Zalman is back with the CNPS9800 MAX: A new benchmark for the £12 cooler

brownninja97

doing this in college so may contain less information then normal.

CNPS9800_MAX_b02.jpg

Recently zalman dies, more recently zalman gave death the finger. They are back and they are at it again with a new cpu cooler however instead of attacking the budget bracket they are making a new bracket. The £15 bracket, sounds low and yes it might be but for that price you get 120watts of cooling ability which is pretty good with all things considered. 

CNPS9800_MAX_Eng_01.jpg

It comes with the standard issue zalman features, the fins arent copper however because they do need to get a profit somewhere, and yes 2 6mm heatpipes isnt a lot but its backed by a 120mm fan which isnt two bad.

rpm range: 900-2200

cfm: 46.7 @ 1500rpm

CNPS9800_MAX_kor_06.jpg

Fancy words to make it seem like they have innovated. So the placement of the heat pipes means that the the dead zone issue will be reduced. 

CNPS9800_MAX_kor_08.jpg

The fins have fancy designs, this causes turbulence and that is a very good thing to have especially with a cooler at this price bracket.

CNPS9800_MAX_kor_10.jpg

the dimensions

CNPS9800_MAX_kor_04.jpg

This is zalmans attempt at returning fire at linus because they dont have a square frame around the fan.

CNPS9800_MAX_kor_16.jpg

Grease me senpai

CNPS9800_MAX_kor_17.jpg

Here is all of the stuff which comes with this cooler. It supports all the stuff it should support.

Prices:

UK: £12

US: $15

Euros: Not known as of yet

Sources:

http://zalman.com/global/product/Product_Read.php?Idx=939

http://www.hwp.ru/news/Zalman_planiruet_nachat_prodazhi_novogo_CPU_kulera_bashennogo_tipa_modeli__CNPS9800_MAX_136891/

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

When will they learn that circles don't attract people. proof being minecraft. 

7c9.jpgCircle.png

no hard feelings

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

120 watts for that price is pretty good

If your grave doesn't say "rest in peace" on it You are automatically drafted into the skeleton war.

>Grease me senpai

God dammit, lost it when i read that.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

no hard feelings

They weren't in infdev. Which is the only version of minecraft i played. 

When will they learn that circles don't attract people. proof being minecraft. 

But, round edges is the future. Look at phones. 

Recently zalman dies, more recently zalman gave death the finger.

Another quote for my profile! :lol:

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

As long as there not dead i am happy 

Current system - ThinkPad Yoga 460

ExSystems

Spoiler

Laptop - ASUS FX503VD

|| Case: NZXT H440 ❤️|| MB: Gigabyte GA-Z170XP-SLI || CPU: Skylake Chip || Graphics card : GTX 970 Strix || RAM: Crucial Ballistix 16GB || Storage:1TB WD+500GB WD + 120Gb HyperX savage|| Monitor: Dell U2412M+LG 24MP55HQ+Philips TV ||  PSU CX600M || 

Why is zalman nearly the only one using a round design in their coolers? Are all the other ones being stupid or is zalman being silly, I would assume it has some impact on cooling and manufacturing cost.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Hmm, an interesting cooler, 120W of dissipation for £12 is a steal really, especially when almost every other cooler at that price doesn't even have a heat pipe, so I can see the appeal of this if you don't quite have the money for a be quiet pure rock or hyper 212.

PCs

Spoiler
Spoiler

Branwen (2015 build) - CPU: i7 4790K GPU:EVGA GTX 1070 SC PSU: XFX XTR 650W RAM: 16GB Kingston HyperX fury Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPower MAX AC SSD: Crucial MX100 256GB + Crucial MX300 1TB  Case: Silverstone RV05 Cooler: Corsair H80i V2 Displays: AOC AGON AG241QG & BenQ BL2420PT Build log: link 

Spoiler

Netrunner (2020 build) - CPU: AMD R7 3700X GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 (from 2015 build) PSU: Corsair SF600 platinum RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix RGB 3600Mhz cl16 Motherboard: Gigabyte Aorus X570i pro wifi SSD: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB Case: Lian Li TU150W black Cooler: Be Quiet! Dark Rock Slim

Why is zalman nearly the only one using a round design in their coolers? Are all the other ones being stupid or is zalman being silly, I would assume it has some impact on cooling and manufacturing cost.

they like to be different, it has its benefits but it also comes with problems. Its about having a branding, like if you saw this in a build you would know that it is definitely from zalman because its the  type of cooler that they use. Having that branding is very powerful, thats why a company like noctua doesnt really need to do much, people blindly follow them for everything. 

Listen if you care.

That is pretty sweet, when they come out I might pick one up to replace my stock cooler  :P

they like to be different, it has its benefits but it also comes with problems. Its about having a branding, like if you saw this in a build you would know that it is definitely from zalman because its the type of cooler that they use. Having that branding is very powerful, thats why a company like noctua doesnt really need to do much, people blindly follow them for everything.

Seems reasonable, but keep in mind that the brown plastic on the noctua fans doesn't really impact preformance, this an actually different design with different effects on airflow, I am truly curious as to which design is better (I might even create a simulation in CFD for this)

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Main rig:

i7-4790 - 24GB RAM - GTX 970 - Samsung 840 240GB Evo - 2x 2TB Seagate. - 4 monitors - G710+ - G600 - Zalman Z9U3

Other devices

Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone

Surface Pro 3 - i7 - 256Gb

Surface RT

Server:

SuperMicro something - Xeon e3 1220 V2 - 12GB RAM - 16TB of Seagates 

Seems reasonable, but keep in mind that the brown plastic on the noctua fans doesn't really impact preformance, this an actually different design with different effects on airflow, I am truly curious as to which design is better (I might even create a simulation in CFD for this)

i personally believe that square designs are better however with a circle design it means that the heat spreads in multiple directions, i would think that the heatsink should expand around the fan then but that would cost more and it would mean that it would look too attractive. 

Listen if you care.

i wonder how it performs compared to others 

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

i wonder how it performs compared to others 

not sure but its definitely beats anything in its price range.

Listen if you care.

Nice name... No but seriously i hope this is an evo killer. I am sick of pretty much 50 % of the builds these days using evos

Interested in Business and Technology

Is nobody mad about the LED fan?

No takers? Honestly?

:( k, then...

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

not sure but its definitely beats anything in its price range.

ok

Spoiler

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

it also looks like you can't change the fan

Spoiler

it also looks like you can't change the fan

you can change it for another zalman fan. dick move however

Is nobody mad about the LED fan?

No takers? Honestly?

:( k, then...

i dont think this cooler would go so well with a black or white fan

Listen if you care.

you can change it for another zalman fan. dick move however

ok and yeah it is

Spoiler