This $200 tablet dual boots Android and Windows

TopWargamer

Source 1: http://www.technobuffalo.com/2015/01/03/chinese-ipad-clone-runs-both-android-and-windows-8-1/

Source 2: http://www.phonearena.com/news/The-perfect-iPad-Air-clone-has-arrived-this-tablet-dual-boots-Android-and-Windows-8.1-has-3G-connectivity-aluminum-unibody-and-200-price_id64239?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+phonearena%2FySoL+%28Phone+Arena+-+Latest+News%29

Source 3: http://www.weibo.com/onda

The Chinese manufacturer Onda has revealed its new V919 3G Air. It features a 9.7" 2048x1536p display, an Intel Bay Trail-T Z3736F (64-bit, quad core) clocked at 2.16GHz, 2GB of RAM, 64GB of internal storage with microSD expansion up to 128GB, 5MP rear camera, 2MP front-facing camera, and 3G connectivity. As for the software you get to play with either Android 4.4 KitKat or Windows 8.1, since both come installed. Switching between the two operating systems is as simple as clicking a button.

That's quite a bit for only $200... Usually around that price point you wouldn't find a tablet with nearly as many features, and it definitely wouldn't come with 3G connectivity. Plus dual booting both Android and Windows is a nice touch. I personally own a Dell venue Pro 8, which is a Windows tablet, and even I find myself running an Android emulator on it to use certain apps and features. 

If you are interested in buying the tablet, you can buy it from TMall: http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?id=43128959385&spm=a310v.4.88.1

Not sure if they do shipping to the US, but I will look around for that. Make sure to keep your eye out for this tablet popping up on import websites. 

EDIT: Found the dual boot version on the same website. Retailing for $220. http://www.onda-tablet.com/onda-v919-air-dual-boot-tablet-pc-64gb.html

onda-tablet.png

COMIC SANS

seems to good to be true... but it would be cool to have. 

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Could this be the ultimate ~$200 tablet?

Seriously, iPad Air screen, iPad-like body and size, but Android and Windows instead. That's fabulous.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Last time this happen both Microsoft and Google flipped their shit, and Asus lost huge R and D money. I really wanted that dual booting Transformer book... :(

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Could this be the ultimate ~$200 tablet?

Seriously, iPad Air screen, iPad-like body and size, but Android and Windows instead. That's fabulous.

Is it actually the same screen or just the same resolution? God knows there's a huge difference.

Is it actually the same screen or just the same resolution?

I'd give an honest guess and say it's the same. I don't think there are a lot of 9.7" 2048x1536 panels out there, and I know Apple are the largest buyer.

There is another device called the Teclast X98 Air 3G. Very similar to this, but is missing the Android OS. I have seen a few reviews, all of which state that it is as good if not better than the iPad Air's display.

Main Rig: CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) KLEVV CRAS XR RGB DDR4-3600 | Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX | Storage: 512GB SKHynix PC401, 1TB Samsung 970 EVO Plus, 2x Micron 1100 256GB SATA SSDs | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra 10GB | Cooling: ThermalTake Floe 280mm w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 3 | Case: Sliger SM580 (Black) | PSU: Lian Li SP 850W

Server: CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3100 | RAM: 32GB (2x16GB) Crucial DDR4 Pro | Motherboard: ASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES | Storage: 128GB Samsung PM961, 4TB Seagate IronWolf | GPU: AMD FirePro WX 3100 | Cooling: EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB | Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow (White) | PSU: Seasonic Focus GM-850

Miscellaneous: Dell Optiplex 7060 Micro (i5-8500T/16GB/512GB), Lenovo ThinkCentre M715q Tiny (R5 2400GE/16GB/256GB), Dell Optiplex 7040 SFF (i5-6400/8GB/128GB)

Is it actually the same screen or just the same resolution? God knows there's a huge difference.

Same resolution. I highly doubt it uses the same screen, but not sure. Who knows, the screen could be good. 

COMIC SANS

For 200$, you'll get the shittiest screen money can buy, especially at that resolution. And for those specs and price, I can assure you it has capacitors for battery.

And based on this picture on the product page:

Service.jpg

-> They are a staff filled with Europeans/Americans with 90's style hair cuts.

-> They offer the ability to have one of their professional speak with another of their professionals. Amazing!

-> They only have 20 "highly trained" people.

-> They use a shipping company, OR, based on the poor English, one of the 20 employees will come at your door to deliver your product. If you are not home, they wait. That is apparently "security".

-> THEY give you feedback on their own product. In fact, among all the people to give feedback to, they'll pick you. I think they even writes reviews for you, as well. How nice.

-> And when you order your tablet, they will use pixy dust to make it visible and flexible. And Also, by magic you'll gain profitability in your business. Amazing!

How come Microsoft and Google aren't bitchslapping this company like they did with Asus when they came out with a dual booting device?

" If you don't hand your homework In, I might have find where you live and break your House." <<-- Mr Leat, 2013

Never cared for tablets until now.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

For 200$, you'll get the shittiest screen money can buy, especially at that resolution. And for those specs and price, I can assure you it has capacitors for battery.

even so its a $220 second screen device to sit on your desk :P

How come Microsoft and Google aren't bitchslapping this company like they did with Asus when they came out with a dual booting device?

because china

All I know is that this product will probably not be in the US for long considering it is VERY similar in design to apple's iPad air

Would rather have something like Windows 8.1 and Linux Mint installed.

Still, great idea. Love to see one in action.

Asus had a laptop/tablet device that did this. Both Android and Microsoft didn't agree with it.

Spoiler

Senor Shiny: Main- CPU Intel i7 6700k 4.7GHz @1.42v | RAM G.Skill TridentZ CL16 3200 | GPU Asus Strix GTX 1070 (2100/2152) | Motherboard ASRock Z170 OC Formula | HDD Seagate 1TB x2 | SSD 850 EVO 120GB | CASE NZXT S340 (Black) | PSU Supernova G2 750W  | Cooling NZXT Kraken X62 w/Vardars
Secondary (Plex): CPU Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 @1.099v | RAM Samsun Wonder 16GB CL9 1600 (sadly no oc) | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | Motherboard ASRock H97M-Pro4 | HDDs Seagate 1TB, WD Blue 1TB, WD Blue 3TB | Case Corsair Air 240 (Black) | PSU EVGA 600B | Cooling GeminII S524

Spoiler

(Deceased) DangerousNotDell- CPU AMD AMD FX 8120 @4.8GHz 1.42v | GPU Asus GTX 680 4GB DCII | RAM Samsung Wonder 8GB (CL9 2133MHz 1.6v) | Motherboard Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z | Cooling EVO 212 | Case Rosewill Redbone | PSU EVGA 600B | HDD Seagate 1TB

DangerousNotDell New Parts For Main Rig Build Log, Señor Shiny  I am a beautiful person. The comments for your help. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book. I have to be a good book.

Onda_V919_Dual_Boot_02.jpg

This picture sorta is concerning... because it points out android on the windows side and windows on the android size.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Onda? Let's hope it's better than this.

The stone cannot know why the chisel cleaves it; the iron cannot know why the fire scorches it. When thy life is cleft and scorched, when death and despair leap at thee, beat not thy breast and curse thy evil fate, but thank the Builder for the trials that shape thee.

Wasn't there an Asus version of this at last year's CES?

Wasn't there an Asus version of this at last year's CES?

yes, google and ms forced asus to canned it, a month after the reveal, i'm sure the blow was hard enough for only a chinese oem i never heard before to came out with the idea again, which ill probably gonna get canned again by microsoft refusing to give them licenses or google not cooperating to certify the device for google play access

this is one of the greatest thing that has happened to me recently, and it happened on this forum, those involved have my eternal gratitude http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/198850-update-alex-got-his-moto-g2-lets-get-a-moto-g-for-alexgoeshigh-unofficial/ :')

i use to have the second best link in the world here, but it died ;_; its a 404 now but it will always be here

Onda_V919_Dual_Boot_02.jpg

This picture sorta is concerning... because it points out android on the windows side and windows on the android size.

I thought that to, but if you look closer you can see it's pointing at the specific button to switch to the other OS :P

It's intentional.

This was posted already. Also it will never sell in the us as apple will sue the shit out of this company considering it looks like an ipad

This was posted already. Also it will never sell in the us as apple will sue the shit out of this company considering it looks like an ipad

If you're going to say it's a repost, then provide a link to the original.

COMIC SANS