Ted Cruz, Longtime Foe Of NASA And Science, Will Oversee NASA And Science In New Congress

CheechJuan

im fine with conservatives. i just dont like the way most conservatives support policies and ideas which can be shown to not help people or have no basis in reality, eg education spending, most conservatives of the past would see this as an investment in the future but many today do everything they can to avoid spending more on it. and even make cuts where they can.

Well, there are reasons for that. A lot of the new policies seem to be well...not that good for education. Focusing on trivial "sensitivity and tolerance" bullshit that doesn't matter as much as say....mathematics, science, reading, and writing. Not to mention the massive waste of money that is gym classes. I care more about the advancement of technology and intelligence than I do about "tolerance". As for the anti bullying crap, need to teach people what my dad taught me, Someone bullying you? ignore it, they throw a punch? fight back. Schools need to stop turning people into chicken shits and teach people to stand up for themselves.

While I do not believe that any one group should have control of anything, saying this guy is a bad choice simply because he is a republican is obsurd.

And although I do not agree with all of Cruze's policies, he is about balancing the budget. And like it or not if you want to balance the budget there are going to be cuts that people don't agree with. That is how he got a reputation for being anti science unjustly, he is anti debt.

As far as republicans should stay away from science, what about Rand Paul who holds a medical phd?

As far as I'm concerned, NASA should be the 1 thing in the budget that gets the most money, even more so than the military. All other concerns are secondary.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

sigh..

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

How is this "Tech News and Reviews"? This probably belongs in Off-Topic thread.

Well its news and NASA and science relate to technology. 'Tech News' is not limeted to new motherboards or GPUs.

I run my browser through NSA ports to make their illegal jobs easier. :P
If it's not broken, take it apart and fix it.
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/fGM8TW

Oh great. Now The tea party Republican is positioned to make his damage felt for generations, instead of a decade or two. Brilliant.

How does this even happen? Are bad Hollywood screenwriters assigning the roles here?

Both would probably get shot within seconds of taking the podium.

As much as I consider myself a conservative, they have no business having anything to do with science. (the republicans that is)

You trying to give me a heart attack by making me contemplate horrific situations?

That would only give credence to the idea that the NRA is a radical hotbed.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

That would only give credence to the idea that the NRA is a radical hotbed.

No more so than those two lol.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

GG murica. lel

Sim Rig:  Valve Index - Acer XV273KP - 5950x - GTX 2080ti - B550 Master - 32 GB ddr4 @ 3800c14 - DG-85 - HX1200 - 360mm AIO

Long Live VR. Pancake gaming is dead.

Politics is another adversary to Science, who thought in this day and age we would still have set backs.

[ Cruel Angel ]:     Exterior  -   BENQ XL2420T   |   SteelSeries MLG Sensei   |   Corsair K70 RED   |   Corsair 900D  |                                                                                                    CPU:    -   4.7Ghz @ 1.425v             |

Interior    -   i7 4770k   |    Maximus VI Formula    |   Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB    |   ASUS GTX 980 Strix SLIx2  |  840 Pro 512Gb    |    WD Black 2TB  |           RAM:   -   2400Mhz OC @ 1.650v    |

Cooling   -   XSPC 120mm x7 Total Radiator Space   |   XSPC RayStorm    |    PrimoChill Tubing/Res  |                                                                                             GPU:   -   1000Mhz @ 1.158            |

How can someone who believes in creationism be on a scientific panel. This is beyond crazy to me

Test ideas by experiment and observation; build on those ideas that pass the test, reject the ones that fail; follow the evidence wherever it leads and question everything.

Like cordless tools. Or IR thermometers. Or memory foam.

I still remember when my friend dropped that space exploration is pointless .He was driving a car and using GPS at that time.

Anyone that believes that the earth is 6000 years old shouldn't be the head of any scientific establishment!

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

In other news. Republicans disagrees with Obama's plan for 1000Mbps internet because it makes people smarter by gaining access to information.

LTT CSGO SERVER! IP 8.12.22.45!~  Connect by connecting on csgo console

Use console command "connect"   --->  connect 8.12.22.45

REPUBLICANS, litterally can be described as either evil or stupid, i mean the party has pretty much been taken over by extreme groups and has pretty much no normal republicans left.

Oh yes, Republicans are soooo evil.   <_< 

And at least they weren't so stupid as to cut a ten billion dollar budget project mission midway (what a waste of ten billion dollars), or to pass bills they didn't even facking read.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Oh yes, Republicans are soooo evil.   <_<

And at least they weren't so stupid as to cut a ten billion dollar budget project mission midway (what a waste of ten billion dollars), or to pass bills they didn't even facking read.

Bible + Greedy businessmen + Tendency to disagree with scientific facts = Republicans

Bible + Greedy businessmen + Tendency to disagree with scientific facts = Republicans

Ignorance at its finest.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Why the absolute f*ck can't some of you see that this has absolutely NOTHING to do with Republicans or Democrats? Elected officials are supposed to represent THEIR people. NOT JUST THE ONES THAT VOTED FOR THEM. These people (most of them anyway) in congress are nothing but corrupted, stupid, and for the most part racist, ageist, sexist, and all around sc*mbags that play to the highest bidder, whether it be a religious organization or Monsanto.

They should be doing what is best for the people, not what is best for the republicans or democrats.

Can't remember who said it, but basically this system is ****ing over a large percentage of people just to benefit a slightly larger percentage.

-Edited to reduce amount of rage.

-Edited to expand argument.

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

Ignorance at its finest.

"You don't understand jokes" at its finest.

"You don't understand jokes" at its finest.

Considering your prior posts, how is that a joke?

Goodbye Mars by 2030...

Elon Musk is the gabeN of science and will see us explore the stars

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Goodbye Mars by 2030...

By 2030? Obama had it mapped/estimated for 2035 (mids). If it makes it by 2030 now, it will be an improvement.

(besides, Elon Musk will probably do it way before then.)

Wasn't it Ted Cruz's dad that said his son was the chosen one destined by god or something?

Either way this is absolutely terrible news for the scientific community.

5950X | NH D15S | 64GB 3200Mhz | RTX 3090 | ASUS PG348Q+MG278Q

Wasn't it Ted Cruz's dad that said his son was the chosen one destined by god or something?

Either way this is absolutely terrible news for the scientific community.

History should always be considered when talking politics.

Divine Right is such a great plan, especially in the Democratic Republic known as the U.S.A.. /s

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/01/12/ted-cruz-nasa_n_6456270.html

I don't know if any of you have heard about this yet but there is no way that this is a good thing. This is a person who compares Net Neutrality with ObamaCare. 

I understand that there is a shift to the private sector but this is going to be the death of NASA. 

How can we have someone who doesn't understand science running the US's biggest investments in science. 

I had a dream like this where Dick Cheney was the head of the ACLU....surreal.

JSYK, I consider myself to be a "sane person" on the political scale. Let me diagram:

Richard Dawkins..............................Me and most people.......................................Ted Cruz

............V........................................................V...............................................................V

.............-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.......Far Left.........................................Political Scale................................................Far Right

This is just insane, as is Ted Cruz. He appears to be delusional and to not have a grip on reality.

To all the people using this to bash creationism, in what way does space travel correlate to God? Just because I believe in God doesn't mean I don't believe in science, I just don't believe in macroevolution. Since macroevolution has nothing to do with NASA, I find this just as stupid as the rest of you find it.

Please, please, PLEASE don't think Ted Cruz = a common worldview. This man seems medically insane.

On another note, I wonder what would happen if Elon Musk was put in charg of NASA...

"We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." ~Carl Sagan

OnePlus One, 64GB Black, Rooted, Oxygen OS 1.0.0
Moto 360, Silver Finish with 22mm Cognac Leather Band, Pascual watchface
iPad with Retina Display (3rd Generation), 16GB, Black, Wifi Only

CPU: Intel i5-4690K CPU Cooler: Stock Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Z97N WIFI Mini ITX RAM: Kingston Savage 8GB 1866MHz SSD: Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB HDD: WD Caviar Blue 1TB 7200RPM Case: Fractal Design Node 304, Black GPU: Intel HD Graphics 4600 PSU: Corsair RM450 OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Windows 8.1 Pro for Students Monitor: Acer K242HL Bhid 1080p 24" Monitor Keyboard: Corsair Vengeance K70 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech T650

Wasn't it the Obama administration who decide that part of the mission of NASA was Islamic outreach?

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2010/07/07/nasas_muslim_outreach_106214.html

Yet somehow Ted Cruz is unfit, and somehow "anti-science?"

Yeah, sure, whatever.

Oh, and let me play this game

Pol Pot...Richard Dawkins..Techteen14................................................................................Most people..Ted Cruz...Murray Rothbard
.....V.....................V.....................V................................................................................................V.................V........................V...............
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.......Statist Totalitarians...................................................Political Scale.............................................................Libertarian Minarchists

Easy Peasy.