Whole Room Water Cooling Part 3

Excellent! Look forward to watching.

Oh dear, Linus's drill dying while out on the ladder.

Ty nick.

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)

You have a new funny face every video Nick

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

Really does feel like christmas with all these top quality videos, thanks Nick!

Asus X99-Deluxe  |  i7 5820k  |  16GB DDR4  |  MSI GTX 980 Ti 6G  |  Samsung 850 Evo + 840 Evo 500GB  |  NZXT H440

hype hype hype!!!!!!!

Edit: Intro came out awesome!

Watched it! Wow! 

Now i'm waiting for Part 4.. Soon @nicklmg....

Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.10GHz - Intel Stock Cooler - Zotac Geforce GT 610 2GB Synergy Edition

Intel DH61WW - Corsair® Value Select 4GBx1 DDR3 1600 MHz - Antec BP-300P PSU

WD Green 1TB - Seagate 2.5" HDD 1TB - Seagate Barracuda 500GB - Antec X1 E.

Damnit nick!!

I am about to go to Church :P

CPU: Intel Core i5 4460 | GPU: XFX r9 280x DD BLACK OC EDITION | RAM: 8gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1600Mhz | Mobo: Gigabyte h97n-WIFI | PSU: EVGA 600B | Case: Cooler Master Elite 120 | Cooler: Stock intel | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 120gb | Storage: WD 150 gb

CPU: Intel Core i7 4710MQ | GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 850M | RAM: 8gb Corsair 1600Mhz | Mobo: Metabox WA50SJ Motherboard | Case: Metabox WA50SJ case | Cooler: Stock | SSD: Sandisk 256gb

:wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

Best purchase this year, bcuz forza

Epic guys, you sure know how to spoil us.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Hmmm, this is actually tempting me to do something like this, but on a smaller scale. If it was not because of my lack of funds, I would seriously invest into a dual 360 rad system and mount it outside my computer room window right next to my desk, with a 240 mounted on the case like you guys are doing. 

#HELPDIV1D3MAKEANEXTERNALRADSYSTEM

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

HYPE GBFDGBDFHGHD BEEN WAITING FOR THIS FOR AGES! Great video for Christmas eve, Thanks Nick and merry Christmas to you and the LTT team. @nicklmg @LinusTech @Slick

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

Hmmm, this is actually tempting me to do something like this, but on a smaller scale. If it was not because of my lack of funds, I would seriously invest into a dual 360 rad system and mount it outside my computer room window right next to my desk, with a 240 mounted on the case like you guys are doing. 

#HELPDIV1D3MAKEANEXTERNALRADSYSTEM

start a kickstarter.mp420

Main PC: Core i5 4670 | MSI Mpower Max z87 | G.Skill Ripjaws 2x4gb | Stock intel cooler | PNY GTX 770 2gb (hoping to upgrade) | Seagate 1tb 7200rpm | Corsair RM850 | Corsair Carbide Air 540 | PCCG custom sleeved black/yellow extensions | Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue | Corsair M45 |

Phone: LG Nexus 5 | Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-PDG1, Shure SRH440 | Laptop: Asus 303la (i5 model, 1600x900 res) | Motorbikes: 2004 Sherco 290i, 2013 Husqvarna CR125 | Xbox one

start a kickstarter.mp420

I SHALL, if possible.gif

I definitely would now that you mention it, but I highly doubt I'd get anywhere near the amount it'd take to cover the costs, and I have a total of 59 cents to spend on luxuries such as this...

So, I will keep on dreaming, until the internet is blessed with angels who would give money to a stranger who would spend it on their own self, such a thing will never happen. 

Edit:

Also, isn't there a reward system for contributions? And I am without items to gift to people...

CPU: Intel i7 8700K | CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x8GB | Motherboard: Asus ROG Z370-E | GPU: MSI GTX 970 | HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB & 2TB | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 250GB & 970 EVO M.2 500GB | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Evolv X | PSU: Silverstone Platinum Strider 1100W | Monitor: AOC i2367Fh | Headphones: ATH-M40X | Mic: Antlion ModMic 4 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB w/ MX Browns | Mouse: Logitech G502 HERO

Make sure you quote or mention the person you're replying to in your comment. Also remember to follow your thread when creating it to get a notification every time someone replies. 

Be nice and have fun. Cheers!

When I heard about this project the first time I thought "Even by LTT standards, this is crazy and cool at the same time".  And it actually turned to be.

But will that fan PSU really be enough

i just want to see the finished product.

cant wait for part 4 :D

Its when dragons have so much sex that the cpu cant handle it

This is so freaking cool. I mean, it's totaly overkill, a simple AC would fix all their heat problems, but yeah, I guess that wouldn't be as epic as this is. I love you guys, lol. And hurry up with part 4 please, I can't wait!

towards the end luke said that it was antifreeze leaking, what percentage of AF did you use? 

i have a little project i would like to do (inspired by this project) and was going to put antifreeze fix in it. 

ps. do NOT use dexcool (the red antifreeze) it has stuff in it that doesn't play nice with some plastic and other things. 

xuyCCr9.jpg

CPU: AMD FX8350 CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS 12x Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2 GPU RX480 4GB) Memory 16GB DDR1333 SSD: PNY Prevail 120G + Corsair Force LE 120G (Steam) Bulk storage Stable Bit Drive Pool with 5x 2TB 2x 3TB PSU Corsair 600w Case Rosewill Throne

I really don't like the giant check list that pops up in the middle of the screen through out the video.

I found it quite jarring to have a very large box pop up obscuring most of the screen.

Due to the color and design of it I thought it was some intrusive pop up ad at first as it seemed so out of place.

I think just making the background of the check list mostly of fully transparent would have made it look much better.

To say the truth i wasn't really exited from the 1st part (video), but now i cannot wait for the 4th and maybe a conclusion/test video. I am pumped. lol
Now i really want to see it finished. Hurry up! :D

Was there a specific reason you guys decided to use what looks like automotive antifreeze (ethylene glycol) for the loop over something less toxic? I made a bet with myself that you guys would go with a propylene glycol solution, and was bummed to see otherwise. PG is FDA approved as a food additive and freezing agent, plus it is widely available as RV antifreeze as a pink liquid (the color is the real selling point here :P ).

Just please be careful when you are moving and have to drain the loop. EG tastes sweet to animals and is quite lethal to them in fairly low concentrations. If you are going to save the fluid (if it is not dirty), no problem. However, if you need to toss it, be sure to bring it to a hazardous material disposal site or auto maintenance facility to keep it out of the storm drains :)

Fun video, thanks a lot!

The end of this video drove me crazy, I mean is there any common sense at all? Luke seems to be the only one that can think. If you have green liquid dripping on the floor is your first reaction to look at it and step back and do nothing about it? Grab a bucket or a rag and stop it from dripping on the floor. That's brand new carpet, that may have a nice green stain on it now. Seriously, is it that hard to think a little bit instead of just standing back and watching it ruin the carpet?

It is water soluble (obviously) and has a very high vapor pressure (slow evaporation). Nothing a wet rag/towel can't handle. I doubt there is any long term damage to the carpet (but it could do some funky stuff to the flooring underneath if it soaked in for a while).

It is water soluble (obviously) and has a very high vapor pressure (slow evaporation). Nothing a wet rag/towel can't handle. I doubt there is any long term damage to the carpet (but it could do some funky stuff to the flooring underneath if it soaked in for a while).

His point is, if you spill a glass of water at home, you don't just stand there (talking about it) watching it spread over the table. You get up, find a rag, then wipe it up before it spreads further. The guy should have told Luke to cut the pump, and gone and got a rag. Instead he just stared at it, watching it drip onto the carpet.

On another note, a little part of me dies every time they do something dangerous with power tools and building hardware in general. I gather they don't have some type of compulsory "industrial technology" in Canadian schools?

His point is, if you spill a glass of water at home, you don't just stand there (talking about it) watching it spread over the table. You get up, find a rag, then wipe it up before it spreads further. The guy should have told Luke to cut the pump, and gone and got a rag. Instead he just stared at it, watching it drip onto the carpet.

On another note, a little part of me dies every time they do something dangerous with power tools and building hardware in general. I gather they don't have some type of compulsory "industrial technology" in Canadian schools?

I hear you, they did look at it for quite a while :) . I simply wanted to point out that just because it is green doesn't mean it will permanently damage the carpet.

I stopped cringing at people using tools or building things a long time ago. As long as no one falls off a ladder or loses a finger, at least everyone involved is learning new skills and hopefully having fun at the same time.

I am curious to see if the JB weld epoxy is actually effective at stopping the leak. The loop is under very little pressure at that height so it might work; however, unless the joint was cleaned really well, the antifreeze layer might cause the epoxy to bond with the copper pipe improperly.

Side note: props to Luke's dad for the soldering and pipe prep work. I know he missed a joint, but damn it is hard to run solder as cleanly as he managed (the torching in the upper corners is really difficult too) . Watching him work has been my favorite part of the series so far. I'm sure when he is working solo it has been a decade since he missed a joint...a half dozen young guys running around his work site causing havoc I'm guessing was the culprit :P