If all Origin + uPlay games were on steam, would you buy them more often?

I personally hate both of those platforms (uPlay + Origin). Steam has been here for over a decade now, has an awesome community, platform, and general feeling. From achievements, to trading cards, to knowing most your PC gamer friends have a steam account, and the list can go on.

I refuse to buy games like BF4 for the sole purpose of it being on Origin. The only uPlay game I have is FarCry 4; which I got for free with with gtx 970 -- otherwise I would never use it (uPlay). The client is terrible, the website is terrible -- everything just feels half-assed about those platforms.

Basic question: Would you guys buy more triple A tittles if they were available on steam, instead of being uPlay or Origin exclusive? I sure would.

I'm avoiding games published by Ubisoft altogether regardless if they're on Steam or not.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Yes. I'm very reluctant to buy a game from another distribution platform unless I really want it

1) I only buy games that require online play (WoW, Call Of Duty, Minecraft, Etc..); all single player games I play at my friends house

2) The platforms really are that bad; I like the games I bought (Other than blizzards) to be in one nice, reliable, trusted platform -- not a half-assed one.

I can deal with Origin. It isn't that bad. But I do not deal with uPlay. I refuse to give Ubisoft any of my money until they improve. I only have it because I was given a code for a free copy of assassins creed black flag. But steam is my highly preferred pc digital game store platform.

yes

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.1 Corinthians 13:4

I can deal with Origin. It isn't that bad. But I do not deal with uPlay. I refuse to give Ubisoft any of my money until they improve. I only have it because I was given a code for a free copy of assassins creed black flag. But steam is my highly preferred pc digital game store platform.

+1 on that my friend; ubisoft is poo since sims 3 (last good game).

uPlay is glitchy as hell, the website gives me 1000 errors trying to change something; I'm scared to charge a payment to get another script error.

Also Steam Trading Cards are pretty awesome! Soon they'll be steam boxes which will possibly kick the console market out. 

VAC is awesome.

uPlay and Origin clients feel like they are made in visual basic by a kid who watched 3 youtube tutorials.

If a game isn't on Steam I'm going to pirate it.

This community shuns on piracy. Not saying I agree with you, but I'm not saying I don't agree with you ;)

Probably. Most uPlay games are on Steam anyway, but I hate dealing with Origin. One of the whole points of Origin, or uPlay, or Steam is that your whole library can be accessed from within one application and it's really convenient. Kind of defeats the point to have so many.

Buy them more often? No. Play them? Yes.

I really dislike uPlay, it looks nice but just doesn't seem to work as I feel it should. I actually do like Origin, it's just missing some useful functionality.

INTEL CORE i5-7600K | ASUS ROG STRIX B250i GAMING | CRUCIAL BALLISTIX SPORT LT 16GB | EVGA GTX 970 SC | EVGA B3 550W
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | CRYORIG M9i | BE QUIET! PURE WINGS 2| FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE NANO S

I have more games on origin than steam........ (because of game on the house.  so yea)

but origin isn't that bad. It is just okay for me.

well I guess people have different opinions.

and I don't know about uplay.

Case: NZXT H440     CPU: Intel core i7-4790k    RAM: 2x G.Skill ripjaws 4gb 1600mhz   GPU: Soon   CPU Cooler: Stock (will buy a decent one soon)     PSU: CM V650 80+ gold PSU.

Origin really isn't that bad. 

I agree.  I do still prefer Steam, however.

And yes, to the OP.

Corsair 700D | ASUS Z97-A | Intel Core i7 4790K | Corsair H110 | EVGA GTX 980Ti SOC ACX | Patriot 1600LL - 4 x 4GB |

Crucial C300 128GB SSD | Kingston HyperX 240GB SSD | Western Digital Black 1TB | Corsair AX850 Pro Gold | ASUS Xonar DS |

Origin is not as bad as uPlay; but it's still nowhere near as awesome as Steam.

To answer OP, yes I would buy more games if they were on a preferred platform. I don't mind Steam, Origin, GMG, GOG, etc., but I have nearly 400 games on Steam, why would I want to sign up for another service just to buy ONE game?

I bought BF4 Premium Edition for $30 because EA/Dice have improved the game enough for me to feel as if I am going to get my money's worth. However, I would have bought it probably right after release for whatever amount of money it was if it was on Steam, so since it isn't on Steam I'm going wait until it gets to a decent enough price to warrant a purchase and hassle to have another service and account to deal with.

I don't buy Ubisoft games anymore because UPlay has ruined my saves in the past and it is such a huge hassle to deal with. If Ubisoft's games that are sold on Steam would only have Steam as its DRM then I would buy their games a lot more often. I've been wanting AC1, AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations on Steam for a while now, but they all have UPlay(except AC1 IIRC), so I'm not going to buy them even if they are $5 on sale.

To answer OP, yes I would buy more games if they were on a preferred platform. I don't mind Steam, Origin, GMG, GOG, etc., but I have nearly 400 games on Steam, why would I want to sign up for another service just to buy ONE game?

I bought BF4 Premium Edition for $30 because EA/Dice have improved the game enough for me to feel as if I am going to get my money's worth. However, I would have bought it probably right after release for whatever amount of money it was if it was on Steam, so since it isn't on Steam I'm going wait until it gets to a decent enough price to warrant a purchase and hassle to have another service and account to deal with.

I don't buy Ubisoft games anymore because UPlay has ruined my saves in the past and it is such a huge hassle to deal with. If Ubisoft's games that are sold on Steam would only have Steam as its DRM then I would buy their games a lot more often. I've been wanting AC1, AC2, Brotherhood, and Revelations on Steam for a while now, but they all have UPlay(except AC1 IIRC), so I'm not going to buy them even if they are $5 on sale.

+1 my friend, words right out of my mouth.

And I don't get uPlay saves WHAT SO EVER! I've bought the Valve Complete Package when I was 13, my steam account is ancient, I love it. (21)

I BOUGHT team fortress during a time there was only 1 set of guns, no hats, and no item system on steam in general.

I mostly use Steam for buying PC games. I don't mind Origin at all, but I only use it for EA games or the rare occasion when a game there is cheaper than Steam. I really dislike uPlay though.

But I will say that having competition for Steam is a good thing. Not that it has shown any signs of it, but can you imagine Steam becoming a worse platform and completely screwing over the majority of PC players? It would be a complete mess since probably 95% PC players use it.

I can deal with origin or uPlay.

but I MUST be able to buy the game on steam.

I don't mind Origin any more, not a big fan of uPlay, but haven't used it that much.

I will admit, I love Steam. Even if Steam sales abuse my credit card. Valve has done right by Steam, so yeah I would prefer to be able to buy all my games through Steam.

How many I would buy after coming over to Steam depends on the sale price they come up with! Haha

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!