If all Origin + uPlay games were on steam, would you buy them more often?

I don't mind Origin. Though the only thing I've ever purchased on that platform was the Command & Conquer collection when they were selling it for ten bucks. Which is actually an EXCEPTIONAL deal for a fan of the series like me.

I do have other games on Origin, such as BF3 and BF4, and a handful of others... but all of those were either free or close to it. BF3, I got in the EA humble bundle for under 5 bucks, BF4 was free with my GPU, and I've accepted pretty much every free game they've offered since they started with Dead Space.

I am a little annoyed that they choose to lock out Steam by making their games tie into Origin so much. Neither BF3 or BF4 are available as non-Origin games... same for Mass Effect 3, which is arguably the only game I would buy from them at this point.

So I guess a short answer is yes... I would buy more EA games if more EA games were available on Steam, if only because I enjoy having all of my games available in one place. Though if I want something badly enough, the fact that it isn't available on Steam isn't going to stop me from buying it. I currently have Steam, Origin, and the Battle.net app on my system. Only one of those is running 24/7 though...

"A picture is starting to form here... I wonder if it's accurate? Some pieces don't quite seem to fit. Or maybe I just don't like the way it looks."

No, Origin is fine and I don't have a problem with a publisher not wanting to have Valve monopolise the industry. uPlay is terrible though and should either be completely overhauled or removed.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

I have never bought a PC game on anything else than Steam. It will remain that way for a long time, as I'll happily wait for EA games to release on it. If not, I'd buy Origin-exclusive titles instead. I have no real interest in doing that now though.

Only if the games dont need uplay or origin. I have a few games that need uplay and i hate them. In-home streaming doesnt work with them, which really sucks.

I will NEVER use origin again. Even if steam shuts down and everything goes to origin.... Ill be pirating everything. (I rarely pirate things these days. Sometimes just to try out a game).

I have no signature

As much as I like and prefer Steam, I don't really want it to be the only online distribution platform. That said, Origin (and to a lesser extent Uplay) exist specifically to force platform exclusivity. If you don't have a choice where to buy certain games, that really doesn't do much to challenge Steam's dominance. If you could actually choose which platform you wanted to buy any game on, that would foster much healthier competition.

I prefer Steam aswell though Origin is fine, however I don't like Uplay (Ubisoft) at all so i avoid it.

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 | CPU: Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.6Ghz | CPU Cooler: Scythe Mugen 2 Rev. B | RAM: 12GB DDR3 1333 CL9 | GPU: HD 7950 PCS+ | PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro M 500 | Case: CM 690 II Advanced | HDD: Samsung Spinpoint F3 @ 500GB | SSD: Samsung 840 @120GB

All fun and games until Valve gains a monopoly and then you'll find out why competion is a good thing.

Oh and since most of you kids are too young to remember this,  EA was once upon a time a company run by hippy programmers and gamers

and more popular then Valve is now.

Don't ask for things you might regret,.

No, Origin is fine and I don't have a problem with a publisher not wanting to have Valve monopolise the industry. uPlay is terrible though and should either be completely overhauled or removed.

Then perhaps EA should create it's own console.

What if Ubisoft and EA combined their powers for a new platform? Then they could recruit other developers to join and there would be a[nother] real multi-dev delivery system to compete with Steam. THAT would be GREAT for competitive pricing.

One developer having their own platform is kind of stupid. However, I don't not buy from either of them out of any form of spite. It's all about who has the game I want at the best price.

100%. I would buy all the Mass Effect games right off the bat. I refuse to do so currently due to them not being on Steam. 

Silverstone ML08  ||  Intel i5-6600  ||  Gigabyte HD 7950 @ Stock  ||  Corsair 2x4GB DDR4 2133MHz  ||  Gigabyte H170-N WIFI  ||  Samsung 840 Pro 128GB  ||  WD Caviar Black 1TB  ||  MSX 64-bit

I buy the games regardless, but I do prefer steam. 

Origin is really simple and clean and I've gotten used to using it.

Uplay is more of a pain then anything, but with Assassins Creed and Far Cry I've been forced to use it.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

I havnt bothered with AC or BF series because of this.

basically if it isnt on steam or blizzard I wont bother with it

Its all about those volumetric clouds

:D  Some of you are making it out to be such a huge hassle to have another program besides Steam on your PC..

Shall i take you back to memory lane when Steam first came out and tell you how complete shit it was?

100%. I would buy all the Mass Effect games right off the bat. I refuse to do so currently due to them not being on Steam. 

I heard that BF4 was on sale, so I went on steam and tried to find it. After I realized BF4 is origin "exclusive", I said fuck it and refused to buy it. If it was on steam I would be more than happy to shell out the money for BF4.

Then perhaps EA should create it's own console.

That's really not the same thing.

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

Origin isn't as bad as people say it is, actually it can be nicer than Steam in some regards (much more responsive and quicker to navigate the store, plus better support). Granted EA does still do some stupid shit here and there but for the most part I feel like they are improving.

On the other hand I stopped buying Ubisoft because I hate the uPlay DRM and as of this past summer I am boycotting all future Ubisoft games, at least until they start caring about PC more.

Uhh, the first two games are available on Steam and they don't need Origin, so I have no idea where the hell this comes from. Clearly you are misinformed, which seems to be a trend in this thread. Plus are you really going to avoid the third just because of Origin? 

Wherever the best deal on a key is..

If you're concerned about 'to many clients' running at once, what the hell did you build a gaming PC for then anyway? Its not like any of these clients are resource hogs by today's standard(I'm looking at you Chrome...). Origin is doing extremely well given it's age compared to Steam's first few years of abysmal service, and UPlay while not great, isn't far behind. BOTH clients run/respond WAY faster then Steam does, even with all the time Valve has had to 'perfect' it. Feature wise, yes Steam is quite a few steps ahead, but that isn't unexpected. It is also WAY behind in some areas, like where things are installed, without the use of a 3rd party program...

Very likely. It's just Origin and this God awful Uplay plain sucks ass. It feels buggy and shady.

Yeh it seems noone in this thread has actually used origin. Its pretty good now. 

The only caveat is that origin seems to use twice the RAM of steam. But when you are talking a 150mb for origin. Its not exactly a huge problem.

I generally try to avoid EA and Ubisoft in general. If one starts not messing things up and makes a good game I might get it. Such as maybe Dragon Age Origins. The game being on steam without the need to launch origin or uplay would certainly help though. I have specifically not bought a ubisoft game or two that I enjoyed for this reason. I don't want to get it on steam then go through uplay. Stupid nonsense. Origin isn't as bad but I haven't used it in a while. Either way having to have multiple platforms is bloat and I'd rather have just steam.