Help with Gaming mATX build for easy transportation, please

Go to solution Solved by ElliotHill,

Honestly, I thought any decent gaming laptop costs +2000 euros but now I have seen that I can find the likes of Lenovo LOQ 15 or MSI Stealth 14 studio with RTX 4060 just for 1000 and 1350 respectively.
I'll just lower my standards in terms of resolution, buy two 1080p monitors, keeping one at each location and just use the laptop instead.

Hello, I would like to build a new PC and since I will be often moving between two living places, I need the case to be small for easy transportation, ideally if I could hold it in my lap/put under my feet while I'm in the car.

I want to use this PC for AAA gaming on 2560x1440 and 3440x1440 resolutions, and don't plan on upgrading anything until probably buying a new PC from scratch after 5-6 years.

From looking through many youtube videos, I've come to conclusion that ASUS Prime AP201 Mesh (want to avoid tempered glass since I will moving it frequently, afraid that it will break in the process) seems to be my best bet, going any smaller and I am looking at mini ATX cases and the associated cost and frustrating building process that comes with it.

I'm torn between which PSU to choose, all of these are at the same price of ~120 euros:

Corsair RM850x (from what I read, probably the best in the list but doesn't have the new power cable for RTX 4000 gpus, will need an adapter due to which cable management could be a total mess...maybe?)
Corsair RM850e (seems to come with the needed GPU cable, but has worse insides than the x version?)
Thermaltake Toughpower GF3 850W (also seems to come with the needed GPU cable but not as highly praised as the corsair RM ones it looks like).

Motherboard, I need it to have both WI-FI and Bluetooth capability, just 1 M.2 SSD slot is all I need, which one to choose?
Asrock B650M Pro RS WiFi (161 euro)
MSI PRO B650M-A WIFI (166 euro)
MSI B650M Gaming Plus WIFI (169 euro)
MAG B650M MORTAR WIFI (224 euro)

All these motherboards seem to have the necessary ports I need, wifi, bluetooth, is there any reason to just not go for the cheapest? I could splurge on the MORTAR which I have seen be recommended in videos but is it really worth paying 63 euros more for it? I know they both have different audio interfaces but I doubt that even the cheapest has worse audio than the old Maximus Vii Hero (intel 4th generation) motherboard I had been using with no complaints.

Next thing I am torn between is choosing an AIO cooler or Air cooler and the corresponding amount of extra fans I need to place and where.

Here are the possible fan mounting positions: 

rv8EqEH.png

I'm leaning towards air cooler (AK400 ZERO DARK PLUS for 43 euros) opposed to AIO (liquid freezer ii 280 for 90 euros) since from what I know 7800x3d doesn't run hot anyways and I would have more peace of mind knowing that there is no pump that could leak/break.

What do you think would be better here and what kind of fan setup you would choose?

I feel like adding fans in "5" and "6" position as intake for GPU is given no matter which cooling option I go.
For AIR cooler, also "4" as exhaust and maybe "2" and "3" for intake so CPU gets some fresh air?
For AIO, maybe "4" as another intake and just "1" and "2" that comes from the AIO itself as exhaust?

If someone has fan recommendations, I would be glad (don't need RGB since it's all closed anyways).

Right now, these are the parts that I have picked:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/fMYs4M

So flat out desktops are NOT MADE TO BE MOVED. Especially custom built ones.

Its is EXTREMELY easy for a gpu to flex and snap the pcie slot or other stuff under its own weight when moved arouns to much.

Your gpu will need A TON OF SUPPORT. A gpu bracket is NOT ENOUGH.

Like basically build an entire frame that hard mounts to the case and makes the card an unmovable object would be the least you'd need to do.

Removing the gpu often is NOT an option the power connector is only rated for a couple dozen times before degradation/breaking and the pcie slot only has to handle 16 movements (both removal and insertion counts) to follow spec

Tower coolers same deal. Quite easy to flex and bend.

An aio will be a lot safer since it has many mounting points but still not ideal. Also mount the radiator DIRECTLY to the frame and have the fans just pull or push air from the back of it.

I have that case, it's a nice case, but I wouldn't want to be moving it around all the time.

1 hour ago, Bitter said:

I have that case, it's a nice case, but I wouldn't want to be moving it around all the time.

Even if you put the case back into the cardboard box with foam that it arrived in? I'm moving 5-6 times a year and really want to enjoy some gaming.

Just now, ElliotHill said:

Even if you put the case back into the cardboard box with foam that it arrived in? I'm moving 5-6 times a year and really want to enjoy some gaming.

Oh yeah that wouldn't be so bad, I thought you meant like back and forth several times a week between divorced parents or something.

Honestly, I thought any decent gaming laptop costs +2000 euros but now I have seen that I can find the likes of Lenovo LOQ 15 or MSI Stealth 14 studio with RTX 4060 just for 1000 and 1350 respectively.
I'll just lower my standards in terms of resolution, buy two 1080p monitors, keeping one at each location and just use the laptop instead.