it on the desk, but instead on the floor.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro

Now, these may sound really messed up and possibly a bit stupid, but just bear with me. I don't have pictures so I can't tell what kind of desk you have, so I've come up with an idea for each.

First one: go to your hardware store, grab a pack of neodymium magnets that are about the size of your case's feet. Then get a piece of steel (it has to be steel) sheeting about the size of the case's bottom dimension (maybe a bit bigger - I like to be safe). Superglue/epoxy it to the right side of your desk and wait for it to set. . Take any rubber off of the feet, and expoxy the magnets to the bottoms. Now very carefully place the computer onto the steel sheet, and you're gold. You can use old hard drive magnets if you have some lying around, that would work too.

Alternatively, if your desk has a lip over the edge (I never know, it might do), then all you need is two C-clamps. Clamp them so that the bolt rod sticks upwards, and cinch it as tightly as you possibly can. Add some rubber between the clamp jaws and the desk so that you don't punch dents into the top. Alternatively, if you wanted a more elegant solution, you could get a couple of those clamping monitor-stand-rod looking things (if you know where to get them) and do it that way. Then your desk doesn't look like a workbench.

Put a couple of vertical metal rods in the desk on the side it'd fall towards M6 or M8 rod should do the trick. Could sleeve them if you're worried about scratches.

Green With Envy

A build based on a children's cartoon

Hello guys ,

So , my question is ;

Mitsosvazelos84

Go to lowes or home depot and buy some small L-brackets and secure it to your desk with them

I would go with bolting it down .... or using carpentry clamps in some way

i5 4670k @4.2ghz / MSI Z87 G45 / EVGA GTX 960 SSC / Samsung  840 EVo SSD / WD Green 1tb HDD / Corsair H75 / Corsair Obsidian 750D / Corsair CS750M

you could use something similar to a kitchen cabinet handle and screw them to the desk

pls upload a photo...I can't follow what you mean....