Linus and the word "basically"

Opzon

They seems to be brothers as he loves saying basically. I was planning on making a video about it but I am way to fat and lazy to do such a thing. I feel the need to point out how pointless "basically" is. 

He can continue saying it and I will still watch the wan show, all I want to do is express how much it urks me :( when he says it. (I blame a show called Loveline pointing out this word and using a bell every time it is used)

POINTLESS WORD IS POINTLESS..... sometimes

Examples of Linus using the word "basically:

this will be based off of the newest WAN show posted Jan 16th and also based on the fact that I started this thread in the middle of the show

Also, times are shortly after the sentence was said.

1. And basically its ya uhm..... (I guess that wasn't a complete sense but whatever) ~47:01

2. Basically they're good guys..... ~47:20

3. So basically the internet is freaking out.... ~50:09 (understandable use of the word)

4. Basically they got slammed with a 600k fine.... ~1:00:08

5. Basically not a whole lot is known.... ~1:22:20

6. Promises basically your computer.... ~1:23:00

7. Well bas- anywhere you want... ~1:23:16

8. Its basically like having that.... ~1:23:26

Sorry if this isn't allowed or something. Also may make Linus angry? :( sowwy. 

Basic means pretty much underlying, How is it a worthless word?

My Gaming PC

|| CPU: Intel i5 4690@4.3Ghz || GPU: Dual ASUS gtx 1080 Strix. || RAM: 16gb (4x4gb) Kingston HyperX Genesis 1600Mhz. || Motherboard: MSI Z97S Krait edition. || OS: Win10 Pro

Trust me, Im an Engineer

Basic means pretty much underlying, How is it a worthless word?

Most of the time its used, it doesn't need to be there. 

"Basically they got slammed with a 600k fine". They were fined. You don't need "basically"

I love it when Linus says basically, or anything in general....:D

And why is it useless, if you took it out, the sentence wouldn't really be right

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Also, times are shortly have the sentence was said.

So basically, that doesn't make any sense. :huh: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

I love it when Linus says basically, or anything in general.... :D

And why is it useless, if you took it out, the sentence wouldn't really be right

Of course it would be right. 

"Basically their good guys". Saying "Their good guys" instead of having "basically" in their is a (lack of a better word) "right" sentence. 

So basically, that doesn't make any sense.  :huh: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fixed

So basically, that doesn't make any sense. :huh: ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But seriously, Basically what are you trying to say is that basically.....?

Could we stop spamming me beautiful thread complaining about someone's signature. We basically need to discuss the topic at hands.

They seems to be brothers as he loves saying basically. I was planning on making a video about it but I am way to fat and lazy to do such a thing. I feel the need to point out how pointless "basically" is. 

He can continue saying it and I will still watch the wan show, all I want to do is express how much it urks me :( when he says it. (I blame a show called Loveline pointing out this word and using a bell every time it is used)

POINTLESS WORD IS POINTLESS..... sometimes

Examples of Linus using the word "basically:

this will be based off of the newest WAN show posted Jan 16th and also based on the fact that I started this thread in the middle of the show

Also, times are shortly after the sentence was said.

1. And basically its ya uhm..... (I guess that wasn't a complete sense but whatever) ~47:01

2. Basically their good guys..... ~47:20

3. So basically the internet is freaking out.... ~50:09 (understandable use of the word)

4. Basically they got slammed with a 600k fine.... ~1:00:08

5. Basically not a whole lot is known.... ~1:22:20

6. Promises basically your computer.... ~1:23:00

7. Well bas- anywhere you want... ~1:23:16

8. Its basically like having that.... ~1:23:26

Sorry if this isn't allowed or something. Also may make Linus angry? :( sowwy.

So linus is a young white girl. :lol: 

A lot of people have words they say too much or connecting phrases they use.

I think it's rather mean to call him out on that, might make him self conscious

Edit

Of course, I say this having done the same thing myself 

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/200702-the-ltt-vert-desk/

a bit mean

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

Of course it would be right. 

"Basically their good guys". Saying "Their good guys" instead of having "basically" in their is a (lack of a better word) "right" sentence. 

Fixed

A lot of the time, an adjective such as basically can put more emphasis on something and give more "punch" to the sentence. Phrases a lot of the time just look bland without a describing word to back it

CPU: i5-4690k GPU: 280x Toxic PSU: Coolermaster V750 Motherboard: Z97X-SOC RAM: Ripjaws 1x8 1600mhz Case: Corsair 750D HDD: WD Blue 1TB

How to Build A PC|Windows 10 Review Follow the CoC and don't be a scrub~soaringchicken

Could we stop spamming me beautiful thread complaining about someone's signature. We basically need to discuss the topic at hands.

Sorry mate, just wanted to let him know.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

you just wrote "basically"

Opzon: Aaaahhhh CRAP! I did too.

:P

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

So basically a thread about somone complaining about Linus saying the word "basically" turned out to be a thread about violating the rules of making a signature....

this is a whole new level everyone

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

Please stay on topic. As per the Code of Conduct,

10. Moderation & Bans

• Do not back seat moderate. Report an offending post using the report button located at the bottom right of each post. Please do not make posts in the thread or send messages reprimanding other users about rulebreaking, this may be considered off topic/spam. Let the moderation team deal with the situation via the report button.

HTTP/2 203

Most of the time its used, it doesn't need to be there. 

"Basically they got slammed with a 600k fine". They were fined. You don't need "basically"

Well if they were talking about that subject previously to saying that in detail, then it's perfectly fine to be used there.... 

It twaz intentional. As everyone else is saying it, I might as well hop on that train.

at least he isn't like a teenage girl saying "like" as every other word.  like, do you even know what I mean?

Where's the Linus shiny supercut?!

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers