Steelseries unveils the Apex M800 mechanical keyboard with RGB backlighting

Geo2160

Don't know about keyboards, but I've always had bad experiences with steelseries headsets. Not really feeling steelseries anymore :l

read title, thinks in head, (please be using cherry or at least cherry keycap compatible switches and have the keyboard not look retarded. looks at picture. for fucks sake.... 

I like their mice and mousepads, but I'm not really that interested in their keyboards. This is no exception. Keycaps look a bit... eh, tbh, and the switch design would probably limit customization due to the fact that they aren't Cherry MX-compatible. I'll pass, thanks.

Still don't care about RGB backlighting, or backlighting in general. 

What do they know of England, who only England know?

"Well that's what I always said I wanted to be remembered for, for being honest. Nothing else is worth a damn"

Booredatwork.com posted a video about this keyboard

What movie is that gif from? I remember watching it when I was younger

BOWFINGER!!

Such an amazing movie.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

BOWFINGER!!

Such an amazing movie.

no I was thinking of Norbit

HOW YOU DOIN'?

Spoiler

i5 4670k, GTX 970, 12GB 1600, 120GB SSD, 240GB SDD, 1TB HDD, CM Storm Quickfire TK, G502, VG248QE, ATH M40x, Fractal R4

Spoiler

i5 4278U, Intel Iris Graphics, 8GB 1600, 128GB SSD, 2560x1600 IPS display, Mid-2014 Model

Spoiler

All the parts are here, just need to get customized cords to connect the motherboard to the front panel.

the looks of this thing are a turnoff for me personally. I much prefer corsair's approach.

Main Rig "Rocinante" - Ryzen 9 5900X, EVGA FTW3 RTX 3080 Ultra Gaming, 32GB 3600MHz DDR4

lol 200 price...and that space bar wtf

i'll keep my filco thanks

Steelseries, I like your mice and some of your other peripherals. And I also think the sentry is rad for competitive gamers who want consistent evaluation and comparison in order to improve.

But seriously, this keyboard is just fucking no.

We all need a daily check-up from the neck up to avoid stinkin' thinkin' which ultimately leads to the hardening of attitudes. - Zig Ziglar

The sad fact about atheists is that they stand for nothing while standing against things that have brought much good to the world. Now ain't that sad. - Anonymous

Replace fear with faith and fear will disappear. - Billy Cox  ......................................Also, Legalism, Education-bred Arrogance and Hubris-based Assumption are BULLSHIT.

That big fat spacebar looks nasty.

Everyone is on the RGB train now. I don't find these keyboards appealing. I'm fine with no backlight or just plain white light. Its not like I'm gonna be staring at my keyboard while using it, unless you are someone who types with two fingers.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

I'll only get it if it's below 55 quid, for 55 quid you can get a Cherry MX Blue keyboard

10keyless though.

On topic: The spacebar ruined the keyboard. RGB is all about the look of the keyboard. U simply cant put an ugly ass spacebar on "fashion" product... Unless u are a hipster lol.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

I don't really like the style of this keyboard. But hey, some of you guys seem to like it. :P

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

"you have not missed anything" wooow dude, don't talk like that about steelseries please :D

Fuck 'em. I've not owned a single product by them that didn't break.

I didn't meant to be rude or so, but I don't think Steelseries has ever made anything, a different company wouldn't have done already better.

A lot of ppl say, that their headsets are great, so I bought one a while ago. (SiberiaV2) It broke after 2 days (micophone didn't work anymore) and the overall sound quality was just nothing special. It was very comfortable tho.

Haven't tried one of their mice yet, they might be good, but the look.. meh.. 

I've owned a Sensei and a Rival. Both developed a fault where the mmb would double click often. Sensei got it after about a year and a half, and the Rival lasted barely a few months. I'll never buy another Steelseries mouse again. That being said, the Sensei Raw might be my favourite mouse.

Fuck 'em. I've not owned a single product by them that didn't break.

I've owned a Sensei and a Rival. Both developed a fault where the mmb would double click often. Sensei got it after about a year and a half, and the Rival lasted barely a few months. I'll never buy another Steelseries mouse again. That being said, the Sensei Raw might be my favourite mouse.

I'm sold to Razer anyway. I used a Razer Diamondback for 4 years and it still works perfectly. It just got really dirty after time, cause it has that rubber at the sides. Now I use a Death Adder.

How about use an industry standard.. looking at both SS and Logi...

Are you referring to them not using Cherry switches? Because they don't really have any choice.

Are you referring to them not using Cherry switches? Because they don't really have any choice.

Pretty much, or use design that's compatible with their key caps.

Rgb 87key pls

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers