Painting a Motherboard DIY Project - ASUS Rampage V Extreme - Part 2

Yes, finally! :)

edit

I did not know so many people were against this. Haters gonna hate, I say. If you don't acknowledge trolls, they don't exist. Super glad the board works and even if there are some "iffy" spots, the board looks great!

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

i had faith in you linus :D

and what can you say, haters gonna hate anyway

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

if the mobo did brick during the painting process

that is one nice blue paperweight

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Yay. Questions are answered. Video before 11. Based Linus. Illuminati confirmed.

Gaming Rig: i5-3570k+H100i (4.3 ghz) | P8Z77-i Deluxe | MSI Twin Frozr 7950 Boost | HX650 | 1TB HGST | 840 Evo 250 GB

Glad it worked out! I hope we see an update on LinusTech 's personal rig when it's all together

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

Awesome, I'm glad that everything worked out and POST'ed, even ran stress tests without major hassles.
I don't see why people would hate on this, it's awesome, rare (well at least for painting pretty much every damn slot), and works flawlessly.

I was planning on doing pretty much the same (bar the little poker w/ paint) with my Z87X-OC Force, but after a little bit I fell in love with the gorgeous Orange/Black colour scheme with my PCCG PSU extensions (Tarantula) and colour-matched H440. 

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

Glad it worked, and glad you gave the haters a total ass whooping!

I like ghetto mods and im glad the Rampage V survived :)

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Glad it worked out, i've been eagerly awaiting this video, definitely not something i'd try out but damn good job,

I figured it was going to work. You did a good enough job with the paint.

:D

"The board is fully functional!, Take thatt haters!!"

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Yay! 

The only time incorrectly is spelled incorrectly is when it is spelled incorrectly.

Slightly disappointed that it worked, I voted for the WS board it was in competition with.

But that said, it turning out well is good. And I really like that you didn't censor the names of the haters.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

I don't really get the hate from the commenters. I mean, it's LinusTechTips! So glad that the motherboard works fine. Looking forward for your personal build log Linus :D

Ya'll spoiled the video for me..

Drawbacks of large resolutions. T_T

I have to admit that I am honestly surprised that the mobo even posted. With that I will say Linus is very lucky and I hope he never does this again. However this one stunt does not make him stupid like some of the comments implied, but it does show that he has the balls to ruin something that was provided by a sponsor of his channel. In fact ASUS' Int'l Facebook page even commented on the topic and it got a lot of hate from both sides. I agree it was a bad idea but at least it worked so that's all that matters. Keep up the good work Linus!

CPU: Intel Core i7 4770K | Motherboard: ASUS Republic of Gamers Maximus VI Hero | RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 MHz DDR3 | GPU: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Case: Fractal Design R4 | Storage: 240 GB Intel 530 Series SSD (Boot) 1 TB Seagate Barracuda (Data) | OS: Windows 10 Pro Insider Preview | PSU: Cooler Master Silent Pro M2 850W Bronze | Cooler: Corsair H75 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 non RGB w/ blue switches | Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB | Headset: Corsair VOID Yellowjacket | Laptop: ASUS Q550LF 

Well, I'm glad that despite the high risk, the board didn't end up dead. I really thought that you wouldn't be able to take the paint off the contacts.

Would have been a real shame.

Congratz on your newly modded mobo. It looks very good!