PC Master Race is banned

Mooshi

No really, the phrase "PC Master Race" in reference to gaming is banned on NeoGaf. In related news, PC Gamer also wants to swap the meaning for "PC" from "personal computer" to "politically correct". In a nutshell, PC Gamer decided that they should hold your hand and be offended for you. In a move that made gamers go wat, PC Gamer decided that the phrase needed to go. A phrase that most use jokingly in relation to raw performance and moddability of gaming rigs. Most PC Gamers don't care if someone has a PS4 or a Wii U, they're too busy lusting over high end hardware. PC Master Race was kind of like a silly thing said amongst PC gamers. Even a self proclaimed "dirty console peasant" retweeted a PC Master Race image I tweeted a few days ago because it was funny and no one was offended. Those who took PC Master Race as something dead serious spoil the lightheartedness of it. The rest, you can see an image like this and get a giggle:

0f759fa2e1f321535e18de6c93c6f001.jpg

Not like anyone is missing much since you're on LTT and not on a terrible site like Neogaf anyway. But PC Gamer was actually respectable and it's sad how the overly sensitive have way too much influence on policy changing to go against the majority. 

*Note: PC Gamer is not going to actually change their meaning to mean "Politically Correct Gamer", it's based on the comments from PC gamers that a site dedicated to PC Gaming shouldn't try to make their own base feel bad for using the phrase "PC Master Race" just because it isn't politically correct in their eyes.

So pc gamer banned the master race from it's website ????? cause they are butthurt or what ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

This looks like the stuff Really3D makes.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Really3D

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Just like 4 Chan, PC Gamer has been over run by SJWs

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

So now the website will be called Politically Correct Gamer? Wut.

CPU i7-9700K @ 5 GHz Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F RAM Corsair Vengeance 32 GB (4x8) 3000 MHz GPU ASUS RTX 2080 ROG Strix OC x2 SLI Case Corsair Graphite 780T Storage 256 GB Samsung 860 EVO, 6 TB Seagate Barracuda PSU Corsair HX1200i, 1200W Display(s) ASUS PG279Q (1440p 165 Hz), ASUS VG248QE (1080p 144 Hz) Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin 360 radiator Keyboard Logitech G710+ Mouse Logitech G502 Sound Logitech G35 Operating System Windows 10

SJWs sums it up in a nutshell.

Not literally, but many commented that a site called "PC Gamer" trying to make PC gamers feel bad for using the phrase "PC Master Race" and to try to be more politically correct..well..that they may as well change their names to Politically Correct Gamer if their very target of PC Gamers are told that they should feel bad.

SJWs sums it up in a nutshell.

Wut? How does that term have anything to do with those SJW-idiots?

Core i7 4820K  |  NH-D14 | Rampage IV Extreme | Asus R9 280X DC2T | 8GB G.Skill TridentX | 120GB Samsung 840 | NZXT H440  |  Be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 650W

Wut? How does that term have anything to do with those SJW-idiots?

The being offended over something not offensive. Petty 1st world whining.

Finally. I'm sick of that term. It's such a butthurt term.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

Then we'll have CP Master Race

Console Peasant Master Race

Yeah...CP...totally mean Console Peasants. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Then we'll have CP Master Race

Console Peasant Master Race

I doubt it because many console peasants would know they'd just be lying to themselves. 

e59bcc8f4eea2884b130f245a01429e77fe826c8

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

Finally. I'm sick of that term. It's such a butthurt term.

PCMR? I don't see how someone would be butthurt from saying their superior and joking about it lol.

sample_d5b6c36f4907777fdd9b8aeaaaa631ea0

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

PCMR? I don't see how someone would be butthurt from saying their superior and joking about it lol.

The console peasants, duh.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

If someone is using the PCMR lightly, I see nothing wrong. It's only bad when someone uses it to try to attack someone for owning a console. Prebuilt to prebuilt, a 400 dollar Best Buy PC will be shit for gaming. :P

Bleh. Who cares.

Main rig on profile

VAULT - File Server

Spoiler

Intel Core i5 11400 w/ Shadow Rock LP, 2x16GB SP GAMING 3200MHz CL16, ASUS PRIME Z590-A, 2x LSI 9211-8i, Fractal Define 7, 256GB Team MP33, 3x 6TB WD Red Pro (general storage), 3x 1TB Seagate Barracuda (dumping ground), 3x 8TB WD White-Label (Plex) (all 3 arrays in their respective Windows Parity storage spaces), Corsair RM750x, Windows 11 Education

Sleeper HP Pavilion A6137C

Spoiler

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.4GHz, 4x8GB G.SKILL Ares 1800MHz CL10, ASUS Z170M-E D3, 128GB Team MP33, 1TB Seagate Barracuda, 320GB Samsung Spinpoint (for video capture), MSI GTX 970 100ME, EVGA 650G1, Windows 10 Pro

Mac Mini (Late 2020)

Spoiler

Apple M1, 8GB RAM, 256GB, macOS Sonoma

Consoles: Softmodded 1.4 Xbox w/ 500GB HDD, Xbox 360 Elite 120GB Falcon, XB1X w/2TB MX500, Xbox Series X, PS1 1001, PS2 Slim 70000 w/ FreeMcBoot, PS4 Pro 7015B 1TB (retired), PS5 Digital, Nintendo Switch OLED, Nintendo Wii RVL-001 (black)

Seriously did they not think this through?

While an outright ban of the term is silly, screaming "political correctness" about it is not any better. Trust me, knee-jerk reactions like that will not get you guys anywhere. If anything, you are proving the point of that article a bit back.

Read the community standards; it's like a guide on how to not be a moron.

Gerdauf's Law: Each and every human being, without exception, is the direct carbon copy of the types of people that he/she bitterly opposes.

Remember, calling facts opinions does not ever make the facts opinions, no matter what nonsense you pull.

If someone is using the PCMR lightly, I see nothing wrong. It's only bad when someone uses it to try to attack someone for owning a console. Prebuilt to prebuilt, a 400 dollar Best Buy PC will be shit for gaming. :P

Prebuilt? Prebuilts are for laptops which should be a PC gamers tool to temporary escape social requirements like having something to do over thanks giving or christmas when visiting family.

-------

Current Rig

-------