Can you press charges over this?

Deletive

This is canada if a criminal steals your computer and trips over your foot when he is heading out you will probably get charged.

I only smack people around if me or my family are in danger, or you steal from one of us...

OP seems silly to me and a bit immature.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

Literally the worst post in this entire thread. You don't make light of the situation, you strait up call him out. Jokingly call him a whore??? Wat. Also they're both 18 or even if the girl is 16 and he is 18 it's not illegal.

Yeah, so like what I said, call him out in a friendly way, not one that escalates the situation like this guy did. There is no need for violence, something that only someone who doesn't think uses. It's immature to use violence in this situation, the OP should know that it's better to use tact and words to change minds (am I right, 'Murica?) than to throw a blow.

From what I got from the post, it was underage sex the person was on about. Having underage sex is rape, my friend, which is illegal. Escalation doesn't help the situation (as we've seen), so in hindsight, maybe he should have made light of the situation, making his mind more likely to bend to what you have to say.

Compatible with Windows 95

How old are you? I think age will mater, if he can do anything.

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

How old are you? I think age will mater, if he can do anything.

Yeah, so like what I said, call him out in a friendly way, not one that escalates the situation like this guy did. There is no need for violence, something that only someone who doesn't think uses. It's immature to use violence in this situation, the OP should know that it's better to use tact and words to change minds (am I right, 'Murica?) than to throw a blow.

From what I got from the post, it was underage sex the person was on about. Having underage sex is rape, my friend, which is illegal. Escalation doesn't help the situation (as we've seen), so in hindsight, maybe he should have made light of the situation, making his mind more likely to bend to what you have to say.

I personally didn't want to ended it in violence. I tried calling him out in a friendly way, It's really hard to explain what happened in detail. He denied what he did and treated my call out as a joke is pretty much how it escalated.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

I personally didn't want to ended it in violence. I tried calling him out in a friendly way, It's really hard to explain what happened in detail. He denied what he did and treated my call out as a joke is pretty much how it escalated.

Yeah, I too have been in such situations in which it ends in violence, but at the end of the day, he would be stupid to press charges (if he hasn't already, he won't do it altogether).

I guess you know now just to leave before it escalates, there's no point staying and then having to face the consequences of your actions.

Compatible with Windows 95

Than don't worry that much. If you were full age, you would need to worry. Maybe you could get Detention or something, but sueing you would be kind of ridiculous. 

Lawyer-Dog-first3.jpg

Intel 4790k | Asus Z97 Maximus VII Impact | Corsair Vengeance Pro Series 16 GB 1866Mhz | Asus Strix GTX 980 | CoolerMaster G550 |Samsung Evo 250GB | Synology DS215j (NAS) | Logitech G502 |

Are you sure he was harassing? He could of been joking for all we know. 

Also don't get worked out if he tries to press charges. You can't put someone away for a light scuffle. 

You Westerners are a weird bunch...

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I'm only a casual lawyer, but you can get charged for assault. 

What he said or didn't say to girls is here-say and doesn't hold much good in any proceedings, sorry but thats just how it goes. What does hold water is the fact that, in the eyes of the law, you assaulted him. Vigilante justice is nice in theory, but the courts don't care. 

If he wants to press charges for assault he can, and they would stick. As sick as it sounds, YOU are the one who could get a record over this. Its probably not what you wanted to hear, but prepare yourself. 

And why the hell would you ask a bunch of 12-16 year olds on this site this question? There are far better forums to get actual insight into what might happen. I doubt anyone here has ever had to plead down a bloody speeding ticket much less face the issue of getting a assault charge. 

Guys, this post is a fake.. Canadians don't punch people.

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

What he said or didn't say to girls is here-say and doesn't hold much good in any proceedings, sorry but thats just how it goes. What does hold water is the fact that, in the eyes of the law, you assaulted him. Vigilante justice is nice in theory, but the courts don't care. 

If he wants to press charges for assault he can, and they would stick. As sick as it sounds, YOU are the one who could get a record over this. Its probably not what you wanted to hear, but prepare yourself. 

And why the hell would you ask a bunch of 12-16 year olds on this site this question? There are far better forums to get actual insight into what might happen. I doubt anyone here has ever had to plead down a bloody speeding ticket much less face the issue of getting a assault charge. 

This!

even if he does charge, it will bring to light why you punched him.

He has more to lose than you do, therefor, if he's smart enough to know how to sue, he's smart enough not to.

Are you sure he was harassing? He could of been joking for all we know. 

Also don't get worked out if he tries to press charges. You can't put someone away for a light scuffle. 

You Westerners are a weird bunch...

Well she's a very good friend and she barely knows the guy. Over here you don't ask those types of questions without atleast knowing somone.

someone would know what they're talking about when it comes to this. It wasn't really ever suppose to be vigilante justice just a simple talk. I feel like the fact that he's embrassed that he slipped before he could throw something back he's going to try and make the light of something.

even if he does charge, it will bring to light why you punched him.

He has more to lose than you do, therefor, if he's smart enough to know how to sue, he's smart enough not to.

It would probably ruin him more then me, I just really don't want to waste time and money over one little punch. 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Well she's a very good friend and she barely knows the guy. Over here you don't ask those types of questions without at least knowing someone.

Better just dropping it. He's only 'pressing charges' to use as a scare tactic. You won't be going in for giving some kid a black eye. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

Better just dropping it. He's only 'pressing charges' to use as a scare tactic. You won't be going in for giving some kid a black eye. 

Thanks for reassuring, I know he's trying to use the scare tactic and it's completely annoying.

Computing enthusiast. 

As much as it pains me to agree with someone from Calgary, this pretty much sums it up.

They only way an the police would really take this seriously would be if it was a case of bullying and it doesn't sound like it is.

Loledmonton.

Gaming Build:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3800x   |  GPU: Asus ROG STRIX 2080 SUPER Advanced (2115Mhz Core | 9251Mhz Memory) |  Motherboard: Asus X570 TUF GAMING-PLUS  |  RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 3600MHz 16GB  |  PSU: Corsair RM850x  |  Storage: 1TB ADATA XPG SX8200 Pro, 250GB Samsung 840 Evo, 500GB Samsung 840 Evo  |  Cooler: Corsair H115i Pro XT  |  Case: Lian Li PC-O11

Peripherals:

Monitor: LG 34GK950F  |  Sound: Sennheiser HD 598  |  Mic: Blue Yeti  |  Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB Platinum  |  Mouse: Logitech G502

Laptop:

Asus ROG Zephryus G15

Ryzen 7 4800HS, GTX1660Ti, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, 512GB nVME, 144hz

NAS:

QNAP TS-451

6TB Ironwolf Pro

This is canada if a criminal steals your computer and trips over your foot when he is heading out you will probably get charged.

Sounds like Denmark ...  :blink:

·· When I die i wan't to go peacefully - in my sleep, like my granddad - Not screaming in terror, like his passengers ··

·· [ while (!asleep()) { $sheep++} ] :: [ The Cave ] ··

So others are having fun and enjoying their school days, and you're going around all salty, assaulting people because you aren't having fun.

loooooool

I wouldn't worry to much about it. It sounds like talking is all the chump can do anyway.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

Tell him to go and press charges, the absolute  most that would happen is you two would have a chat with your school's Liaison officer. 

Are you sure he was harassing?

These days, flirting with girls is considered 'harassment'. Yeah, I know, it's idiotic.

In the USA a black eye would make it assault 4. Not sure for Canada. 

Loledmonton.

Good job restoring power to your downtown after only a week!

Now lets just hope you stay dry for another year.

Best bet against him pressing charges is to get the girls he was harassing to do the same then let his lawyer know what happens to his record if they win vs if he presses charges against you and he wins. Sexual predator vs assault, guess which one has more social stigma?

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.