What PC parts did Santa bring you for Christmas?

ZmanFTW

Saitek flight yoke!!!

And steam gift card

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Steam gift card and an MSI mower Max ac z87. All in all a decent haul if you ask me, only 3 more parts to complete Branwen.

Oh, and I got a can of air as well. Could come in useful when I take apart toshitba next week.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

A BenQ GL2250 (havent used widescreen in 2 years now, holy shit it looks weird atm) and a Logitech G402

My PC:

Spoiler

MOBO: MSI B450 Tomahawk Max, CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Cooler: BeQuiet! Dark Rock 3, GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1050ti D5 4G, Ram: 16GB (2x8) HyperX Fury DDR4, Case: NZXT S340, Psu: Be Quiet! Pure Power 11 600W , HDD's: WD 1TB Caviar Blue, WD 256GB Scorpio Blue, WD 2TB Caviar Blue  SSD: Sandisk SSD PLUS 240Gb

from the money i got, a r9 290 :P

This Post Was Brought To You By Internet Explorer

MSI Lightning R9 290X

Welcome to the master race :)

Edit: Lightning master race, not those PCmasterrace losers

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Corsair Raptor K40

Current Build:

AMD FX-6300 - ASUS M5A78L-M LX+ - Radeon HD 7770 - WD 500GB HDD - 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX Blu

This year Sanata has brought me nice envelope of cash so that I can purchase computer and car parts with it. I really can't wait to get my hands on a new set of coilovers and vented rotors for my e46.  :)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

A Corsair K70 MX Brown, a single Enermax Twister Pressure 120mm fan, two 1-to-4 PWM splitters and a new plexiglass monitor stand. Hooray!

A sweet new mousepad (sharkoon 1337), dampening pads for my QPad MK-50 keyboard and an external usb soundcard, so my modmic sounds less shitty ;)

Do you even custom Bios, bro?

nothing.

Recovering Apple addict

ASUS Zephyrus G14 2022

Spoiler

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS GPU: AMD r680M / RX 6700S RAM: 16GB DDR5 

Saving for a new GPU - 40/200€ done :)

Asrock 890GX Extreme 3 - AMD Phenom II X4 955 @3.50GHz - Arctic Cooling Freezer XTREME Rev.2 - 4GB Kingston HyperX - AMD Radeon HD7850 - Kingston V300 240GB - Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB - Chieftec APS-750 - Cooler Master HAF912 PLUS

osu! profile

For this Christmas, Santa (Dad) gave me money to buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 with a Corsair RM 550W 80+ Gold PSU.  :)

I woke up at 00.01 the 24th of December (That's when we celebrate christmas here in Sweden) and installed everything.

Booted up, uninstalled old graphics drivers, tried to install new ones, but it failed all the time. Then I Googled my motherboard, it doesn't support the GTX 980.  :angry:

Well, even if it had supported the graphics card it would have gotten way to hot in that bad HP case, and the cables would not fit. So I took out the graphics card and the PSU and installed the old things.

So I'll have to wait  :(  until my birthday (the 8th of August) when I'm getting a new PC. :D

Main PC: CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.4GHz | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming 5 | GPU: EVGA GTX 1080 FTW | RAM: HyperX Savage 2x8 @ 2400MHz | SSD: Samsung 850 Pro 256GB | HDD: WD Black 2TB | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | PSU: Corsair RM550 | Monitor: Acer Predator GN246HLBbid 144Hz 24"

For this Christmas, Santa (Dad) gave me money to buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 with a Corsair RM 550W 80+ Gold PSU.

I woke up at 00.01 the 24th of December (That's when we celebrate christmas here in Sweden) and installed everything.

Booted up, uninstalled old graphics drivers, tried to install new ones, but it failed all the time. Then I Googled my motherboard, it doesn't support the GTX 980.

Well, even if it had supported the graphics card it would have gotten way to hot in that bad HP case, and the cables would not fit. So I took out the graphics card and the PSU and installed the old things.

So I'll have to wait until my birthday (the 8th of August) when I'm getting a new PC.

Wow, that sucks.

antek VP 450 and some team dark 1600 ddr3. ^~^

getting the rest of my parts next month, probs gonna build it on/after my birthday. (jan 24th)

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

nothing.

None :(

*hugs tight, givs cookies n moar hugz*

:'c

Watch out for each other. Love everyone and forgive everyone, including yourself. Forgive your anger, forgive your guilt. Your shame. Your sadness. Embrace and open up your love, your joy, your truth, and most especially your heart. 
-Jim Hensen

Nothing PC related, every Euro I spend on PC parts, is a euro I should not have spent in my parents book... But I got a good book.

For this Christmas, Santa (Dad) gave me money to buy an EVGA GeForce GTX 980 SC ACX 2.0 with a Corsair RM 550W 80+ Gold PSU.

Booted up, uninstalled old graphics drivers, tried to install new ones, but it failed all the time. Then I Googled my motherboard, it doesn't support the GTX 980.

So I'll have to wait until my birthday (the 8th of August) when I'm getting a new PC.

That sounds like a weird issue. I don't see why your motherboard wouldn't support the GTX 980.

I however understand why it says that it doesn't support it. They probably haven't bothered updating the 'Supported graphics cards'-list.

You checked that the card was fully seated, and power was connected, I assume.