Sony's getting wrecked! Movie Scripts, Celeb Phone numbers leaked.

XTankSlayerX

SOURCE

One simply steals Sony to the ground

459145382.jpg

Sony Pictures is in full-blown damage-control mode and has called an all-hands meeting following another huge leak of sensitive, confidential info. The new trove of data released by the so-called GOP (Guardians of Peace) includes more private employee info, actor phone numbers and traveling aliases, legal claims against Sony Pictures, film budgets, scripts and more. As pointed out by the WSJ, it also includes private info of some 40,000 Sony Pictures ex-employees like home addresses, previous salaries and social security numbers (Old News) . Many of those folks are incensed with the Culver City-based company, which gave them no guidance on how to protect their identities or sign up for credit monitoring.

Suffice to say, much of the information could be highly damaging to Sony's reputation and bottom line. As pointed out by Fusion, the hackers have thrown many of its business practices into the open, which may make future negotiations with high profile actors, technicians and vendors difficult. Sony Pictures CEO Michael Lynton sent a memo to all employees saying that it had "recognized experts working on this matter" and that the FBI had taken control of the investigation. He also said that employees could meet one-on-one with their managers and called an all-hands meeting for this Friday.

Yesterday, Sony released info from the security firm Mandiant, which said the "unprecedented" attack would've been difficult to prevent. But many employees expressed disbelief that sensitive info like social securities numbers and salaries would be kept in unprotected folders by a security-conscious company(WHY!?!). Some experts also doubt Sony's claims that the attack was that sophisticated, saying that it should've noticed suspicious activity, even if the virus was "undetectable." One researcher told Mashable that "to protect their image, they need this to be an unpreventable, incredibly sophisticated attack." (Sony's security must be maintained by zombies... Which don't exist, so it isn't.)

Meanwhile, the group allegedly responsible for the hack released another statement along with the leak. The GOP demanded that Sony "stop immediately showing the movie of terrorism" in reference to "The Interview," the upcoming Sony Pictures flick that mocks the North Korean government. (Old news) That marks the first time the hackers have directly referenced the film, which was denounced by the rogue nation. However, another recently discovered email, sent several days ago, demanded monetary compensation instead. All that, along with another email that contained Korean grammatical errors, means investigators still have no idea if the attack came from North Korea or not. 

Leak Reveals Hackers Sent Extortion Email to Sony Execs Before Attack 

(^Click for source^)

x2iwilhyqdd9toykptvg.jpg

Now things are starting to make sense. The latest leak of data stolen from Sony Pictures in a recent hack appears to be the email archives of two top executives at the company. It also reveals that the hackers asked those executives for money to prevent the destructive attack. Apparently, the execs didn't even open the email. U ACTUAL FOCKING WOT M8!!

The latest revelation arrived with a demand that Sony Pictures pull The Interview, a new movie about assassinating Kim Jong-Un. However, that demand seems like a red herring when you read the email that the hackers apparently sent to executives ahead of the breach. The email asks for "monetary compensation" or "Sony Pictures will be bombarded as a whole."(From the ground all the way up apparently) It's also signed by "God'sApstls" which, as Mashable points out, is a moniker that pops up in the code of the malware used in the attack. And despite the many clues that suggest the contrary, North Korea says it did not pull off the Sony Pictures hack.

Again, the email was found in latest leak from hackers identifying themselves as GOP or "Guardians of Peace." The four compressed files in the leak contain email archives—about three gigabytes worth of data—that appear to belong to Sony Pictures CEO Michael Lynton and the company's chairwoman, Amy Pascal. And if these emails are real, this extortion plot is surely the first of what could be countless more destructive revelations about the inner workings of Sony Pictures. Of course, it all seems a little disingenuous now that we know the hackers are just a bunch of crooks trying to steal money. [Mashable]

Sony... Is showing everything they don't want to show. Which to some people, can be very useful. But to the rest of the world, could mark the end of the line for Sony.

Sony.. Y U DO DIS?!

You would think such a big company would protect their stuff better..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Are the hackers really good, or the security of Sony is totally rubbish?

Most likely the latter, sadly.  :mellow:

Cheers,

Linus

I kinda feel sad 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

i don't see why them not opening the email is a big deal

if they paid out every time someone said they were going to hack them, they would probably have no money left.

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

i don't see why them not opening the email is a big deal

as it can contain further viruses and/or other nasty things

The plot deepens.

I wonder how far down the rabbit hole are GoP willing to go with this? Its feasable that they could destroy Sony with this attack, Sony is already losing money in all of its departments other than Playstation, they've failed to turn a profit in over a year and now some of their biggest assets have been leaked making future endevours really difficult for them this really could spell the end of Sony.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

That is why, never put everything and anythings in your computers.

I'd rather see this done to Microsoft, or both if the hackers are feeling generous...

“The mind of the bigot is like the pupil of the eye; the more light you pour upon it the more it will contract” -Oliver Wendell Holmes “If it can be destroyed by the truth, it deserves to be destroyed by the truth.” -Carl Sagan

Sony will be like 

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

Sony's security is complete garbage they've known it for along time and just like they did with PSN they ignore it until they're hacked and left no other option but to do something about fixing it.(I mean there's no way they couldn't have known storing passwords in text docs without encryption is pretty much the single dumbest thing they could have been doing)

The plot deepens.

I wonder how far down the rabbit hole are GoP willing to go with this? Its feasable that they could destroy Sony with this attack, Sony is already losing money in all of its departments other than Playstation, they've failed to turn a profit in over a year and now some of their biggest assets have been leaked making future endevours really difficult for them this really could spell the end of Sony.

I highly doubt it'll destroy Sony they're big enough they can afford to bleed money for quiet a few years though if it did somehow destroy them they'd have no one to blame but themselves and I'd personally find it rather amusing as I personally don't actually like any Sony products and IMO they even make rather shitty movies in general.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

Its a bit of both...

CPU: i7 4770k | GPU: Sapphire 290 Tri-X OC | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LP 2x8GB | MTB: GA-Z87X-UD5HCOOLER: Noctua NH-D14 | PSU: Corsair 760i | CASE: Corsair 550D | DISPLAY:  BenQ XL2420TE

Firestrike scores - Graphics: 10781 Physics: 9448 Combined: 4289

"Nvidia, Fuck you" - Linus Torvald

The plot deepens.

There was 11TB of data stolen. This is just the tip of the iceberg. It's going to get a whole lot worse. 

I highly doubt it'll destroy Sony they're big enough they can afford to bleed money for quiet a few years though if it did somehow destroy them they'd have no one to blame but themselves and I'd personally find it rather amusing as I personally don't actually like any Sony products and IMO they even make rather shitty movies in general.

Think beyond that though. If you were famous would you wan't to sign up for a Sony Pictures movie after this? If you owned a business would you give Sony any information after this? Would you wan't to work for Sony after this?

This will hurt Sony in many more ways than most people care to think about. A company with a damaged reputation is an outcast. It might be years before Sony can regain trust, by that time they'll be bankrupt and in the hands of the administrators.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

I'd rather see this done to Microsoft, or both if the hackers are feeling generous...

why the fuck you want to run either OSX or Linux COMPLEMENTARY?

at the moment you can choose and that is a good thing

I feel quite bad for Sony, they're suffering at a really vital time for their business, they need to command consumer confidence, and right now they are not.

That would be very bad, trust me, you would not want that too happen

Computer Specifications:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600  Gigabyte B550M Aorus Elite | ADATA XPG SPECTRIX D50 32 GB 3600 MHz | Asus RTX 3060 KO Edition CoolerMaster Silencio S400 Klevv Cras C700 M.2 SSD 256GB 

1TB Crucial MX500 | 1 TB SanDisk SSD Corsair RM650W

Camera Equipment:

Camera Bodies: 

Olympus Pen-F Panasonic GH3 (Retired)

Lenses:

Sigma 30mm F1.4 | Sigma 16mm F1.4 | Sigma 19mm F2.8 | Laowa 17mm F1.8 | Olympus 45mm F1.8

Think beyond that though. If you were famous would you wan't to sign up for a Sony Pictures movie after this? If you owned a business would you give Sony any information after this? Would you wan't to work for Sony after this?

This will hurt Sony in many more ways than most people care to think about. A company with a damaged reputation is an outcast. It might be years before Sony can regain trust, by that time they'll be bankrupt and in the hands of the administrators.

Not sure about the bankrupt thing. This is really bad considering don't has been hacked in the past. People has credit cards stolen and now we have emails, numbers, movies getting leaked. Sony's taking a hard hit right now.

Well no I wouldn't I refuse to even give them my credit card info as a consumer and have advised all my friends to do the same since before the PSN hack.

The company is just large enough and they have enough fanboys that add those to the regular dumb people in the world still stupid enough to trust them and I doubt it'll destroy them. I'd be happy to see it do so as it might act as a cautionary tale to other companies to take security more seriously before both their own and consumers data is stolen rather then knowing it's a problem having been told it's a problem and just ignoring it as Sony has done.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |