Charlie Hebdo will publish one million copies next week with help from Google-backed fund

ahhming

Not everybody watches news. I havent seen a TV in several years now and i dont watch news on youtube either. Also my fb is free of any peoplebi dont talk to regulary or havent been a friend with for ass long time.

So i would love more info in the OPs post as well :)

Same situation as you, but i do have friend and we do discuss recent events.

{edit - no offence intended} 

I agree, it is obvious that the gunmen didn't have freedom of speech in mind when they engaged, but FoS is a preferable agenda for the general public, rather than "Look, they are different, let's be angry and protest about it!"

Some people might start thinking their rights are in danger.  These attackers are touted as Muslim.  So logically, Muslims are taking away FoS.  See where I am heading? :wacko:

You missed the "not misuse it". With freedom comes responsibility.

I'm not misusing anything. I'm stating my opinion on a sub-Reddit.

Stop over analysing everything.

Some people might start thinking their rights are in danger.  These attackers are touted as Muslim.  So logically, Muslims are taking away FoS.  See where I am heading? :wacko:

*shrugs* Well, the anti-islamic narrative hasn't seemed to have reared its ugly head in any meaningful way yet.

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

*shrugs* Well, the anti-islamic narrative hasn't seemed to have reared its ugly head in any meaningful way yet.

You mean like this:  http://www.splcenter.org/home/2012/spring/fbi-bias-crimes-against-muslims-remain-at-high-levels

...or the thousands of other incidents?  People find all kinds of reasons to hurt one another... makes them feel good.

You mean like this:  http://www.splcenter.org/home/2012/spring/fbi-bias-crimes-against-muslims-remain-at-high-levels

...or the thousands of other incidents?  People find all kinds of reasons to hurt one another... makes them feel good.

PMed, so we stop diverting this thread :P

"The unexamined life is not worth living" - Apology 38a, Socrates

Using the same analogy, any woman who wears a summer dress when it's warm only has herself to blame if she gets raped, right? She should have kept in mind that there could be people out there who were willing to abuse her.

>> Tumblr much ?

Perhaps you want to live like a coward, but not all of us do.

Satire and ridicule is a part of the free speech we in the west propagate. Those who dislike that simply have no place in our society. 

I am talking about extremists. I'm talking about people who got no sense whatsoever, who can kill for a yes or a no. They are a threat, for everyone muslims included. It's a fact that they are IN france, Charlie Hebdo crew were stupid because they didn't care about the threats. They could have just toned down a bit,  but they choosed otherwise, they got rekt.

I'm gonna repeat it, Freedom of Speech =/= Consequence Free Speech

Freedom of Speech is me going to someone in the street and insulting him. The consequence is i'm gonna get my ass beat up.

Instead of getting butthurt because muh freedum uf speach, why not trying to find real answers to real problems ? 

"Nonetheless that was a piece of shit newspaper and it got what it probably deserved

Another day another bombing in syria 18 deaths

we lost an airplane again like it's some sort of RC toy

kim kardashian bla bla bla..."

and this fucked up world goes round.

The end.

Good C:

I am also really glad that the focus of this is freedom of speech, because I often worry about repurcussions of sectarianism, and the fact that everyone, muslims and non muslims alike, are working together, is wonderful in my eyes.

:) I enjoy your demeanor and your sense of togetherness (it is important to know both:  things that make us similar, AND things that make each of us unique/different).  EXCEPT!  for the freedom of speech part.  This is not really a FoS issue... it is a murder issue. :ph34r:

@SuperfastJellyfish Way to stay on topic...good find.

I am talking about extremists. I'm talking about people who got no sense whatsoever, who can kill for a yes or a no. They are a threat, for everyone muslims included. It's a fact that they are IN france, Charlie Hebdo crew were stupid because they didn't care about the threats. They could have just toned down a bit,  but they choosed otherwise, they got rekt.

I'm gonna repeat it, Freedom of Speech =/= Consequence Free Speech

Freedom of Speech is me going to someone in the street and insulting him. The consequence is i'm gonna get my ass beat up.

Instead of getting butthurt because muh freedum uf speach, why not trying to find real answers to real problems ? 

"Nonetheless that was a piece of shit newspaper and it got what it probably deserved

Another day another bombing in syria 18 deaths

we lost an airplane again like it's some sort of RC toy

kim kardashian bla bla bla..."

and this fucked up world goes round.

The end.

the sole point of the attack was to silence charlie hebdo, silence a member of the press.  it sends a message to other journalist that if you print something we dont agree with we will attack you, that is a direct attack on the freedom of speech. end of.

im am done with you sad excuses especially you generallee, i found your statements beyond abhorrent.....seek help

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

the sole point of the attack was to silence charlie hebdo, silence a member of the press.  it sends a message to other journalist that if you print something we dont agree with we will attack you, that is a direct attack on the freedom of speech. end of.

im am done with you sad excuses especially you generallee, i found your statements beyond abhorrent.....seek help

Using your logic, the solution is to keep making fun of religious icons even if it bothers people... and make sure it is loud so they hear it.  You WANT to upset others.  Why not just change to subject matter?  Because why?  They gonna win?  Maybe you just like being angry at an easy target, kind of like the assailants in this story.  Maybe you could learn about an emotion called sadness, feel it... move on with understanding.

Although the basic understanding of this situation is really that, basic.  What happens with each person that learns of it may not be basic.  There is a problem, there are many believing it is a FoS issue.  That is a HUGE error.  By your mistaken logic, I can therefore take away peoples human rights as I please.  I think you might actually like the mistaken idea that YOU can take away someone's human rights, more than someone like me does.

When you talk shit to someone and they react badly, are they trying to take your FoS away from you?  No, they are getting upset and want you to either stop talking to them or cause you pain. 

Hindsight is 20/20.  I would have rather the cartoons not offended anyone and a dozen people would not have been killed.  So, was it worth printing that crap to proclaim:  "I can say whatever I damn well please".... F*CK NO. 

Generallee is abrasive, but that is because he/she is emotionally driven.  Those people (nobody does) did not deserve to be indiscriminately murdered.

When you talk shit to someone and they react badly, are they trying to take your FoS away from you?  No, they are getting upset and want you to either stop talking to them or cause you pain. 

There's a difference between talking shit to someone and making a joke regarding their ideology. 

If you're upset, voice your opinion, file a complaint, start a court case or even organize protests.  If you start killing people because they make fun of something you believe in, you've crossed a line.

There's a difference between talking shit to someone and making a joke regarding their ideology. 

Really?  What is the difference?

then you should there is so much more to life and much more important things then your PC

That's up to every person, what is important for them. I also haven't watched news in TV for few years

1. reason - there are only news about killing a political excrements (nicely told) so is there any reason to watch it?

Man killed 200 people at airport, woman killed her child, child killed whole family... Did it changed your life that you saw this? Of course when you see it you feel bad and sorry for that but that does not change anything. Same things everyday.

2. reason - I've moved to abroad and the only TV news I have are in language that I don't really understand (that's the reason why I haven't seen TV in a year(news for few years) ) but I would't watch it even if i could understand.

If there is something really interesting for me i can check it on the internet. I mostly just browse some sites and accidentally come across news, but that does not really interests me.

Do you seek for new designs of dresses/skirts or do you seek news about gardening and what kind of solid you should use this year when it's not important to you and does not have any value for you?

Spoiler

CPU: Intel i5-4690K | Mobo: MSI Z97 Gaming 3 | RAM: Kingston Savage 4x4GB | GPU: Asus Strix GTX970 | PSU: Seasonic M12II-620 Evo | Storage: MX100 128GB + WD Blue 1TB | Cooling: CM Hyper 212 evo | Case: NZXT H440

Really?  What is the difference?

Oh come on !  You have got to be trolling now.

Making fun of religious things:

284595_492192630792121_395774596_n.jpg

insulting someone :

"Your mother is a fat whore and you're an inbred pig. "

If you still can't tell the difference, I give up.  I can't dumb it down any further.

I just heard about the shooting yeserday in school...

I never watch news or never read news. I only read tech news:D

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Oh come on !  You have got to be trolling now.  I can't dumb it down any more than I've done already.  If you still don't understand it, I give up.

Please.  I don't want to go through all the crap you wrote in this thread.  I did read it all.  You have this fantastical idea that you are part of some superior sect of human beings.  The tiniest modicum of learned integrity and you believe you are right:  'if I was on that rooftop, I would have killed those murderers'.

Really, I would love to see what you would do.  What you picture in your mind, and what you REALLY do could be vastly different things.

Fact is, ridicule and stupidity reigned supreme at all kinds of levels in this ENTIRE situation.  Tell me, who's life did you save recently Captain? 

lol, 2 funny.

...I am attacking your ideology BTW...

Yes but responding by shooting him in the face is a little over the top

They could have had a protest, or maybe publish some newspapers about the french press or something

Eye for an eye..not eye for an ak47

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Oh come on !  You have got to be trolling now.

Making fun of religious things:

284595_492192630792121_395774596_n.jpg

insulting someone :

"Your mother is a fat whore and you're an inbred pig. "

If you still can't tell the difference, I give up.  I can't dumb it down any further.

Hey, thanks for the multimedia.  Again... I don't see a difference.  If I hold priests to a high regard, I might be insulted.  If my mother was fat and slept with her cousins, I might not take offense. 

What you are failing to realize is "my dumb", might be smarter than your "smart"... in both experience and ideology.  Yeah, I said it. =/

You're gonna cause me to get my first warning point.

Holy cow that's a lot of money, gg google

That was "debunked".  Google never gave the money.  Google paid a sort of fine (settlement), that money was re-directed by another party.

It was not an attack on anyone's freedom of speech.  It was an attack against someone's freedom to live.  Example:  You go outside and find someone walking down the street.  You walk up to them and say:  "Yo mamas a ho!, dawg".  That person proceeds to punch you in the face. 

They made fun of a religion and a few religious people were dumb enough to kill them for it.

I can't see using a religious figure to ridicule people as a great idea, not because it might get you killed but because it might needlessly hurt someone's feelings.  Reading that Google is funding printing copies of this magazine made me feel kind of good:  "We won't be scared" type of thing.  I might realize how this funding might not be a good idea later though, might be...idk, irrelevant.  Just Google hubris.

Disgusting to see that you're even trying to suggest victim blaming.

There are no boundaries in freedom of speech, nothing is sacred, when someone says something you dislike you have every right to respond or complain, but you have no right to try to suppress or censor them, even less so take their fucking lives.

I was also disgusted to see the sheer amount of people, mainly "moderate" muslims but also others on twitter and other social media, who were blaming the magazine and the authors, saying that they had it coming, saying that they shouldn't have insulted the "prophet" and suggesting that religion has some privileged position when it comes to freedom of speech.

It's sad that after this massacre some artists and comedians will have to think twice before publishing or saying something about Islam. Even more so than before.

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Ohhh nooo, would you please stop making posts like this.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

You highlighted this from my post:  I can't see using a religious figure to ridicule people as a great idea, not because it might get you killed but because it might needlessly hurt someone's feelings.

Disgusting to see that you're even trying to suggest victim blaming.

There are no boundaries in freedom of speech, nothing is sacred, when someone says something you dislike you have every right to respond or complain, but you have no right to try to suppress or censor them, even less so take their fucking lives.

I was also disgusted to see the sheer amount of people, mainly "moderate" muslims but also others on twitter and other social media, who were blaming the magazine and the authors, saying that they had it coming, saying that they shouldn't have insulted the "prophet" and suggesting that religion has some privileged position when it comes to freedom of speech.

It's a sad that after this massacre some artists and comedians will have to think twice before publishing or saying something about Islam.

I in no way was blaming the victims.  Please stop seeing things that are not there.  How did you interpret what I said as blaming the victims?

WTF is the rest of that crap?  People should sometimes think more about what they write, including you.  I am disgusted that you did not even take the time to read the entire thread before posting.