7900 XT Sapphire VS Asus TUF

Doosh

Hey, so after many months of fighting the store I bought my GPU from because it is crashing my PC, they finally agreed to replace my GPU, I bought the Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XT 20GB and they are willing to replace it for the Asus TUF RX 7900 XT OC 20GB are they pretty much the same or is one better than the other?

15 minutes ago, Doosh said:

Hey, so after many months of fighting the store I bought my GPU from because it is crashing my PC, they finally agreed to replace my GPU, I bought the Sapphire Radeon RX 7900 XT 20GB and they are willing to replace it for the Asus TUF RX 7900 XT OC 20GB are they pretty much the same or is one better than the other?

The difference will be almost purely physical in most cases . DIfferent brands matter only in clock speed if we dont count looks and size (cooling as well but both are quite good at that from what i know) and it seems the asus one has a bit higher of a clock speed at speeds up to around 2.5Gh. Other than that drivers are the same so performance will be within margin of error if not nearly the same

19 minutes ago, Doosh said:

Is it a Pulse, Nitro, or the reference model?

The TUF on the regular BIOS (it has a quiet BIOS too) is cooler than the Pulse at the cost of slightly higher noise.

The reference model runs at similar temperatures to the TUF, but at much higher noise levels than the Pulse or the TUF.

This is going from TPU's cooler performance comparison in their review of the Pulse.

My impression of the Pulse is that Sapphire optimise for low noise and they build decent coolers, which can easily surpass the reference model for a similar price, but they're one of the lower tier models compared to the TUF.

Which sapphire? The pulse and nitro are THE quietest coolers for the 7900 series right now whilst also cooling very well.

The pulse would be same price as the tuf but the nitro is normally a more expensive card.

The tuf is noticably louder.

Performance is identical basically.

20 minutes ago, Millios said:

The difference will be almost purely physical in most cases . DIfferent brands matter only in clock speed if we dont count looks and size (cooling as well but both are quite good at that from what i know) and it seems the asus one has a bit higher of a clock speed at speeds up to around 2.5Gh. Other than that drivers are the same so performance will be within margin of error if not nearly the same

Thanks!

12 minutes ago, Tetras said:

Is it a Pulse, Nitro, or the reference model?

The TUF on the regular BIOS (it has a quiet BIOS too) is cooler than the Pulse at the cost of slightly higher noise.

The reference model runs at similar temperatures to the TUF, but at much higher noise levels than the Pulse or the TUF.

This is going from TPU's cooler performance comparison in their review of the Pulse.

My impression of the Pulse is that Sapphire optimise for low noise and they build decent coolers, which can easily surpass the reference model for a similar price, but they're one of the lower tier models compared to the TUF.

11 minutes ago, jaslion said:

Which sapphire? The pulse and nitro are THE quietest coolers for the 7900 series right now whilst also cooling very well.

The pulse would be same price as the tuf but the nitro is normally a more expensive card.

The tuf is noticably louder.

Performance is identical basically.

Neither, it only says Sapphire.
Thanks for the replies 🙂

1 minute ago, Doosh said:

Thanks!

Neither, it only says Sapphire.
Thanks for the replies 🙂

If it doesn't say then it is probably a reference model (you can check by googling MBA 7900 XT, which is the same thing), in which case pretty much anything is a decent upgrade.

Tuf isclocked higher from the factory so it might performs single digits better than the sapphire. other than i would get the asus tuf

I Use my knowledge as business owner and self taught technician aswell as an AI to help people. AI might be controversial but it actually works pretty well 90% of the time.

25 minutes ago, Tetras said:

If it doesn't say then it is probably a reference model (you can check by googling MBA 7900 XT, which is the same thing), in which case pretty much anything is a decent upgrade.

19 minutes ago, SavageNeo said:

Tuf isclocked higher from the factory so it might performs single digits better than the sapphire. other than i would get the asus tuf

Awesome!
Thanks guys 🙂

The TUF will be fine. If it makes more noise than you are comfortable with, switch to the silent BIOS and run the GPU at 1050mV and max frequency 2500Mhz in Adrenalin